Landlord not returning security deposit 30k

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guts plz help my dear cousins..

My cousin bro is pursuing engineering in pune and stays with his younger sister.

In October 2011 they rented a flat and everything went legal as per contract, paper work, police verification etc. etc.

In that society, there is acute water problem and parking issues. This wasnt explained by the landlord and said u can park anywhere and water supply is 24hrs.

24hrs water is just once in a blue moon and daily they have to battle for parking. and water come at 6am n dries out by 7:30am.

Every time they complaint to him, he keeps saying that u need to adjust. WTF?
<
we are paying him hefty rent of 8.7k and he tells to adjust?

The landlord also is very arrogant, have no sense of talking esp to females. Sister went to his house to give him 30days adv. notice to vacate the flat and asked when he will pay back the security deposit but that idiot man behaved extreme rudely and kept insulting her stating that i dont liked you people who always keep complaining of one thing or another. I wont give you back the deposit and you have to pay me rent for remaining 6 months also and vacate the place within a week now.

Just because my cousins look small in front of him he always underestimates them.
<

WTF guys
<

She told him as per agreement we can leave the house with prior 30day adv. notice and after that you have to pay us back our deposit but he isnt listening at all. Now he demanded to paint the whole house also. In fact He gave us the house painted in October and its very well maintained. He just want to make money or give nonsense reasons for no cause.

Even the agents via whom the flat was dealt went to talk to him and he even bashed them arrogantly.

Agent now told us to lodge a police complaint. Agents are with us and so many people who we know.

We are acting legally as per contract--30days adv, notice and till date have paid all rent regularly. Nothing or smashed/broken in the house.

My bro already found a good flat in nearby area and planning to move there but only if this issue gets solved else they will be trapped between two properties.
<

Plz advice me guys. On Monday i'm going to pune to fix this matter. I'm ready to take legal action but how far will it fetch the results? Or should i run to a consumer court?
<

Guide me as to what all possible things can be done in this matter.

Anybody from pune here if you can personally meet and help me will be appreciable greatly.
<

sit with that member, and settle out the matter silently, this days people had gone damm crazy seeing money.

I am also facing this situation, One of my shop owner is also demanding rent to be hiked by about 40%, i got a huge fight with him over the issue, just can hope he dont throw me out of his shop
<

Go to the police station that has jurisdiction and explain the matter. The cops will sort this out for you. Do not insist on making a complaint. Ask the cops to settle the matter for you. In case it doesn't work out, lodge a complaint. Ask the cops to register a case. Ask your cousin sister (the female) to take initiative. Cops will handle the case differently if a female takes the initiative and is in trouble.

Also, ask the agents to accompany and depose for you at the Police station.

Well, ask your cousins to make use of big contacts. Go to police and ask them to sort out the matter. These landlords
<

yea, big contacts will surely work bro, if you got good contact will any politician i think a phone call will be enough to sort out the matter
<

My friend also faced a similar situation in Kothrud, he got 3 BIG guys and went along them to "settle" the matter with the landlord. The landlord immediately gave in.

My friend also faced a similar situation in Kothrud, he got 3 BIG guys and went along them to "settle" the matter with the landlord. The landlord immediately gave in.

kauzy has offered a helping hand
<
so lets await till he meets my bro or i meet him asap.

This landlord has no brain nor he believes in any contract/agreement..nor he wants to listen anything...

He just dont want to return the money.

+ want us to pay whole rent for the remaining 6 months.

+ is asking to leave asap as he gets the money.

+ asking for a repaint of his when nothing has gone wrong with the house.

My dear cousins dont know to handle all this police stuff as nobody among us have ever been to a police station and involved in such matters before apart from formal verification for tenant and passport.

So m requesting to all members residing in pune or nr kothrud zone to come together and support.

Rest i'm just hoping that god gives that landlord some kind of sudden intelligence and he agrees on everything peacefully.

The matter was resolved yesterday finally bit peacefully between both parties in accordance with the agents. The owner has put forth a condition for repainting the house and asked for a new main door as we installed a latch/lock for security and asked to vacate the house in 4 day and he will pay the deposit.

Paint will cost 1k so thats not an issue as it will be handled by our dear agent who was very supportive. And why the hell shall we give him a new door? So we will donate the lock to him as a daan dakshina. Ye garib bhi kya yaad rakhega kisase pala pada tha...
<

Still m not relieved yet 100% but only until he returns the said amount.

Will post updates as it goes on..

I have stayed in Pune for 6 years and have been lucky to have very good home owners. But yes, those owners can be real PITA. Most want to earn money at the cost of others apathy.

I had actually thought of buying that spy pen stuff to record the audio and video everytime i dealt with someone (be in house rent or anything) to be able to have a proof in case things go out of hand later.

Actually yesterday my cousins did record all the stuff in their cellphones...audio recording was turned on during interactions. And everything was recorded esp. the arrogant hi pitch behavior of him
<
So now if he fails tor return the money this week, he will definitely goto jail as we have enuf evidence.

And then i wont care about the money but will make sure he pays very much painfully for what he did to the innocents.

This landlord has no brain nor he believes in any contract/agreement..nor he wants to listen anything...

He just dont want to return the money.

+ want us to pay whole rent for the remaining 6 months.

+ is asking to leave asap as he gets the money.

+ asking for a repaint of his when nothing has gone wrong with the house.

Have you read their contract ?

Is there a lock-in period where if the tenant quits they must pay for the remainder.

Is there a clause that asks for repainting to be done at the tenants expense if they leave before a stipulated time period.

If these aren't there then i don't know how he can demand them, you can always refuse as he has no basis to demand it. However if they are and your cousins signed to it then they are obligated to honour it.

Are you sure you have the full story ?

Have you read their contract ?

Is there a lock-in period where if the tenant quits they must pay for the remainder.

Is there a clause that asks for repainting to be done at the tenants expense if they leave before a stipulated time period.

If these aren't there then i don't know how he can demand them, you can always refuse as he has no basis to demand it. However if they are and your cousins signed to it then they are obligated to honour it.

Are you sure you have the full story ?

Yes the only clause was that about painting but that piece of shit is not sticking to the contract. Still Apart from the repaint he is asking nothing more so i guess its fine. Cousins wont mind a 1k for some crap paint as that will be looked after by the agent himself. Rest its ok for the time atleast. But if he does anymore drama then he is surely dead then as i have decided to make his life a living hell..

Have contacted some higher authority persons. But not dragging any of my close family members in right now. Want to settle it behind them.

big house--1bhk

1k wasnt asked by the owner but we assumed it may take 1k to repaint the house.

Is it too much to pay or too little??

Back