Laptops Lappy for Under 25k

satya.Y2K

Disciple
Mumbai Mirror quoted a ONE DAY OFFER today for the HCL LEAPTOP L1908
for Rs24,990.
Are these offers worth the money coz its a Celeron 1.86Ghz,Wifienables,with no DVD writer :( ?

Or is it true that in Vashi and Thane u get the same lappys for 4 or 5k less coz of no/negligible octroi?

No. i used to think so. from what i have seen from my personal experiences of late, prices in vashi are in fact a bit more than the prices in lammy.

and that celeron lappy is pure crap. you can get a very decent amd based(MK-36, 2.0Ghz, no dual core though but much better than celeron) lappy for that price here in lamington road. Also if one can stretch the budget a bit to say 33-34k you can get a decent AMD x2(dual core) lappy.

Blugene said:
No. i used to think so. from what i have seen from my personal experiences of late, prices in vashi are in fact a bit more than the prices in lammy.

and that celeron lappy is pure crap. you can get a very decent amd based(MK-36, 2.0Ghz, no dual core though but much better than celeron) lappy for that price here in lamington road. Also if one can stretch the budget a bit to say 33-34k you can get a decent AMD x2(dual core) lappy.

I know of a referral scheme where one can get a Lenovo Y500... Config: Celeron 1.6Ghz, 512Mb, 950GMA, 80GB HDD... for just 8850... with bill and warranty...

For that price even a celeron is ok for me...

PM me if you are interested...

Well the referral scheme sounded like pure gold.

But the Pyramid explanation is pure Crap

Looks like I'd better try my Luck at Lammy

PM me any contact details if u can guys

No one knows any dealers at Lammy?

Looks Like I gotta go to PRIME but that guy overcharges above the rates available at other shops.

And asking around for the best deal is not gonna work now that the festive season has almost started :(

techie_007 said:
^^^ ya..i know of that referral scheme :p its basically a pyramid marketing scheme where u have to get 2 guys who have to get 2 more..blah blah blah.....n the suckers at the end of the chain gets screwed ;)

For a detailed explanation: Pyramid scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

satya.Y2K said:
Well the referral scheme sounded like pure gold.

But the Pyramid explanation is pure Crap

Ya.. sure the referral scheme is basically a pyramid marketing scheme... but it ain't as big as seen on Wikipedia... :rofl:

You basically sign up and refer two guys and those guys will have to refer two guys under them (total 4.. see the pic below)... and that's it you get a Lenovo Y500 lappy... Does it sound so hard?? :p

schk7.jpg

i myself don't want a celeron Lappy with no DVD writer and inadequate space.

its just that the price is a big Plus point.

I wonder whether i will actually get 2 or 4 or 6 more people who will buy an outdated laptop., :(

best to go in for a centrino dual..........listed today at 39k in mumbai mirror

NeViLLe said:
Yeah but still... 8.8k Vs 39k??

ya sure.....n each guy in the chain has to get 6 ppl below him to get a lappy.........so u have to find a group of 6 guys willing to pay 8.8k in advance (YUP, wasnt mentioned above was it? :D ) before even 1 guy gets a lappy. so the companys effectively getting 8.8kX6= 52k aprox for a 25k lappy :p and the more number of ppl drop out the better for them cos they get to keep the money ;)

sure u just might get a lappy cheap...but what about the poor suckers who u get to participate in the scheme, u better pray that the ones who cant find another 6 suckers arent ur friends/relatives....cos if they were, they wont be anymore :p

like wiki says, the scheme will finally collapse no matter what. n i know cos i had the same pitch put to me last week in Pune :p

Such pyramid schemes are bound to collapse within a short span of time and only the early birds will be benefited and all others will be losers and finally it will end up in litigations. Why be a party to it.

janitha said:
Such pyramid schemes are bound to collapse within a short span of time and only the early birds will be benefited and all others will be losers and finally it will end up in litigations. Why be a party to it.

Matter of the fact is that this just started around a month back... so the 'early bird' will benefit... ;)

NeViLLe said:
Matter of the fact is that this just started around a month back... so the 'early bird' will benefit... ;)
First, why encourage such cheating schemes? Second, there is every chance of losing your cash.

These pyramid schemes are banned in many countries now. Even in Tamil Nadu there were police cases of Cheating in Pyramid schemes.
Please stay away from these schemes.

NeViLLe said:

Question for Neville: if the scheme is so good, why push it to ppl on TE? I am sure u can get 6 close friends/relatives interested :eek:hyeah: heehee......

Of course, u could be doing it only for the good of the community. In that case i apologize :p

janitha said:
First, why encourage such cheating schemes? Second, there is every chance of losing your cash.

gmano said:
These pyramid schemes are banned in many countries now. Even in Tamil Nadu there were police cases of Cheating in Pyramid schemes.

Please stay away from these schemes.

I took this up since a friend of mine already received a brand new lappy...

techie_007 said:
Question for Neville: if the scheme is so good, why push it to ppl on TE? I am sure u can get 6 close friends/relatives interested :eek:hyeah: heehee......

I ain't pushing anyone... just spreading the word around... so that if someone with good contacts and in need of a cheap lappy can benefit...

Even if someone is interested in the forum, I wouldn't let him register under me... I've already got my two referrals... hee heee :rofl:

And in about a months time i'll get my lappy :hap2:

Anyways... I ain't gonna reply to any further questions since I ain't selling this here... if anyone interested then drop a PM... i'll give you shop address... and that's it... then u go there and see it yourself...

^NeViLLe

I asked for 25k, u gave 8k.Thanks for the Info mate.

I dont think anyone ever said you were selling the scheme here.....just their own views on some OTHER schemes where people have never got what was promised.

No Hard feelings mate !!

Back