Laptops Laptop battery for L501x

How good are these ? Can this one last for an year atleast ?
no idea..
i am also planning to buy these..
i'll be buying 6 cell ones they cost around 1700 bucks
will be happy if they serve for like 6 to 8 months
my RMAed battery died after 8 months these are the aftermarket ones what else can you expect
my only concern is that they should not have spikings (fluctuation issues) and heating problems

Could you please share your experience with Non-Dell batteries? How well do they perform?

My 2.5 years old original 9-cell battery of Dell XPS L502x is dying. As per Dell, now the cost is Rs. 3500 for 6 cell battery and Rs. 5500 for 9 cell battery with 90 days warranty period. Isn't the cost too much!! Before going for Dell battery, I want to explore other decent less costly options.

My current battery lasted more that 2 years and I will continue using this laptop for 2 more years atleast.

no idea..
i am also planning to buy these..
i'll be buying 6 cell ones they cost around 1700 bucks
will be happy if they serve for like 6 to 8 months
my RMAed battery died after 8 months these are the aftermarket ones what else can you expect
my only concern is that they should not have spikings (fluctuation issues) and heating problems

@xenaxance
@avi

Could you please share your experience with Non-Dell batteries? How well do they perform?

My 2.5 years old original 9-cell battery of Dell XPS L502x is dying. As per Dell, now the cost is Rs. 3500 for 6 cell battery and Rs. 5500 for 9 cell battery with 90 days warranty period. Isn't the cost too much!! Before going for Dell battery, I want to explore other decent less costly options.

My current battery lasted more that 2 years and I will continue using this laptop for 2 more years atleast.

@xenaxance

i will advice you to go for the aftermarket ones they are cheap and have more warranty
i bought mine within a week after posting the query .. so its like 2.5 months .. and i don't have any issues till now

mine is a 6 cell one..
battery backup depends on usage.. i never paid any attention to it..
i can say i get around 2 hr backup
for normal usage (surfing, music etc)

please do check on movies also. I have full HD 1080p screen, battery back up will be even lesser for me :|

also have you tried gaming ? and whats your battery config ?

if you used 9 cell then i'll advice.. dont move to 6cell battery
its quite annoying

about the backup
i played a HQ, 720p movie with brightness full
the battery backup was like 80 min in balanced mode

Get the dell original battery. I got an after market one, it lasts barely 80-90 minutes. The original one lasted 3hours atleast and lasted for 3-4yrs. It makes no sense to get the aftermarket one if you are using it for a long time. Same goes for the dell adapter/charger. Get the original one they are already pretty decently priced.

Get the dell original battery. I got an after market one, it lasts barely 80-90 minutes. The original one lasted 3hours atleast and lasted for 3-4yrs. It makes no sense to get the aftermarket one if you are using it for a long time. Same goes for the dell adapter/charger. Get the original one they are already pretty decently priced.
no they dont

Back