Laptops Laptop compatible battery

Laptop- HP Pavilion 15 AU134-TX
So my laptop's battery is dying and it is not giving the desired backup as it once gave it to me. I called the HP customer care and they told me that once the laptop has completed 5 years, the spares are no longer available and that I need to get a compatible battery to further continue using it.
So I want to know if you guys have ever purchased a compatible battery for your laptop and if so what are your suggestions and where do I need to get it from. I don't mind spending a little extra as long as I get a good battery with a decent backup.
My current location- Nagpur, but I can get it from Mumbai. I would prefer to get it from Mumbai as there are far more better options available.

my experience with the generic ones - yes. including ones bought from UK, US, highly rated sellers etc. even an OEM battery hardly lasts 3 years
EDIT: looks like OEM batteries are still around - search for Genuine Original BP02XL, but the sellers - I've never heard of them.

Try and check if you get a compatible battery -

Try and check if you get a compatible battery -
Sadly, mine is 2 cell battery. Way older generation than what the site is offering.

If you want oem, best option will be to take it to nearby HP service center.

most of the batteries online which claim oem are refurbished or knock offs.

I would suggest going to local repair shops, and see if they provide some warranty on repairs

Its 133 not 134 but its AU series

Picked up a couple from them last Jul for my HP Spectre whose battery seems to have conked out so will be replacing the battery soon

Came well-packed. Weighed more than the original battery. Got three years with the OEM. We will see how long this one lasts.

That is how it looks

Last edited:
Installed the new battery in the spectre. Charging up for the first time.

Some hassles installing as the holes were not aligning exactly so had to make them a bit wider on the battery. Made the holes wider with a hot poker and then the battery sat flush.

Also, the plug from the battery that attaches to the laptop needed to be turned one eighty as the wiring was flipped compared to the original

So far the battery seems to be holding at 6+ hours. Mine is an 80 watt hour one.

HP support assistant cannot detect a battery so cannot do any health checks. It shows up in the battery bar app just fine.

Check them out if you want. This is as good as it gets with a generic. A lot better than mobile generics.

How long will it last, we will see. The genuine ones last exactly three years.

The thing that worries me with a closest battery than actual battery is the case of misalignment or not fitting properly. Already one screw head which fits the panel is broken and the reason mentioned by my friend was due to regular opening of the laptop lid, it has caused stress on the screws near the panel and the crack widened with regular use with it ultimately giving up.

If the 133 and 134 have the same battery configuration and layout then I can easily get the battery you have mentioned.

Goto Lamington Road in Mumbai, or call/whatsapp on this number below. Has been my go to guy for spares for years now.

Ask for the original or 1st copy. Ensure you check the battery before install, if anything look out of the ordinary, ask to change.

Ensure you set your charging mode in the laptop to AC only if available, that will ensure it will not charge the battery fully to 100%. Or try to limit your charging to prevent 100% charging, with these batteries proper QA/QC might not be done.

Also if at anytime you sense something wrong with the battery get it checked.

1691037121076.png

@vivek.krishnan Are there laptops with AC only mode? Does it bypass the battery in a proper way when the implementation is software only? I have always used my laptops in charging mode and no wonder they lose their battery life fast.

I have always used my laptops in charging mode and no wonder they lose their battery life fast.
Keeping battery always at 100% is very bad for the cells. They will die within a year.
Symptoms will include random shutdowns at random battery percentages and sometimes battery will seem to be not charging at random percentages.

When mostly plugged in use OEM provided software to limit charge percentage to around 70-80% and don't charge more than that. You can then keep it plugged in as long as you want.
If your battery is at 100%, use it and don't keep it plugged in.

@vivek.krishnan Are there laptops with AC only mode? Does it bypass the battery in a proper way when the implementation is software only? I have always used my laptops in charging mode and no wonder they lose their battery life fast.

business laptops have it. Dell has it on all. Check your laptop settings in windows/bios or google for it.

In AC mode, they only allow charging upto 50%

Keeping battery always at 100% is very bad for the cells. They will die within a year.
Symptoms will include random shutdowns at random battery percentages and sometimes battery will seem to be not charging at random percentages.
Yep
When mostly plugged in use OEM provided software to limit charge percentage to around 70-80% and don't charge more than that. You can then keep it plugged in as long as you want.
HP does not have any software to limit the max charge.
If your battery is at 100%, use it and don't keep it plugged in.
That's how I use the Spectre

So I have observed some weird behaviour with my old HP laptop battery. When my laptop is on, it will never charge beyond 60, 70%(it keeps on varying, it has a mind of its own.) However, when I shut down the laptop and charge the battery, I can see that it can charge to 90% or even 100%. Has something being damaged in the internals that it won't let it charge beyond 60, 70%. I am on Windows 10.
Mine is a old laptop, so there is no software as such to set the charge limit. However, I used the 3rd party tool to alert me when charge goes above 80% and below 40%. So that way, I kept my battery between 40-80% charge.
Its 133 not 134 but its AU series

Picked up a couple from them last Jul for my HP Spectre whose battery seems to have conked out so will be replacing the battery soon

Came well-packed. Weighed more than the original battery. Got three years with the OEM. We will see how long this one lasts.

That is how it looks
Finally bit the bullet and got one. I might get it installed in this week.

So I have observed some weird behaviour with my old HP laptop battery. When my laptop is on, it will never charge beyond 60, 70%(it keeps on varying, it has a mind of its own.) However, when I shut down the laptop and charge the battery, I can see that it can charge to 90% or even 100%. Has something being damaged in the internals that it won't let it charge beyond 60, 70%. I am on Windows 10.
Your battery is on the way out. It will continue to misbehave like that and then in a few more days it will refuse to accept any charge
Finally bit the bullet and got one. I might get it installed in this week.
Link you got it from?

Back