Laptops Laptop compatible battery

The one you shared above. Lapgadgets.
Can anyone with their experience chip in if there is poor battery back up with Windows 11 21H2 or the latest version?
@blr_p @lockhrt999 @enthusiast29 @6pack
No there are no battery issues, however if you're thinking to install new version of windows to test your new off-brand battery then I would recommend against it.
Keep the variables to minimum otherwise you won't know what's wrong if you don't like the backup of the battery.

Use your existing OS for a few days with the new battery. Observe the backup and you can have direct comparison with your old one. If it seems fine then you can upgrade.

No there are no battery issues, however if you're thinking to install new version of windows to test your new off-brand battery then I would recommend against it.
Keep the variables to minimum otherwise you won't know what's wrong if you don't like the backup of the battery.

Use your existing OS for a few days with the new battery. Observe the backup and you can have direct comparison with your old one. If it seems fine then you can upgrade.
Thanks. That was my original plan. How long do you think should suffice? Would 1 month be enough?
Not that I am too eager to jump to W11 bandwagon but given the 2025 deadline approaching, I wanted to check and get some hands on feel on what W11 and how much do I need to adapt.

Btw, I was talking about W11 20H2. We were on W10 and all systems in our ODC were upgraded to W11 20H2. Since then, the battery back has reduced drastically. Hence wanted to know if there are any battery issues.

Just letting you guys know, mine is an unsupported hardware. Except my processor, everything is compatible.

I have purchased non-OEM batteries two times for the same laptop. The first time, the battery lasted only for 6 months. The second battery is still going even after 3 years. The only thing I remember is that I got highly rated battery the second time.

No idea about window 11 as I haven't used it.

I have purchased non-OEM batteries two times for the same laptop. The first time, the battery lasted only for 6 months. The second battery is still going even after 3 years. The only thing I remember is that I got highly rated battery the second time.
Where did you get the second battery from?

with laptops there are differences between generics

Both from Amazon.
One test I did with mobile batteries was to weigh the generic and compare its weight with the original. Invariably the original was the heavier battery. You need a scale that can tell the difference between a few grams here.

I did the same with the generic laptop battery here and to my surprise it was heavier than the original. Maybe that's a good sign. We'll see.

Seems like I am not getting the backup I was expecting. Somewhat similar to what I was getting with my previous battery.
These local cheap no-name batteries are not worth it. Now if you'd have already upgraded to Win11 you would probably blame the OS or be confused.
Anyways, I made my peace with old laptops and their dying batteries. I don't buy the battery for long use but instead think of it as backup like a UPS but better.

Use the device always plugged in and limit the charge at 80%. If not possible then remove the charger and keep using until 25-30% and charge again.

if you'd have already upgraded to Win11 you would probably blame the OS or be confused.
Nope. I haven't upgraded to Win11. I already experienced poor battery life earlier and was reading on the net to see if this issue has been resolved. Turns out it isn't.

Use the device always plugged in and limit the charge at 80%. If not possible then remove the charger and keep using until 25-30% and charge again.
Yup, I keep my battery within 30-80% range.

Seems like I am not getting the backup I was expecting. Somewhat similar to what I was getting with my previous battery.
It's pretty close to the original with me. No complaints here. Much better than the generics you get for mobile for sure. Charge to 100 and recharge at 30. It is double the capacity of yours.

How long the battery lasts over time is the question. I got three years out of the original. Will this last as long, half as long or less remains to be seen. I'll stock up on more of them.

Last edited:
It's pretty close to the original with me. No complaints here. Much better than the generics you get for mobile for sure. Charge to 100 and recharge at 30. It is double the capacity of yours.

How long the battery lasts over time is the question. I got three years out of the original. Will this last as long, half as long or less remains to be seen. I'll stock up on more of them.
My first original died within a year as I always kept it at 100%. Learnt my mistake and kept the second original within 30-80% and it lasted me 5 years (Got it in 2019).
I am also keeping this between 30-80% range. Somehow it seems that the backup is somewhat similar to the previous battery at reduced capacity.

Continuing my observation with the battery, I see that battery drains by a few percentages even when it is switched off. I read online and found one of the culprit to be Fast Boot. So I disabled it, yet it seems to drain the battery. Another reason could be USB "Always powered on." Unfortunately, my bios doesn't have the option to disable it but it doesn't fit in the logic as to how current can still be flowing to the USB ports when the device is switched off.
Any idea how can I reduce, minimise this battery drain?

I am on windows 10, 22h2 build.

but it doesn't fit in the logic as to how current can still be flowing to the USB ports when the device is switched off.
Some if not all laptops do this. But it should be okay as long as you don't have anything plugged in.

If the battery is removable then do remove it after switching your laptop off and see if the battery percentage still drops once you plug it back in.

Back