Laptop for 30k

AMDfreak

Disciple
I need a laptop in the range of 28-30k.

I have short-listed 2 models but am not able to decide clearly as to which one to go for.

My need:

Movies,
General office work (like word and co etc etc),
Gaming = very very less, if not none.
Reliability and a bit long-lasting is a very high priority. A little future proof :p
HD compatible screen :huh::ashamed:

the models i have short-listed:

Compaq CQ42-307AU
Samsung NB R440-JA04IN
Need advice and reply ASAP!:(

AMDfreak said:
I need a laptop in the range of 28-30k.

I have short-listed 2 models but am not able to decide clearly as to which one to go for.

My need:

Movies,
General office work (like word and co etc etc),
Gaming = very very less, if not none.
Reliability and a bit long-lasting is a very high priority. A little future proof :p
HD compatible screen :huh::ashamed:

the models i have short-listed:

Compaq CQ42-307AU
Samsung NB R440-JA04IN
Need advice and reply ASAP!:(

1)Whats a HD Compatible screen?
2) As reliability is a major concern, see if any of the older Thinkpad R series c2d based models are available in the market. They are crazy reliable(you will get bored before they break).I would have recommended the T series, but they start at 57k..:)
3)I would recommend you go with a matte screen model

Samsung NB R440-JA04IN, dunno about this but Samsung NP R440-JA04IN/ Compaq CQ42-273TU/CQ42-274TU have exactly the same specs... I suggest go with Compaq because HP has much better ASS as compared to Samsung, Samsung's ASS is bad... Anyways in this budget you could go for Dell Inspiron 14R....

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

You get a faster Processor i3 370 over i3 350 and Dells ASS is good...

No laptop in your budget will have a HD screen, that is reserved for 16"/17" behemoths.. If you mean HDMI output.. I am really not sure any in your budget will have it ...

Back