Budget 41-50k Laptop for Casual usage

kg_87

Disciple
Hi Guys/Gals,

I am looking to buy a laptop for casual usage. ( Web browsing + Youtube/Netflix etc.). Most of the times it may be used by my nephew for joining online classes or for preparing assignments.

Kindly suggest laptops within 50k (I am ready to spend additional 5k for extended warranty ).

With so many models/makers in the market it's getting difficult to select the right one. Primarily focus is on sturdiness / warranty coverage and one that should last few years.

Thanks

If you're primary concern is sturdiness then I suggest you look into the business laptop section. My first lappy was one of these and I literally dropped it down a flight of stairs and off the table multiple times and it's still going strong. Just a suggestion.

imo a ssd as a boot drive will give you way better gains than moving from an i3 to an i5 per rupee. But if can squeeze in an i5 that's great.

Would i3 be sufficient? Any models with i5 processor? What about Ryzen series? Saw it being suggested over expensive i5 in other threads.
What about this one https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-15-6-inch-Fingerprint-Platinum-81WE018TIN/dp/B08PV3L6WR/

or this one?

Yeah you can but you did not mention gaming or other intensive tasks so I suggested i3.
Do note that the laptops will hardly have 2:30-3 hrs backup and also the slim 3 model as per reviews lacks baclit keyboard

Depends if you will be using mostly at home I would actually suggest entry level gaming laptop with atleast i5 and half decent Graphic card, They have better cooling , better for media consumption and in future you can do other graphic intensive tasksnif need be. Flipside would be they are slightly on the heavier side and have a bit less battery backup.

Either way whichever Laptop you decide do check if they have option to extend Ram atleast, Thats a must if you want it to last a few years .

Bumping this thread so that i can ask a quick question as well.
Searching for a laptop for a friend of mine who's going to college soon. Apparently he will only need it for basic stuff and perhaps for a bit of C programming (although i have no clue what programs he will exactly use)
I have shortlisted two laptops, mainly the MSI Modern 14 Ryzen 5 4500U and the MI Notebook 14 (i5 10th gen). Kinda confused between these two tbh.

Searching for a laptop for a friend of mine who's going to college soon. Apparently he will only need it for basic stuff and perhaps for a bit of C programming (although i have no clue what programs he will exactly use)
I have shortlisted two laptops, mainly the MSI Modern 14 Ryzen 5 4500U and the MI Notebook 14 (i5 10th gen). Kinda confused between these two tbh.
Definitely the Modern between those two.

I think the Mi notebook has no upgrade support

checkout lenovo website
81VV00K8IN was for 52k now 53k + (compulsorily to be taken I feel from past experinces ) 3 Years Warranty + 1 Year Premium Care + 1 Year ADP for ₹1,599
Original OS + Office student + NVMe SSD + IPS screen
HDFC cash back 5k
making total to 47.6k or 48.5k . Thats good deal

checkout lenovo website
81VV00K8IN was for 52k now 53k + (compulsorily to be taken I feel from past experinces ) 3 Years Warranty + 1 Year Premium Care + 1 Year ADP for ₹1,599
Original OS + Office student + NVMe SSD + IPS screen
HDFC cash back 5k
making total to 47.6k or 48.5k . Thats good deal
Many thanks! Bought it.

Back