Laptops Laptop for gaming?

Any recommendations for good laptops tht are suitable for gaming..

1.Budget is 80k
2.Weight does not matter
3.Purpose as mentioned above is strictly for gaming and maybe the occassional surfing.

Also shd I wait for sometime for better laptops since this lappy shd last me for 3-4 yrs of gaming.Btw are there any issues with the Dell customer service?

Dude go for Dell XPS M1530 with following customised config

-----------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM COLOR Tuxedo Black
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7700 (2.4GHz/800Mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium Edition
LCD AND CAMERA Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1280x800) & 2.0 MP Camera
MEMORY 3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
HARD DRIVE Size: 250GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)
VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT
WIRELESS CARDS Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
BLUETOOTH OPTIONS Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0+Enhanced Data Rate)
BATTERY OPTIONS 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition
------------------------------------------------------------

Costs you around 70K /- :) :)

id suggest he goes wit xps 1330 rather tan 1530.. the 1330 led i feel is an amzing screen !! though u do compromise on gfx card..

another option (wont really call it a gaming laptop) but apple is going to launch portable macbook pros in jan.. should be good specs wise if rumors r to be believed.

just 2-3 things....
the above config is gr8......get a better resolution( unless u plan to make use of the hdmi outlet...hehe)....get a 9-cell battery and a 7200 rpm hard-drive.... n if u go for these higher customizations...the dell ppl will be more than ready to bargain.....get a 3 yr complete cover......well within yr budget..... or mayb wid a few thousands to spare.....

madmonkey said:
Also shd I wait for sometime for better laptops since this lappy shd last me for 3-4 yrs of gaming.Btw are there any issues with the Dell customer service?

i don't think ny laptop at present or comin out in near future is gonna last like more than 2 yrs...... def not for gamin...
dell cust care....not much doubt in that....they r among the best if not the best

if you can manage to get the Alienware from the US.. then this config can be had for roughly... USD $ 2249.. i sure got an eye on this baby..

Area-51® m9750

Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium

Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner

Video/Graphics Card: 512MB Nvidia® GeForce™ Go 8700M GT

Chassis: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology - Stealth Black

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB

Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 1024MB

System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 80GB SATA 1.5Gb/s 7,200RPM 8MB Cache

Optical Drives : 8x Dual Layer CD-RW/DVD±RW Burner

Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card

Sound Card : High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service

AlienContact: Added Bonus with any AlienSupport Selection

AlienContact - Remote Alienware Support

Monitor: No Monitor

Thx for the input guys,but shd I increase the budget since I want to play Crysis on this laptop and so I am looking for video cards tht are better than an 8600 card.Any suggestions?

madmonkey said:
Thx for the input guys,but shd I increase the budget since I want to play Crysis on this laptop and so I am looking for video cards tht are better than an 8600 card.Any suggestions?

in India.. forget it man... the 8600 is as good as you'll get. I suggest you seriously consider Alienware if your on a decent enough budget and get someone to get it in for you from the US. I myself and a friend of mine are thinking of getting 1 each.

If you have folks there and the budget to match... its a very good bang for the buck... and there are new models sched to be released in Jan as well with even jucier options on the gfx cards.

Back