laptop for hd movie under 25k

lastly, if anyone is slightly misinformed or missed a point that should have been taken into account.. we are all members of a forum who wont mind being corrected.. that is what makes this community a pleasant place to be .. this is how we get to learn.. no one has an intention of giving wrong advice... you need not request mods to PREVENT such matter.. .. even you may not be fully correct.. but you are speaking from your knowledge.. maybe someone with more advanced knowledge will come along, correct you and then request the mods to prevent such advice to be given.. does that mean you wanted to give wrong advice??? no. .you had the best intentions. .but if theres something more to learn, or to take care of in a more detailed manner, we more than welcome advice and corrections...

all right dude???

Sorry dude, did not mean to offend you. Its just that i hoped Mr Rajya Vardhan should not reject that model because of imprecise information. Everyone makes mistakes and im not even saying im very knowledgeable about this. I am much less informed than most people here. Just that i didnt want him to buy something on that information. Peace
<

So if these two model are almost equivalent in terms of speed(from regular usage perspective), then i would be paying 4k extra just for HDMI option?

I don't even own a HD TV. And if i own it at some point, then i would prefer transferring movie to a USB and then plug it to TV.

Considering HDMI is not required, Dual Core B950 model is a safe bet?

Thanks guys!!

So if these two model are almost equivalent in terms of speed(from regular usage perspective), then i would be paying 4k extra just for HDMI option?

I don't even own a HD TV. And if i own it at some point, then i would prefer transferring movie to a USB and then plug it to TV.

Thanks guys!!

Dude, will keep it short and simple.

Go for a I3 2nd generation processor... the pentium B950 though based on the same SB architecture will not give you similar performance as an I3 2nd gen... Several key features like clear HD technology etc are not present in pentium procs and the graphics on pentium is not HD3000 actually...go to intel site and see the differences if interested...I don't think 3-4K will matter in the long run. So get a core I3 2nd gen.Also, get a lappy with HDMi. Now-a-days HDMI is must have . HDTVs, digicams everything is coming with HDMI connectivity. So, think twice before you compromise on that.

its not just the HDMI port..you have the second generation core i3 processor, and a better onboard graphics adapter.. .. and, one thing about which i am not sure. the model which i recommended, it specifically mentions SATA in HDD. whereas the 20K one does not.. now , i am not sure, but theres a very good probability that this means the 20K does not have HDD on the SATA interface which will mean lower read-write speeds and consequently lower transfer speeds to other devices too..

#[member='guptavis'] . peace dude.. no issues. .i too am sorry to get aggressive..

i3 will have a little better performance. depends on what you need and how much 4k matters.

No problem with the HDD. It will be SATA. There has been no use of PATA (IDE) drives for a long time. Its probably not mentioned because everyone knows it will be SATA.

Hey guys, i did some research and found that AMD CPU is also comparable to Intel (Well i was still under the impression that AMD radiates heat like Sun)

Checked out some AMD lappi and found that they were cooler than even i3 lappis.

So now i am confused between :-(

http://www.flipkart....ce-37e2505b5592

http://www.flipkart....f7-00eddbe59188

and even this one:

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-rv-series-rv513-a02in-laptop/p/itmd69zeefpwn2z3?pid=COMD69ZECSJYRBHV&_l=oT1z3QtW5jyAgTYyMl11Aw--&_r=Z6KOKTxWMMK9aemsYJX3AQ--&ref=0caa343c-1e68-4290-acbc-aae2ddbe1aba

No games, only movies and browsing.

well.. you should have mentioned earlier.. i didnt talk about amd because most of the people are against it.. i personally own an amd hp laptop and its been working absolutely fine for the past 2 yrs now..

but the clock speed of the amd's you've mentioned above is quite low.. i personally wouldnt recomment anything below 2 ghz. although one significant factor in the Asus model would be the dedicated graphics processor that you get..its an excellent graphics card.. i have the HD 4650 M and even that works quite well.. . dont even consider the samsung.. first, the amd processor is just 1.6 ghz and to cover that up it doesnt even have a dedicated graphics adapter..

plus, i personally would never buy a samsung.. never tested any of them.. but i have a strong mental block against it.. for me, no samsung phones and laptops, no LG phones and laptops.. for laptops i would go for HP, ASUS, Acer..

well.. you should have mentioned earlier.. i didnt talk about amd because most of the people are against it.. i personally own an amd hp laptop and its been working absolutely fine for the past 2 yrs now.. but the clock speed of the amd's you've mentioned above is quite low.. i personally wouldnt recomment anything below 2 ghz. although one significant factor in the Asus model would be the dedicated graphics processor that you get..its an excellent graphics card.. i have the HD 4650 M and even that works quite well.. . dont even consider the samsung.. first, the amd processor is just 1.6 ghz and to cover that up it doesnt even have a dedicated graphics adapter.. plus, i personally would never buy a samsung.. never tested any of them.. but i have a strong mental block against it.. for me, no samsung phones and laptops, no LG phones and laptops.. for laptops i would go for HP, ASUS, Acer..

Din't talk about AMD as i had reservations against it. Yesterday i visited Croma and saw some AMD lappi, i was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for your response. Plz correct me if i am wrong, i guess clock speed alone is not a good measure of the processor's efficiency. It's a quad core processor so the clock speed won't be very high. Similarly in i7, clock speed is 1.6GHz then it doesn't mean that it is better than i5 2.xGHz right?

i7 - http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-series-dv6-3050tx-laptop/p/itmczcrzhg6puhzf?pid=COMCV7NPFAREYZ37&amp;_l=oT1z3QtW5jyAgTYyMl11Aw--&amp;_r=Z6KOKTxWMMK9aemsYJX3AQ--&amp;ref=bbd777b0-ce54-48e3-8492-e43ab25e66ec

Please let me know if i am missing anything. I am not very well-versed with hardware knowledge.

What an epic thread jack!

what does that mean??? (sorry . not too familiar with such forum lang.)

my advice is, dont get carried away by i5 or i7.. . and no. i dont know about others, but i will personally prefer the i5 with 2 ghz frequency rather than i7 with 1.6 ghz..

you can buy amd all right but look for something in the 2.1 to 2.2 ghz range..

I have used AMD c-50 laptop personally didn't find any problem . i can open 30tabs + music + lot of folders without any lag as well as play HD movie but didn't tried games last not least with 5hours of battery life in 15" laptop is awesome

I personally own the x53ta model from Asus. It's a very good device for gaming as well as for watching movies. It's got a very good GPU. It generates same amount of heat as Intel proccys. I've thrown in an additional 2 GB of RAM and it's very good after that (Windows 7 64 bit shuts down in 5 seconds
clapping.gif
). I've played Modern Warfare 1,2 and 3, Crysis, NFS in full settings and no lag whatsoever. It's got USB 3.0, HDMI and 500 GB of 5400 RPM Seagate HDD.

The only Cons are: Average looks, Average screen, poor touchpad buttons and poorly designed Keyboard.

Back