Budget 31-40k Laptop for nephew studying diploma Engg.

Vagabond

Adept
Hello Everyone,

need help in deciding buying a laptop for nephew who is second year diploma engineering student.

Background - He will be using it basically for AutoCAD, ProE, as curriculum part (20%) and gaming(60%) , rest music and movies. This laptop should serve his needs till he completes his graduation (6 years)from here.I thought about building PC in this budget but service will be concern as he stays in solapur and I stay in pune ( i will be the gate way for all the service related things), lets call him newbie in this.

· What's your Budget?

· What will be your primary usage for the laptop be?
- gaming, cad, general

· What size and weight considerations do you have?
- none

· Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
- dell,hp, asus, lenovo (not sure provides support in cities like solapur)

· Any other considerations?
- 15.6”, dedicated graphics, minimum 500 gb hdd, and the general things

- Will prefer to buy locally in pune, if no option then ready for online purchase
- seen some laptops on ebay brought from Thailand, not sure about the warranty and all..

Please suggest.

As far as your usage is concerned plus considering future proofing, an i5 + 7670M combo is at least you should aim at. And HP G6-2202TX fits apt.

Another option is A10 + 7660G/7670M combo, if you're aiming more towards gaming. Processing power wise, A10 is a bit below than i5. Check HP G6-2313A. You get more RAM (6GB) and more space (1TB) in this model. But since asymmetric crossfire drivers are still not mature enough, therefore, you might be needing a bit of tweaking to get maximum throughput, which also will improve eventually with upcoming drivers.

There was a older 3 series Samsung laptop for 40K from flipkart. The specs were good - i7 2nd gen quad with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd and nvidia 520MX with optimus. Try to see if thats available.

There was a older 3 series Samsung laptop for 40K from flipkart. The specs were good - i7 2nd gen quad with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd and nvidia 520MX with optimus. Try to see if thats available.

Link already posted in above posts :p

Plus, 520 mx is a too weak card. So chuck it.

hows

Dell Inspiron 15R N5520, Intel Core i5-3210 3rd Gen, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel HD4000, Waves MaxxAudio 3

@40k something on ebay with seller warranty...

@JuGGa going for g6 2313ax...
Want to know about,
-Flipkart divers time in pune
- win 7 driver availability. Hl shows only win 8
-Anyone owns it here?

Last edited by a moderator:
JuGGa going for g6 2313ax...
Want to know about,
-Flipkart delivery time in pune
-Anyone owns it here?

@JuGGa going for g6 2313ax...
Want to know about,
-Flipkart divers time in pune
-Anyone owns it here?

It's good go ahead. Flipkart should deliver it in one week max. Getting drivers for 7 shouldn't be a problem, for 8, it may be. Btw Hl = ?

@JuGGa sorry I typed from mobile so made mistakes.
What I meant to say is HP website shows only win8 drivers for this model,guide me for win7 drivers.

I looked for same model in local market (Pune) looks like only flipkart has it, 7 days seems more (don`t know how many it will be for COD).
Also you said need some "tweaking" in this model, can you explain in detail?
Thanks for help.

Anyone using this model ??

@JuGGa sorry I typed from mobile so made mistakes.
What I meant to say is HP website shows only win8 drivers for this model,guide me for win7 drivers.

Yeah, even I got to know just now about the unavailability if drivers for win 7 of this specific model. Graphics, sound,will work, but network drivers may have issue.

Also you said need some "tweaking" in this model, can you explain in detail?

It was targeted towards dual graphics which the CPU boasts of; 7660G+7670M. There aren't mature enough drivers to get the performance to top. It often requires some settings here and there, which is dependent on game, power source, et al. Don't worry, it will fine. Mail HP about the availability of drivers.

Thanks @JuGGa

So you mean after buying if I mail HP and ask for drivers ??

Today I contacted HP dealer he said this model is only available on flipkart, don`t know why?
Will there be any difference any service ? I guess there shouldn't `t be but still asking)

Btw, can I search for drivers part wise, I will install only win7 thats for sure so better start collecting the drivers. A little more help is requested.

pavan

First mail HP, then buy.

You will face no issue in warranty even the model is FK specific.

As I said, "part wise" drivers may work, and even may not.

Back