Budget 71-90K Laptop for work

I went to see all the laptops today and I really like the lg gram. What are the views about the same??

Where was the Gram available for demo, store name?

Regarding Gram launch month: LG has been launching Gram lineup in India around August-September since last two years. Maybe they will launch it earlier this year, who knows. The new Gram 16 looks nice, I watched the korean launch event and described all the improvements here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/lg-gram-2021-announced-14-16-and-17.834881/

They removed the free RAM slot!! Why?? Why everyone must copy the worst from Apple?
First XPS ( for no reason they removed the ports) now LG removes the RAM slot.

Where was the Gram available for demo, store name?

Regarding Gram launch month: LG has been launching Gram lineup in India around August-September since last two years. Maybe they will launch it earlier this year, who knows. The new Gram 16 looks nice, I watched the korean launch event and described all the improvements here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/lg-gram-2021-announced-14-16-and-17.834881/

I saw it at Croma Rajouri Garden. It just made me realise how important form factor is in laptops because I am getting the same specs in an hp laptop which is 20k cheaper.

I saw it at Croma Rajouri Garden. It just made me realise how important form factor is in laptops because I am getting the same specs in an hp laptop which is 20k cheaper.

The 2019 Gram 14 with 8th gen intel has nearly the same performance as 2020 Gram 14 with 10th gen intel according to notebookcheck review. It is more than enough for your office work and it is available at a fantastic price of 53k on Flipkart, this is the lowest price i have seen this model go, so grab it before it shoots up again.

There is no logic in waiting months and then spending 75k for the new version when your office work requirements are easily handled by the cheaper 53k version. You are getting a premium laptop with 3 years warranty at 53k.

The 2019 Gram 14 with 8th gen intel has nearly the same performance as 2020 Gram 14 with 10th gen intel according to notebookcheck review. It is more than enough for your office work and it is available at a fantastic price of 53k on Flipkart, this is the lowest price i have seen this model go, so grab it before it shoots up again.

There is no logic in waiting months and then spending 75k for the new version when your office work requirements are easily handled by the cheaper 53k version. You are getting a premium laptop with 3 years warranty at 53k.
Doesn't make sense to go for the 2021 model with the soldered RAM and considering the use case, Intel's minimal generational upgrades are definitely not worth it for the most part, except for AutoCAD that is quite intensive.

The prominent issues are the chassis flexing, poor keyboard, glossy display and battery life that is much less than what is marketed. If you can live with it for the benefit of size and weight, then go for it.

Which hp laptop?
This one:

What you are saying makes sense. Is there any difference in performance in the two apart from the processor??

Doesn't make sense to go for the 2021 model with the soldered RAM and considering the use case, Intel's minimal generational upgrades are definitely not worth it for the most part, except for AutoCAD that is quite intensive.

The prominent issues are the chassis flexing, poor keyboard, glossy display and battery life that is much less than what is marketed. If you can live with it for the benefit of size and weight, then go for it.

I was quite okay with the keyboard and display. What is the issue with the chassis and is it covered under warranty??

This one:

What you are saying makes sense. Is there any difference in performance in the two apart from the processor??

I was quite okay with the keyboard and display. What is the issue with the chassis and is it covered under warranty??

The two models are not much different, that is why it makes sense to get it for 53k ASAP now when it is available instead of regretting if the price goes up or if it goes out of stock. It is the lowest price i have seen for this model. This thing was 60k just 10 days back, hope you are able to get it at this price unlike people like me who lost out on LG Gram 17 70k deal and now it is selling for 1 Lakh.

The flexible chassis he is saying is not a defect, it is by design to make it ultra light weight while at the same time meeting MIL-STD-810G, the Military standard for toughness.

Just bought the 10th Generation 15 inches gram for 73k at Croma. Screen size was perfect and fits my bag well. I also had store credit of 15k which I would have spent pointlessly so over all a good deal. Thanks a lot for the help everyone!

Absolutely, the flex is not really a weakness. I packed by boots over it.. survived without a scratch..broke both MBP/ MBA by this stupidity in a hurry.
Just bought the 10th Generation 15 inches gram for 73k at Croma. Screen size was perfect and fits my bag well. I also had store credit of 15k which I would have spent pointlessly so over all a good deal. Thanks a lot for the help everyone!
Congratulations!! You will love it.

Last edited:

Congrats, Another plus point of LG Gram series is that the battery is of good quality manufactured by LG Chem division of LG unlike the shitty battery used by Dell in the new XPS series which starts going bad and swelling dangerously after a couple of years.

Absolutely, the flex is not really a weakness. I packed by boots over it.. survived without a scratch..broke both MBP/ MBA by this stupidity in a hurry.

This sounds interesting, boots plus three laptops together and only one laptop survived? post the entire story so we get to know how robust are these laptops.

Not all of them together... already broke the MacBooks couple of years back.
I make this mistake everytime while packing quickly, throw the laptop in the compartment, put the boots in a plastic wrap on it, along with few clothes. So when the bag is in horizontal position, the weight of the boots fall on the laptops directly...
MacBooks are not not robust at all, they get dings on the body all the time and develop ugly dents, but only few scratches.
Gram scratches very easily, but no dent or broken screen...

Last edited:
Well I don’t really know if you can get any Thinkpad in your budget but they imo are really good work laptops but are very costly and commands a good premium over other consumer laptops. A really solid alternative to MacBook for those who want the best.

Edit: I was talking about X1 Carbon line exclusively here.

Yes, the X1 series is very expensive. But the normal X and T series ones are also VERY tough.
They are not exactly comparable to Apple laptops ( very nice but EXTREMELY FRAGILE machines)

Well I don’t really know if you can get any Thinkpad in your budget but they imo are really good work laptops but are very costly and commands a good premium over other consumer laptops. A really solid alternative to MacBook for those who want the best.

Edit: I was talking about X1 Carbon line exclusively here.
Yes I saw ThinkPads X1 but Gram just fit well with my requirements. Budget wasn't a concern as such but X1 just felt like overkill for a laptop which would primarily be used for Excel and Word.

Back