Laptops Laptop Input Devices Freezes

hrishi

Disciple
Oct 24, 2010
South Delhi
Hi TE members,

I bought HP DM1 couple of months ago with windows 7 os instaled with it.

I don't use it for more than 10-15 mins a week, Since I spend more time on my PC.

However from past few weeks , I am facing issue in the netbook when I went using it for more than 40-45 minutes continously.

Most often , infact almost everytime I use it for more than 40-45 mins , the Keyboard and touchpad stops functioning at all.

External mouse,keyboard,joystick don't put in any issues , they work fine.

Facing this issue on both Windows 7 and Widows Xp. I have tried remote desktop connection when the keyboard and touchpad freezes ,and it works well.
The only way to revive back the keyboard and touchpad in working mode is to press the sleep(power) button , which sends in it sleep state ,... and once It resumes from sleep even within few seconds...everything works fine....but then after couple of minutes..sometimes seconds..it freezes again............

I always place the laptop on desk while using , to avoid blockage of air vents.......is there anything that can be done in order to resolve the issue ????? Is it becuase of heat-up issues ?? or due to its low specced , bottle-necked APU??.

A help would be highly appreciated as I need to get this device working asap.

Thanks.

Hrishi

Adding to the situation , I am facing the BSOD in Windows 7 whenever I connect my Nokia N95 to it using Data-cable to use Interent.The blue screen of death comes everytime ,within few seconds of connectivity in Windows 7 but it works fine in XP.

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
is the nokia software compatible with windows 7?

most probably the keyboard and touch pad stop functioning die to some power management inside the computer. try disabling power management inside it completely and update results here.

where do you think is the apu bottle necked? e450 is an awesome chip for the performance it gives per watt.

hrishi

Disciple
Oct 24, 2010
South Delhi
ummmm..Can't say whether its compatible or not..though I use a stable version of Nokia Pc Suite with Windows Seven Ultimate. It was working fine untill now.

Well , If it was related with power management , then the trouble should have vanished when using the Charger...since its being powered by external source.It happens with 80-85% battery as well.

Although I will try your suggestion tommorow ,

e450 is an awesome chip for the performance it gives per watt."
.. its probably a battery saver APU , at 18W TDP One can't get too much juice out of it , still its a entry level processor.so I dont want to have too much expectation from it , anyways.

hrishi

Disciple
Oct 24, 2010
South Delhi
Well , I had this product covered under on-site warranty so after a brief discussion with the costumer care (HP) , their technician came to my house and tried to fix it.

Well ....It ,DIdn't worked at all.
<

He tried all the troubleshooting procedures but all of them proved useless.

Seems HP has no idea whats causing this,so finally they have ordered for a new MoBo.

I was just wondering if its good to get system board replaced , or is there any way I can ask them for an entire new replacement..????

puneetritehere

Racer911
Adept
one more thing you can try... in the device manager, when you open the properties, for some hardware like webcams, network cardss etc.. theres an option that says allow this device to be turned off to save power.. if these options are available for your touchpad and keyboard and checked, then uncheck them, and then see if the problem persists..

and lastly, you most probably must be having a synaptics touchpad on your HP computer, try updating the drivers for it.. although, this is just a desperate option to try anything when nothing works.. drivers even though old, should not be causing such issues.. .

and i forgot. . even open your bios settings, and see if theres similar options available to turn off certain devices in order to save power.. disable that too if its present...

and after doing all of that, in windows 7 try changing your power scheme to high performance instead of the default HP recommended or balanced and check if the problem persists..

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
he must have got a new mobo for his laptop by now. This is one of the problems with HP laptops. if they work, they work quite well. if any problem arises, even their engineers dont have a fix for it other than replacing the whole mobo.

hrishi

Disciple
Oct 24, 2010
South Delhi
he must have got a new mobo for his laptop by now. This is one of the problems with HP laptops. if they work, they work quite well. if any problem arises, even their engineers dont have a fix for it other than replacing the whole mobo.

I tried almost every possible measure , including the device manager , driver update , OS installation(WIn7,Win8,XP SP3 , Ubuntu 10), BIOS update, etc. but failed to identify the cause and resolve it.

Yes, it has been replaced by HP support team , since they were not able to identify the absolute cause for it -SO they paid for it
<

And the new MoBo is working very smoothly and giving consistently good performance.

There must have been some problems with the E450 APU , even the technician was pretty sure about it when he changed it.

Thanks for your replies and opinions. The issue has been successfully resolved.
<

Rishi.