Laptop Needed : Budget 20-25K - Short on time

Hello Guys,

I was on the lookout for a new laptop. Having a budget of max. 25K. Has to have a good battery life.

Preferred :

Core i3, HDMI, USB 3.0 .. Reliable and safe After sales including spare parts purchase.

This one really catched my attention : Fujitsu AH532. Unsure about the servicing and spares procurement. Although fujitsu is a really good brand.
@DarkAngel, ur suggestions are highly valued in terms of hardware.

Thanks,
BBThumbHealer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@bthumbhealer if the requirement of a Core i3 is not strict you can check out the following notebooks with an AMD APU inside -- Laptops - Buy Laptops Online at Best Prices in India - Computers | Flipkart.com

Your brand umbrella is widened (don't know how effective Fujitsu is in India) and the iGP on offer is far superior. Battery life is at par OR superior to Intel offerings as well.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

Thanks for the input Alpha.

Had gone through the offerings of APU Quad A6 even before u mentioned it. The systems having it are extremely bang for buck with far more superior specs in contrast to the Intel counterparts and moreover at a cheaper price.
But i'm only apprehensive of the fact that AMD tends to get overheated a lot more than the Intel and the comments on notebookreview.com for its performance aren't much positive. Although, a first hand experience from a member regarding this would prove far more beneficial.

Pls correct if i'm wrong at some point or the other.

Thanks for the input Alpha.

Had gone through the offerings of APU Quad A6 even before u mentioned it. The systems having it are extremely bang for buck with far more superior specs in contrast to the Intel counterparts and moreover at a cheaper price.
But i'm only apprehensive of the fact that AMD tends to get overheated a lot more than the Intel and the comments on notebookreview.com for its performance aren't much positive. Although, a first hand experience from a member regarding this would prove far more beneficial.

Well I don't know about heating up but the barometer for AMD is that it performs at par with Intel in day-to-day tasks and have a better iGP. Battery life is considered to be at par OR better than Intel configurations.

Let other members to add in their views. Cheers!

@ALPHA17, @DarkAngel : How about the Acer Aspire 5560G ? Retailing about 25K mark. Rest all is fine incl. performance but want to know about the heating levels. Not much into gaming though. Just casual surfing and applications+movies.

Also, which proccy in AMD stable is equivalent to PDC (2nd Gen.) B950-960-970.

@ALPHA17, [MENTION=25187]Also, which proccy in AMD stable is equivalent to PDC (2nd Gen.) B950-960-970.

Don't compare such old notebook chipsets, AMD looses heavily in performance as well as battery life against Intel.

If interested in AMD, go for the APU based solutions. They are much more efficient and perform at par with their Intel competition.

even i also wanted and i3 within 25 k and could not find a single i3 laptop selling below 30k in market, i bought Lenovo B490 with PDC B960 processpr and its good

just my two cents, but I prefer ASUS for laptops :

1) It is the only brand that design and manufactures it's own laptops, along with MSI.
2) It has the best durability, I think won an award in 2009 or something for Least RMA'ed laptops.

The following is the one i suggest & fulfills all your requirements :
Asus X54C-SX454D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) -- 27k

T.E. Opinions -> Google Reviews -> Think -> Decide -> Buy

Hope you get the best

Don't compare such old notebook chipsets, AMD looses heavily in performance as well as battery life against Intel.

If interested in AMD, go for the APU based solutions. They are much more efficient and perform at par with their Intel competition.

The Acer Aspire 5560G which i mentioned has got AMD APU Quad A6 @1.5GHz with turbo-boost to 2.3GHz. Inquired about the PDC's equivalent for the sake of knowledge. But yes, thanks for the insight will remain away from the lower end AMD then.

just my two cents, but I prefer ASUS for laptops :

1) It is the only brand that design and manufactures it's own laptops, along with MSI.
2) It has the best durability, I think won an award in 2009 or something for Least RMA'ed laptops.

The following is the one i suggest & fulfills all your requirements :
Asus X54C-SX454D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) -- 27k

T.E. Opinions -> Google Reviews -> Think -> Decide -> Buy

Hope you get the best

Even i like Asus laptops but and also had a look at this lappy before. But there are 2 -ives about this laptop which got me to discard it - 1. Single RAM slot. 2. 4-cell battery :(

So for now the game has boiled to final two contenders from my end :

1.Acer Aspire 5560G @ ~25K

2. Samsung NP300E5X @ ~27K (-ive No USB 3.0, +ive : 1+1 yr warranty i3 2370)

Comments about Samsung laptops would be well appreciated. :)

The build quality and the display seems to be average. But the h/w specs are great for the price on offer. Not sure about about the service. If the service is pretty decent this would make a pretty good buy @ 24.5k
Review Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
One of my friend narrowed to this model, and found Services is excellent in metros. And this comes with ONSITE Now.
He is unable to decide the following;
+ve
1. Fujitsu is offering 3 years extended warranty[approx less than 5K]
2. This laptop comes with HM76 chipset.
3. USB3 + Charging
4. 14" model is only 2 kgs

-Ve
1. Only i5 comes with HD4000 GPU which is in the range 34K
2. i3 is of 2nd Gen not 3rd Gen

Then he found Lenovo B480
http://www.techenclave.com/laptop-buying-advice/thinkpad-user-142223/
the above has two advantage which is not confirmed i.e., HDD is 7500 RPM and HD4000 GPU

Waiting for your remarks........

One of my friend wanted to purchase a laptop within the same price range, so after reading here for fujitsu, checked out personally and ordered for him

One of my friend narrowed to this model, and found Services is excellent in metros.

which city does he lives in ? I live in the Delhi-NCR region and couldn't locate a service center nearby mentioned on the company's website. Maybe you could list one for me after asking the marketing manager. And also what's the exact cost of EW ? is it 1+3 yrs or 1+2yrs ?

Apologies for the delayed reply. If the fujitsu has decent service then I would advice you stick to it since the specs are pretty good for the price. Best VFM in the sub 25k budget if we go by the specs and the decent build.

If you want better build and a more mainstream name then the Lenovo G580 for ~23.5k with a PDC B950/B960. There is not much of a difference between the 2nd gen PDC and the 2nd gen i3. This has a better build, KB and comes with 2 USB 3.0 ports.

The build quality of Fujitsu is top notch (it's made in Germany instead of all this chinese crap), ordered 1 for a friend and still with me, if you want I can post some pics.

I am also considering buying a sub 25k laptop with 15.6'' screen for running linux and programming tasks with some surfing, youtube & videos. No gaming.
I shortlisted 2 models:
1. Fujitsu AH5332 (+ve: i3, 4gb, usb 3.0)
2. Acer Gateway NE56R (+ve: 1+1 warranty, 128mb gfx, hd webcam, better build, brighter display (200nits), long battery life)

comparison link: Acer Gateway NE56R Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 128MB Graph) vs Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ No OS): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

If I put 1k more in Gateway, I can bump up the ram to 6gb & still save 3k. If the difference between 2nd gen. i3 & PDC processor is not much.
Does it make sense to buy Gateway?

PS: Couldn't find any good reviews on Gateway model.

Any advice guys? Thanks.

@MrHunt -> The user reviews in flipkart doesn't seem great. I would suggest the G580 for ~23k + a 4GB RAM. Will get you a better KB + build and also 2 USB 3.0 ports.

Back