Laptop recommendations~ Budget Max 70 K

• What's your Budget? Max 70 K
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? PowerPoint, photo-editing, gaming etc.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? minimum 15 inch screen
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Don't want dell but open to very good recommendation and open to any brand
  • Any other considerations? good gaming capabilities, full-Hd screen ( not a deal breaker but good to have), HD webcam, back-lit keyboard, great after sales support etc. My main goal is no not to upgrade for the next 2-3 years

I short listed http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpccb48fn - Sony

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-7010tx-laptop-3rd-gen-i7-6gb-640gb-2gb-graphics-win-7-beats-audio-sennheiser-headphone/p/itmd8cejzmc4gzrh?pid=COMD8CEGZYQHSVHX&_l=eph9XOVkNE+UbP2kwKaKeA--&_r=Irs_b7zfXWnuuEOD_PbUOw--&ref=18ba536c-a6fe-43be-b4bb-95f4adc5f30d - HP

i also like this http://www.flipkart.com/asus-k-series-k73sv-ty455d-laptop/p/itmd4z2ej4mmnv8y?pid=COMD4Z2EFSHWWTTM&_l=pH_5QZ2WcoVa60_JUFCM4A--&_r=CAZJfbMXrQZLxXaqxgsJrA--&ref=64a0a8e8-f7ee-4150-a7a9-08523ab5b57b - Asus but not very sure of its quality, support and non hd webcam, is a non HD webcan decent??

This is my first laptop and i am a very clumsy user
gap.gif
so would like a machine which is sturdy and good after sales support for easy replacement/ warranty , i would be taking 2 years complete protectio
n

Thank You

HP Pavilion DV6-7010TX would be an ideal choice IMO, with it's 3rd Gen Core i7 + GT630M for gaming in your budget, from which you have selected. I am not sure which other lappy has introduced 3rd gen core i7 in lappy.

GT630M is quite superior then GT520M and ATI mobility 6630. So go with DV6, it's all round performer. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html

It's clocked at 672MHz which will provide enough power to game on lappys with Med (all games) Med-high (some games) settings.

Only downer is 5400rpm HDD, but later on after gathering some monies, you can upgrade to good SSD for 12-14K.

#[member='logicmyfoot']

Add Asus N55SL in your options also. Way better than every laptop you mentioned here. The config will blow you off. The only problem is keyboard. People complain of bad keyboard. (also non-backlit). If you can live with that, this is the best bet.)

Also, since you're gonna do visual work, I Seriously suggest you to go with 1080p display which again closes to 2 options: Sony CB48 (you already mentioned it) & Asus N55SL. The difference being, Sony has backlit keyboard (very good keyboard as I own it) & a bit better display than Asus N55SL; while the latter gives you GT635M (renamed 555M) which is way better than 6630M, plus bluray drive. But a good procy will be more beneficial to you than a high end GPU. I believe that 6630M should suffice. Also the difference b/w 630M (renamed 540M) & 6630M is not more than 20-25%. SO, I'd suggest you to go with Sony CB48.

yes 3rd gen ivy bridge cpu is an advantage but the Sony is clocked at 2.8 ghz that's outta count compensate i think. Also do HP and Sony offer complete cover like dell?

yes i also looked at it called the exclusive store here in delhi and was informed it had been discontinued :-(.... open to any online store which as it as well

Also do HP and Sony offer complete cover like dell?

HP does, but not Sony. Although extended warranty is very cheap @ 2.5k for 2 yrs.

yes i also looked at it called the exclusive store here in delhi and was informed it had been discontinued :-(.... open to any online store which as it as well

Here are the online site links where Vaio CB48 is available sire - Golchha IT( Bangalore) & rightgadgets.in. But first contact them via call to know the current availability status.

hey checked your cb35 review, good job. 1 question though does this cb48 has the same switchable graphics problem like cb45 or it has been rectified like your via a bios update

hey checked your cb35 review, good job. 1 question though does this cb48 has the same switchable graphics problem like cb45 or it has been rectified like your via a bios update

Glad you liked it
<

Yes CB48 has same switchable graphics but where did you heard/read about switching issue? I never faced it. There was a problem in the original model CB15 which was then rectified via BIOS update in CB35.

Hey, if you can lower your screen size requirements slightly (to a 14 incher) then do check out the VAIO E series 14P http://www.sony.co.i...

I
t offers a 3rd gen i7-3612 proc, a radeon 7670 (switchable with HD graphics 4000), backlit keyboard, HD webcam, a 1600x900 HD+ screen and a rather tasteful design ( much better than the hefty CB48 IMO). Plus they're marketing it as a premium offering so you get a bluetooth mouse and keyboard skin bundled with it. It claims to have loads of audio enhancements so hopefully its sound quality should be better than the normal E series (I own one, and the speakers are next to useless.)

awesome purchase mate. Congo.

Mate, if you have BF3/skyrim installed, can you post some SS with 1366 X 768 res, 4XAA, any AF, texture details high. Also can you also post Fraps count if possible? A friend of mine wants to buy the same model. Just wanted to see how well does it perform in games.

No hurries mate, but will be much helpful if you can.

I feel its better to go for a laptop with a GTX graphics card than a laptop with a GT graphics card.

Am i right or wrong??

Pretty much right.

GTX: High end
GTS: Mid end
GT: Low mid
GS: Low

But it depends on generations also. Some had ultra (last was 8800 ultra supposedly), G, or nothing at all.

Msi Gaming Series GT780DX (GT780DXR) Price - Buy Msi Gaming Series GT780DX (GT780DXR) Price in India, Best Prices n Review

hows this laptop ?? why no one is recommending it (me a complete noob in laptop)

suggesting cause i have to buy a laptop in about 70k range in next few weeks

Frankly, this laptop is too good that it makes me feel something fishy. I have not seen such a config in my life ever in such low price. i7 + 570M + (SSD+HDD) + FHD + 8GB RAM + blue ray drive @ 58k :S ! Are you joking !!

PS: Never saw someone buying something from naaptol.com

i got the pricing on various forums too .. its the same .. on smc website .. pricing for MSI GE620DX is approx equal to the pricing of naaptol .. and keeping in mind naaptol is situated in thane .. if one personally buys from their shop i dont think its a problemm ... are there any sites/shops from where we can get this laptop ?? hopefully[h=1]@SMC-International[/h]can add to their armoury !!!

@ISHROCZ_14

The quote for MSI 620DX is correct but its discontinued long ago. For the former model you mentioned, just do a search on ebay and you will come to know about its actual pricing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome purchase mate. Congo.

Mate, if you have BF3/skyrim installed, can you post some SS with 1366 X 768 res, 4XAA, any AF, texture details high. Also can you also post Fraps count if possible? A friend of mine wants to buy the same model. Just wanted to see how well does it perform in games.

No hurries mate, but will be much helpful if you can.

thanks bro....to be honest i have no pc games yet... will buy them next month as this month im broke:bleh:....what is fraps count , can it be done without any game?

Back