Laptops Laptop service?

mannuel

Disciple
Jan 22, 2012
Kerala,Thrisssur
parishlibrary.in
Hi friends

I would like to clarify some doubts regarding laptop warranty

I want to purchase laptop from abroad as they are cheap and provides global warranty

Does Indian service center respect the Global Warranty

Bcoz my friend bought lap from abroad but when he bring the laptop for service the people there told that this model not yet released in India so we can't provide warranty service

I think this is common in all brands and most mobile phones(paid repair also not willing)

If this is the case how can i buy something with global warranty if they say something like this how can i make them to do repair

like calling higher officials or file petition in consumer court

please help me

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
Acer, Dell and Msi offer international warranty,

but the issue u have to transfer the warrnty from another country to Indian by paying extra cash only at dell

and i have no clue about acer international warranty claim status let me try those service center

amd999

Adept
Nov 17, 2009
there were still huge issues with all makes on intl warranty in India (ITW) whether its Dell ,HP,Acer.Toshiba,Lenovo,Sony,MSI,Gigabyte,packard bell,gateway etc.Although the seller may claim that you can get ITW in India but later its really a tragedy.If you are a rgular (or your friends) is a regular traveller (aborad) then its OK else not recommended now .....

May 17, 2009
is there any way we can make them to respect the international warranty like filing case in consumer court and all.

I know it is not that practical

If you buy a Dell Laptop with Advanced cover what they call in USA and NBD warranty globally, the warranty is international, if its not either of these 2 , you dont have international warranty period!! As simple as that

Filing a consumer court will get you nowhere, as the machine that you buy is subject to the country of the machine purchase judiciary, say if you buy a laptop in USA, you will have to file a petition in USA not in india, Law systems change specific to country