Laptops with 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor family expected date

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
Hello guys, my brother needs to upgrade his old laptop and most important feature is that it should be future proof.

we are willing to spend a good price for that but it should be upto 1 lac.
and the screen size should be atleast 15" , we considered macbooks but its 15" version cost out of our budgut.

though he dont play games or 3d/editing work but he runs lots of browsers (simultaneously) and background apps like messengers. still he can't tolerate slight lag. only for that reason we are spending high amount.

we have read that new generation core processor family is released at CES, but wondering how long it could take to come in action.
we can wait till march-april if its really worth waiting.

And also the processor should be i7. nothing less than that, though it wont actually be used to its full potential. still he wants only core i7. because his last laptop had the crappiest processor possible so this time he wants best available processor.

we have SSDs and Extra RAM sticks so these specs doesnt matter much as we are going to replace it anyways. we might sell off the new laptop's hdd and ram on TE. if its not good.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Max.

Quad core's are out in the US already, and i think in india also (i've seen an ad for lenovo on tv). Dual cores are coming mid-end Feb

the lag is due to HDD and even core i3+4gb ram can handle 15-20 browsers windows,8-10 messengers easily.

as ur budget is high u should consider a core i7+4gb+ssd(SLC) with higher transfer rate

we have a intel SSD , we will see if we can get good slc ssd with it.. also core i7 lenovo we are thinking to buy. if it comes before march

Given the current scenario with the chipset problem, the entire laptop schedule might be thrown out of gear. Lets wait and watch

max_demon said:
I speak to dell guys and they said new XPS series will come next month, maybe i should wait for it.
Yeah saw it, XPS 8300 on Chip Mag, ad

SPECIFICATIONS:

- Core i5-2300

- Win7 Home Premium

- 6GB DDR3 RAM

- 1GB DDR3 nVidia GT420

- 18.5" Dell Widescreen Monitor

- 500GB SATA HDD

Price - Rs. 54,250

Good system, although I would have preferred 4GB RAM, 20" Monitor, and at least HD6850 GPU within 65k.

Back