Large Capacity HDD's (6TB-20TB)

Manufacturer recertified & seller recertified both? If yes then will they be priced same or different. Also, any option for 1-2 years warranty for extra 1-2k like with earlier 10TB drivves?
Yes both, both are priced fairly similarly. But on key difference is that a manufacturer recertified would be replaced with the same hdd whereas the seller recertified would be replaced with either same hdd or a similar hdd of same capacity.
Yes additional warranty can be purchased. Both for 1 year and 2 years price varies from 2k - 4k extra depending on capacity of the drive.

Currently i have this available if someone wants it

Comes with 1 year warranty.
IMG-20240113-WA0007.jpeg

@all please note the drive says Seagate Skyhawk but it might be a different drive altogether. I’ve been told it’s Hitachi drive… so wait for 24 hours while i take 1 home and test and get health info. Then we can decide!
Thanks to @gREen for pointing it out.

@all please note the drive says Seagate Skyhawk but it might be a different drive altogether. I’ve been told it’s Hitachi drive… so wait for 24 hours while i take 1 home and test and get health info. Then we can decide!
There are currently only 3 hdd manufacturers in the world, seaget, WD & Toshiba & as far as I know Hitachi was acquired by WD in 2012 & ceased to exist as an independent hdd brand since 2018.

I couldn't also find a datasheet for the drive. However there is one hit for this model on a Thai website.

Via serial number correct ?

Check with QR as well ?
Am I the only one seeing this or ?
View attachment 188139
it says 1,000GB i.e. 1TB it should be 10,000GB for 10TB

lol, guys wait till Monday late evening, I will clear your doubts. I currently don't have time as I have a couple of systems to get ready and dispatch them for tomorrow. Once I am free I will check the drive out and updated.

I took it out from the sealed package and saw that it was a rebranded/vendor-rectified drive, I think they do this for the following reasons
1.) Hitachi as a brand is no longer sold, so they possibly reprint labels to a different brand, obviously not done by my vendors, but by someone else they buy from, they therefore give warranty on these up to 2 years.
2.) Hard drives whose labels get damaged or torn out for whatever reasons, may also be rebranded.

After @gREen pointed it out, I asked my vendor, and he said it's not Seagate but a Hitachi drive, So I only took 1 for testing. I connected to a PC it shows up as an HGST HMH7210A0ALE600 which while searching online looks to be Hitachi UltraStar "Archive" Enterprise Drive, so don't go by the label I guess, I will share health and smart information by Monday evening/Tuesday early morning.

that might have been true in 2019. Its different now. See this reddit post where people are using 10+ TB drives in linux with btrfs.

Still seem a lot of hassle to make it work considering even basic linux skills already are considered a hassle by majority. There are 10TB non-HASMR drives & their availability is also quite good in general so in my honest opinion, compared to the 10TB seagate barracuda pro sold earlier here this HASMR drive deserves 10-20% discount as majority won't be able to use it here or elsewhere. I personally wouldn't buy such drive no matter the discount because I am not confident enough to make it work despite having some basic experience of running & installing linux but for those who do they can go ahead.

Back