Car & Bike Last Minute suggestions.. CBR250R

madnav

Skilled
Alright, have decided on CBR250R STD and anticipate to get it home coming diwali (for which, I would have to book asap as waiting period is 15days)

Current Price split up in Navi Mumbai (Pratik honda, Vashi)

Ex-Showroom Rs.146327/-

Insurance Rs.2039/-

Registration Navi Mumbai Rs.12674/-

On Road Price Rs.161040/-

Number Plate Front + Back Rs.500/-

Extended Warranty 3yrs Rs.1250/-

AMC 5yrs Rs.3300/-

Grant Total Rs.167290/-

I will most prolly chuck AMC if it doesnt mean Free service for 5yrs..

I will also chuck the front number plate :p

Also, honda shows a blue+red + white model on their site...the same is not available for purchase anywhere.. is this a limited edition model?

Need to know if there are any discounts and offers going around Mumbai for diwali on CBR250R. Passing would be done with Navi Mumbai RTO only.

Plus I would like to know if I should be reconsidering my decision and why. Any sorts of awareness posts would be very much welcome.

My current bike is HH Hunk which will be 4yrs old coming march.

Has done around 21000km and has not met any major accidents. I am intending to sell the same. What should be a good asking price for the same ?

ggt said:
Buy a ninja 350. :p

I do not like the honda 250.

P S i am not telling this on basis of performance but for pure looks.

can't afford anything above that mark..

my last resort is Tata Nano :lol:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

should have posted in GT i suppose :hmm:

^^ congos in advance. As you may already know the cbr250 is a scaled down version of the VFR 1200(have no idea why they labelled this one as a cbr). So this is a sports tourer and not an out right road scorcher.Nevertheless its its an awesome package for that price.
Honda VFR1200F - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are f@rts here and there about suzuki and yamaha introducing new 250cc class bikes but that seems a long shot.So as of now this seems as ur best bet.

Regarding the AMC of 5years, do read the fine print, You have to service the vehicke at all predefined time periods. Also after the free services are over, the gap between 2 services should not be more than 2 months or some 2500Kms.This is true in case of the dazzlers.Im sure such fine print also exists in ur case.
Coming to ur exising ride, a 2007 vintage hunk will fetch sumwhere around 30k depending on ur skills and the naivety of the buyer :D

Noooooooooooooooooo. Get the new R15. Trust me, you wont find the fun in riding a CBR as much as you do in an R15. Have test rode the CBR and the power output, on paper is good, but the way its applied just doesn't give you that Woaaaaaaaah effect. With R15, the way the power is applied is a joy till the every last second you are on the bike.

ultimabasher said:
Noooooooooooooooooo. Get the new R15. Trust me, you wont find the fun in riding a CBR as much as you do in an R15. Have test rode the CBR and the power output, on paper is good, but the way its applied just doesn't give you that Woaaaaaaaah effect. With R15, the way the power is applied is a joy till the every last second you are on the bike.

I do not prefer the riding position on r15

i am yet to test ride cbr, will do so 1st before buying.

I am considering cbr as a tourer, I really cant lean forward too much on the tank..I dont have a strong abdomen :p

moreover the pricing on r15 v2.0 does not justify the price for me.

my parents are anyways already telling me that I can buy 3bikes at the price of cbr !!

I would be riding this one for next 3-5years at least and I have to consider the riding position..or rather the ride comfort.

Performance wise im sure that neither will disappoint me..

lets see what the test ride reveals :p

@g80_gts

isn't 30k too low considering the low mileage done so far and current pricing.

It is the oldest model and not the fugly cheerleader edition :p

I think Honda CBR is a good choice asw of now you dont have any other bike in that segment apart from the Yamaha R15, but thats too old and common compare to the new CBR.

So you can go for CBR if you are into sports bike or else you can always go for the Royal Ride :D

The Hunk will fetch you around 30K as said by someone earlier... though solely depend on the buyer and seller.

went through Motorcycle Ergonomics

and forward lean seems higher on cbr250r than r15 for 5'6"

sadly they do not have hhHunk in database to compare with my current riding position which is very comfortable as well as sporting for me.

I prefer City bikes, easy on the pocket, doesn't not become a target for haters, spares easily available and cheap as compared to the SBK's, decent mileage.

Do not go the RE way.. the bike is too heavy and u have to kinda take care of the bike.. which seriously I do not prefer.

Honda Unicorn is the bike I have, 44K kms, 5.8 years. Yesterday the engine was submerged in water due to rains. Half button press and the bike sprang to life.. this is what I want from a bike.

djmykey said:
I prefer City bikes, easy on the pocket, doesn't not become a target for haters, spares easily available and cheap as compared to the SBK's, decent mileage.

Do not go the RE way.. the bike is too heavy and u have to kinda take care of the bike.. which seriously I do not prefer.

Honda Unicorn is the bike I have, 44K kms, 5.8 years. Yesterday the engine was submerged in water due to rains. Half button press and the bike sprang to life.. this is what I want from a bike.

you nead a boat :p

i already have a good 150cc bike which im getting bored of.

economy would not be great with 250cc but i am not paying much attention to that.

I may cover 40000km max in 5yrs and that is around 1600L petrol with 25kmpl... 320L per anum.. let us make it 365L with worse economy and higher usage..

1L per day in the worst case... Rs.100/- per Liter in the worst case :p

I guess that is affordable for me at present.

Service is at 6000 km due to synthetic oil.. currently i change oil at 6-8000km with motul 300V or Mobile1 fully synthetic oil on Hunk. have to service at regular intervals of 1200-1500 to maintain the tight and smooth feel which i like. costs 180-200 per service... so maintenance would be same if i change bike.

Anything else I shall be considering while switching bikes?

As for torque on R15 as members have mentioned..

From what I read about cbr at xbhp, tbhp, cbr250 org n net.. the torque on cbr250 seems to be all over the places... like.. just throttle no matter which gear you are in and your are through that gap kind of feeling.. no idea about torque at the higher end as have not come across reviews where it was stretched to the limits..

came across ninja Vs cbr250 review with a mention of r15. and it does seem inspiring to me.

When Ninja met its Winged Brother : Ninja versus CBR250R - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

C'mon, i need more views and perspectives to consider...i need to book it soon. i have off duty since yesterday due to health reasons..but I wish I could just go out n test ride... :/

It should be a good buy for your needs, though there were niggling issues reported in xbhp i think regarding early batches of CBR250R. Do check it out to see if the issues are gone with newer batches. Was Honda Under-prepared While Launching the CBR250R?

Another option would be to get a slightly used Ninja 250, if you're okay with used bikes. AFAIK, it's considered the ultimate starter bike across the world.

arun687 said:
It should be a good buy for your needs, though there were niggling issues reported in xbhp i think regarding early batches of CBR250R. Do check it out to see if the issues are gone with newer batches. Was Honda Under-prepared While Launching the CBR250R?

Another option would be to get a slightly used Ninja 250, if you're okay with used bikes. AFAIK, it's considered the ultimate starter bike across the world.
A good suggestion that - used Ninja but I don't think you can manage to get a good one for less than 2 lacs.

Navin, as we discussed, don't think the R15 is a good choice if you run regularly into stop and go traffic. And if you discount that, the next best option is the CBR. The CBR will not be as fun a ride as the R15 though - the R15 is a pure rev-machine :)

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

Dude, you sure about the waiting period of 15 days? :S

CBR is easier to ride in the city than the r15, IMHO ! rode

and Honda's stellar reliability is a plus point ( not that yamaha is not reliable,)

and in case you ride with pillion, I would prefer the cbr seat over r15( my a$$ still hurts)

but, nothing can convince you better than 2 reasonably long test rides!

Ride both the bikes for 10km , in different conditions and, you will have your mind made up by the end of the second ride!

Do not resort to second had info when it comes to automobiles! ( the heart wants, what the heart wants :) )

I am tourer, so I got CBR. If you need a commuter, go get a 100cc. If you need a track ride, get R15 V 1 as am not sure about V2. Not that CBR is not a good track bike, but R15 is just better at it. Overall, CBR is an aweome package, go for it buddy. No regrets till noe for me me except lack of spares!

Just returned from the showroom..

unfortunately they do not have any cbr for test drive.

all I could do is sit on the one that they had for display.

leaning is surely more than my current setup.

Things that I have reconsidered..

1. Cancellation of AMC ...

AMC is for 2nd yr with 5free services.... costs 3300.

Honda suggests service per 6000km... I wouldnt be crossing 10000km even in the best case...so I dont need more than 2services.. which is not more than 1200 for paid services. 3300 does npot Justify the cost for me.

2. Free Helmet.

The cost includes a free helmet from Honda worth 1200.. It did not look good, I will have a look once again. I would like to save those 1200 and spend on a meaner helmet :)

overall it will end up costing me 162790 n road.

thinking of booking tomorrow. I have taken the details of the nearest service center so that I can go can check out all 3 colours personally..

The display bike I tried was silver... not so happening.

My natural companion is Black but I would give the red a chance if it is closer to maroon... Mostly because the red in this case compliments with white and black already on other parts..

Hope to get this closed tomorrow itself :)

Vroom Vroom... :)

While signing booking details..

Me: I do not want the AMC and helmet.

SalesPerson: Sir, AMC is compulsory.

Me: But yesterday you said it is not.

SalesPerson: sir, check the quotation. I did not say.

Me: (While confirming with my brother that this is the same sales person). No, you did say that i can skip it.

SalesPerson: sir, maine galti se bola hoga.. but jo likha hai woh toh nahi badlega..

Me: I also confirmed the same with the manager, do you want me to recheck?

SalesPerson: Sir forget manager, you can talk to the owner directly.

Me: Can you show me agreements where it is mentioned that the AMC is compulsory? I would like it in written from you with managers sign that it is compulsory before I commit to pay.

SalesPerson: Sir, let me check with the manager.

(after 10mins of discussion between manager n sales)

Manager: Sir, This AMC is for your benefit.

Me: But is it compulsory? Why are you guys making me buy it with false reasoning? provide me necessary documents and I shall buy.

Manager: Sir, it is ok, we will not charge you for this. (Directing the sales to deduct 3300 for AMC)

Beware guys, do not fall for dealership tactics, they make false promises and promote such foul business when they think that the customer has no way out.

Ask for proof of their statements.

BTW, i did not threaten them to purchase from somewhere else...because I indeed try other places before and all the Honda Dealers suggest me to purchase from the one in my area.

+ the booking can be cancelled for free without any charges... so I am playing fine uptil I keep searching one where the bike is readily available for purchase :p

Let's hope I do :)

one of my uncles called..

says he can acquire the abs version for 1.8L (which is 10k cheaper than quote I got from Honda dealer)

He did not enquire much about the STD model..

But if im lucky, i shall get it for 1.5-1.53L :hap2:

and to top it all... would get any colour I want on the spot :D

awaiting for the sun to rise...damn, is this how a chic feels the day before getting married? :ashamed: : P

Back