Late night gaming and movie sessions just got a whole lot better! :D

@prakhar: Recliners seem to cost 20k and upwards but this was a Diwali offer. Drop a visit to the nearest Housefull showroom to find out if the offer is still valid. The link is here - House Full

@aercy: LOL! :p

Satan said:
You really need an upgrade. Let's start with a place that at least has a coat of paint from the last 5 years and with a shade that's not green! :S

And the flooring... let's not even go there. :hap5:

I honestly wouldn't worry much about the present home because it is someone else's property, the rent the two of us shell out is fairly cheaper compared to what the rest of them spends, the neighbourhood is very friendly and accommodating types and the landlord is a very humble and helpful guy who doesn't torture the tenants (I've come across a lot of horrors regarding this one!). One cannot have the best of all worlds you know! Pay a humble rent and stay in a semi-decent flat that gives you the space for all the stuff or shell out a really good amount for the rent and stay in a posh spacious fully furnished apartment with all the bells and whistles in the outskirts. No thank you, I (rather we) cannot afford something like that lest we get a serious pay hike (for the record it has not been 4 years since I've begun my career!). And a home is where the heart is, yeah? :p

But anyway, the two of us have been contemplating about shifting to a more spacious apartment sometime next year. Hopefully, a promotion at work is in the cards.

Gannu said:
I honestly wouldn't worry much about the present home because it is someone else's property, the rent the two of us shell out is fairly cheaper compared to what the rest of them spends, the neighbourhood is very friendly and accommodating types and the landlord is a very humble and helpful guy who doesn't torture the tenants (I've come across a lot of horrors regarding this one!). One cannot have the best of all worlds you know! Pay a humble rent and stay in a semi-decent flat that gives you the space for all the stuff or shell out a really good amount for the rent and stay in a posh spacious fully furnished apartment with all the bells and whistles in the outskirts. No thank you, I (rather we) cannot afford something like that lest we get a serious pay hike (for the record it has not been 4 years since I've begun my career!). And a home is where the heart is, yeah? :p

But anyway, the two of us have been contemplating about shifting to a more spacious apartment sometime next year. Hopefully, a promotion at work is in the cards.

Awwww... now you're getting sentimental! LOL

Now that we've shed a few tears... NEW PLACE, NEW PLACE, NEW PLACE!

You see where I'm going with this.

Anyways I'm just kidding around. Have fun rocking the green paint :p

BTW - Investing in Surat is the 'IN' thing now. The city is amongst the top 5 fastest growing city in Asia (me thinks!) as per a report yesterday and the land prices are going to hit the roof soon. The appreciation on real estate is more than 100% in the last 5 years. You seriously may want to invest in some 2BHK which is just on the outskirts of the city and get yourself a CNG car (a bike is too horrible for that L&T road with the amount of mad truckers there). The drive from the outskirts of Surat (maybe around Pal or something) to your company is going to be around 20 minutes maybe.

Back