Monitors LCD Monitor vs LCD TV

var89

Adept
Hi all,

I want to know what is the difference between an LCD TV and LCD Monitor.
Why there is such a price difference.
LCD monitor (S-PVA) > 40k (HP)
LCD TV (S-PVA) < 32k. (SONY)

Can i Use LCD TV as my monitor.

One word - resolution! :)

The LCD TV would most likely have a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. Text would look blurry on a large screen with such a low resolution.

A comparative LCD Monitor would have a 1920 x 1080 or higher resolution.

No harm in using a TV as a PC Monitor for other applications like movies and gaming though. Its just the text applications that would be harder on the eyes.

but if you are a hardcore gamer and take pride in playing games at higer resolutions,.then LCD TV wont help you there. :p:)

get a Samsung 5 Series LA32A550P1 32 inch LCD TV for 40k as it is 1920x1080 & beats the Dell 2408WFP :)

text is no problem too as I've used a tv for pc usage too

i think LCD TV wud hav a tuner for the channels and features present in traditional televisions like saving multiple channel numbers, surround effects, analog to digital conversion and so on...whereas LCD monitor wud not hav those features....

I use a 720p Samsung 26" as monitor ..no problems with text at all .. although the max resolution is 1366 X 768 .

Mine is connected through an VGA cable , HDMI give a crap picture with a lot of blurring on my TV .

ROCKFELLA said:
Doesnt a TV from near strain eyes?

Nope. That's an old wives tale :p Watching TV does not harm your eyes.

udayrulz said:
Mine is connected through an VGA cable , HDMI give a crap picture with a lot of blurring on my TV .

That's wierd.

For the OP, depends on your usage. For basic PC use like browsing, office apps etc, the higher resolution of the monitor would be handy. For movies/ games etc, the superior picture quality of the TV wins hands down.

:rofl: really? i once glared to an LCD tv, my eyes started feeling funny in minutes :huh:

zhopudey said:
Nope. That's an old wives tale :p Watching TV does not harm your eyes.

That's wierd.

For the OP, depends on your usage. For basic PC use like browsing, office apps etc, the higher resolution of the monitor would be handy. For movies/ games etc, the superior picture quality of the TV wins hands down.

Ive been using a 32 FUll HD TV as a primary monitor for about a couple of months or so now, and have no issues with it what so ever :p

it all depends on usage really, if u do some serious photoshop or graphics work then get the lcd monitor, else get the full hd lcd tv

Udit said:
get a Samsung 5 Series LA32A550P1 32 inch LCD TV for 40k as it is 1920x1080 & beats the Dell 2408WFP :)

text is no problem too as I've used a tv for pc usage too

wow..looks good. resolution also is ok here.

Back