Leak reveals Nexus 6 specs, QHD display & Snapdragon 805 in tow

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
13062701-content.png

Motorola Shamu, which was first revealed last month, has now appeared in AnTuTu benchmark database with Google Shamu name, indicating strongly that it is quite possibly the next Nexus smartphone.

The AnTuTu database has also revealed the specifications of the smartphone, which will sport a 5.2-inch QHD (2560x1440p) display, not 5.9-inch as was earlier reported by Android Police. In addition, the phone will be powered by 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor.

Among other specs, Shamu will come with 3GB of RAM, 13MP rear camera, 2.1MP front shooter, and Android L. As you can see, these are some really impressive specifications for Nexus 6. Nexus smartphones are known to include industry-leading hardware but they are hardly on the bleeding edge of development.

There is no word on the release date but the launch will probably happen in Q4 along with Android L.

SOURCE

The fact though is that the pricing strategy indicates, this is not gonna be reasonable anymore. Expect the 16gig variant to cost upwards $400

It will still be cheaper than the shit head leaders!

I'm better off with the new comers - Xiaomi and One Plus one. :)

i am not comfortable with that 5.2 inch screen specs. Why do they not strike a deal at 5 (4.8 is ideal) inch max for daily usage phones? Its not practically usable without discomfort on a day to day basis.

If they can only give me a new Nexus 10... then I'd buy one of those ~15k super-spec'd-non-big-brand phone instead of this.
It's been so long... where's the Nexus 10 :bawling:

I hope its not an "exclusive launch" on Flipkart like Motorola's other recent phones.

Also, waiting to see how the camera is on this one.

Back