LED tv buying advice

yash12

Recruit
Hey guys,

I am going shift to my new place by end of jan...

I need a new 40" or 42" (40" preferably) 3D LED (Smart tv if possible because it looks way better than the normal one with all the crome :D and has much more functionality to it) there (size suggested by my interior decorator guy)..

The budget for the tv will be around 80-90k max...

I will have to go and buy the tv phisically as my dad is against doin such a big transaction online...

I'll prefer shops in thane as I am gonna shift there...

Will go for samsung mostly as it looks good to my eyes...

Let me know all the model numbers,rates and shop details..

thank you all in advance :)

Why can't you try for Sony EX650 series (no 3D though) or HX750 series... Both are good in my opinion... If you have budget you can even go for HX850 series.. PQ will be better than Samsung series of same range..

I saw the series 7 LED TV of samsung today... damn expensive, around 2.5 to 3L :O

HX750 and HX850 is discontinued as it turns out...

Considering EX650 (no 3D is a turn down though:( )....

Any idea with the cost for EX650?

Any other 3D options?

Love samsung for the crome finish and thin bezels (I am getting a very awesome interior work done:cool: so need a TV which looks as better as my interiors and even performs as well as it looks;) )...

And if i am not wrong it has more format supports as compared to sony...not sure...:bored:

samsung will have better format support anyday over sony ..... Samsung 40ES6200E, Samsung 40ES6800, LG 42LM6400 ... all of these are a pleasure to the eyes... in looks and PQ .. and meet all ur reqs. (including 3D).

HX750 and HX850 is discontinued as it turns out...

Considering EX650 (no 3D is a turn down though:( )....

Any idea with the cost for EX650?

Any other 3D options?

Love samsung for the crome finish and thin bezels (I am getting a very awesome interior work done:cool: so need a TV which looks as better as my interiors and even performs as well as it looks;) )...

And if i am not wrong it has more format supports as compared to sony...not sure...:bored:

Ex650 Will cost you around 80k (46 inch)

Hx series discontinued? Kindly check your source as I demo'ed it yesterday in a few electronics showroom in Chennai

samsung will have better format support anyday over sony ..... Samsung 40ES6200E, Samsung 40ES6800, LG 42LM6400 ... all of these are a pleasure to the eyes... in looks and PQ .. and meet all ur reqs. (including 3D).

Do you have any idea about the pricing of these 3 in any stores like chroma or any other store?[DOUBLEPOST=1363595227][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ex650 Will cost you around 80k (46 inch)

Hx series discontinued? Kindly check your source as I demo'ed it yesterday in a few electronics showroom in Chennai

I googled it directly and browed to their officail site which said it was discontinued...

Still I'll go to the shops physically and check....

Do you have any idea about the pricing of these 3 in any stores like chroma or any other store?[DOUBLEPOST=1363595227][/DOUBLEPOST]

I googled it directly and browed to their officail site which said it was discontinued...

Still I'll go to the shops physically and check....

Can you provide the link where it was mentioned as discontinued..
I searched in sony india and nothing pops out like that.. Link below

http://www.sony.co.in/bravia-lcd-tv/range/Premium-Picture-Quality/498302

Do you have any idea about the pricing of these 3 in any stores like chroma or any other store?

You can check the prices online (flipkart) to get an idea of the tentative prices... showroom prices will be roughly the same .. unless u r willing to go grey :)

You can check the prices online (flipkart) to get an idea of the tentative prices... showroom prices will be roughly the same .. unless u r willing to go grey :)

Is grey safe....i mean what are the chances that it will run for long....because I stay in the US....and i dont want my parents to suffer the pain or reparing and paying heavy bills for the same...

I have an idea about mobiles phones in the grey market but not sure to take such a big risk for a thing that expensive...

Does it make alot of difference in the pricing for TVs?

Well you only get 1 year warranty if you buy officially you can also buy a extended warranty for additional cost.

I have bought 70% of my tvs from grey market which include several CRT and lcds ranging from 32" to 46" and all have been running fine or has completed 1 year warranty time,just make sure you buy a good stabilizer .
The savings are high as the screen size increases increases,so yes there is a significant difference between grey market and showroom .

Is grey safe....i mean what are the chances that it will run for long....because I stay in the US....and i dont want my parents to suffer the pain or reparing and paying heavy bills for the same...

I have an idea about mobiles phones in the grey market but not sure to take such a big risk for a thing that expensive...

Does it make alot of difference in the pricing for TVs?

if u check the piece thoroughly before buying... there are very few chances of the piece going kaput.. they are fresh sealed packs imported from bangkok/dubai etc where LCDs are available for hell cheaper ... mostly the pieces are not more than a week old for the hot selling models... price difference is substantial.. for ex I was quoted 30k for samsung 40EH5000 (full hd led) recently in hyd which costs 50k in showrooms. Also, the authorised service centres will still repair the piece if things go bad.. just that they will charge for it ( which is free in case of showroom purchase for 1 year ).. hope that clears ur doubts :)

Well you only get 1 year warranty if you buy officially you can also buy a extended warranty for additional cost.

I have bought 70% of my tvs from grey market which include several CRT and lcds ranging from 32" to 46" and all have been running fine or has completed 1 year warranty time,just make sure you buy a good stabilizer .
The savings are high as the screen size increases increases,so yes there is a significant difference between grey market and showroom .

Ok thanks mate!:)

Any idea where do i search for grey market pieces? because i know if anyone wants a grey market phone then heera panna in mumbai is the place to be...;)

No idea about TVs o_O

if u check the piece thoroughly before buying... there are very few chances of the piece going kaput.. they are fresh sealed packs imported from bangkok/dubai etc where LCDs are available for hell cheaper ... mostly the pieces are not more than a week old for the hot selling models... price difference is substantial.. for ex I was quoted 30k for samsung 40EH5000 (full hd led) recently in hyd which costs 50k in showrooms. Also, the authorised service centres will still repair the piece if things go bad.. just that they will charge for it ( which is free in case of showroom purchase for 1 year ).. hope that clears ur doubts :)

Same question^

Any idea where do i search for grey market pieces? because i know if anyone wants a grey market phone then heera panna in mumbai is the place to be...;)

No idea about TVs o_O

Let me compare the cost...then I'll decide what to go for...[DOUBLEPOST=1363703176][/DOUBLEPOST]Also suggest me a good DTH service for the same...

Confused between tatasky and airtel..

I am shifting in thane...so suggest according to that...

thank you!:)

Its the same place i believe applies to tvs as well.just search grey market in this forum for all the locations.

Videocon DTH seems to be better then tata sky(they can't add more channels due to capacity constraints) and airtel

Back