Leg Godt

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
g41_default.jpg

So I finally bought a shelf to hold my Lego collection. I can start rebuilding all the sets I had taken apart. @Black_Hawk had suggested that I create a thread but I thought a Gallery might be a better way to go.

Currently built sets are -

Technic 8070 - Supercar - Has power functions and a clutch box that allows for the rear spoiler to retract/extract, doors to open/close and hood to open close.
The Hobbit 79003 - An Unexpected Gathering - A very nice recreation of Bag End with a nice dinner setup. Includes Bilbo, Gandalf, Balin, Dwalin, Bombur, Bofur minifigs.
Star Wars 9492 - TIE Fighter - Iconic Star Wars ship. 9493 X-Wing is waiting to be built.
Calendar 853195 - Small and interesting set. I get to rebuild it every month.
Pirates 10210 - Imperial Flagship - Largest ship ever created by Lego. Great sails, working cannons, captured Captain Hook. Especially love the piano.
Creator 10231 - Shuttle Expedition - The Space Shuttle expedition. The boosters and fuel tank can be detached. The bay doors open to reveal a satellite.
Star Wars 9493 - X-Wing - Another iconic Star Wars ship. Nice companion piece to the 9492. There is a mechanism that opens and closes the wings.
Creator 10197 - Fire Brigade - My first Modular build. Two storeyed Fire Brigade with a truck (and a dog). The top floor has a nice kitchen and a table tennis table.
Architecture 21009 - Farnsworth House - Great recreation of the famous Farnsworth Hosue.

Click here to view the gallery.

mh09ad5578

the aRchiTect!
Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Chitradurga
awesome showoff! love Lego but can't really afford to buy these, at least in India; these are priced insanely. still thanx for sharing

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
Oh maaaan.... neat! I wanted to see the different LEGO sets you had and I'm really happy you made this thread along with the gallery. The Castle and the Super Car look absolutely uber-amazing!! :eek:hyeah:

Have you completed building the castle yet?

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
Oh maaaan.... neat! I wanted to see the different LEGO sets you had and I'm really happy you made this thread along with the gallery. The Castle and the Super Car look absolutely uber-amazing!! :eek:hyeah:

Have you completed building the castle yet?

The Castle just came in this week. I am starting another build today but it will be either one of these two.

lFrux.jpg
OR
yzoSG.jpg

Do you let kids play with them? :bleh:

Do you think I could afford these if I had kids? :p

djmykey

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
@whatsinaname Staap with the pics :bleh: This makes me wanna be a kid once again :bleh:

- - - Updated - - -
@whatsinaname Staap with the pics :bleh: This makes me wanna be a kid once again :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
Built another model this weekend. The Space Shuttle Expedition. Fun to build and very large and impressive looking once done.

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007

The X-Wing with R2D2 and Luke. Nice companion piece to the TIE Fighter.

This looks awesome. How do you get these sets in India?

I live in the US, so acquiring the sets is easier. Though I do know some of the sets are available in Bangalore in a few hobby stores. A friend who lives there is pretty into the Technic line as well.