"Legitimate" Affordable High Speed BroadBand now in Mumbai !

Tell me something. You can buy your own modem or do you have to take what Hathway gives? And if yes then which one should i get. And what software I should use that will show me how much of data I have received and sent on daily, weekly and monthly basis. I would like to monitor my internet usage since there is FUP.

Tell me something. You can buy your own modem or do you have to take what Hathway gives? And if yes then which one should i get. And what software I should use that will show me how much of data I have received and sent on daily, weekly and monthly basis. I would like to monitor my internet usage since there is FUP.

The modem is free so is the router.

Do u have a docsis 3.0 compatible modem?

Anyways if u buy a ddwrt capable router... U can easily monitor upload and downloads in the web gui itself. So take their modem but use your own router ..

So hathway called me back & said it is not "feasibile" to provide the connection in my area (Gulmohar cross road) - which i was expecting as the local IN cable guy has so-called monopoly and uses underhanded, illegal tactics to make sure no other operator provides services. This was told to me by Tata as well, when they said he keeps cutting their cables so they can only give me WiMax... Now what? Do i continue paying 1200 a month to tata for 512kbps? :(

So hathway called me back & said it is not "feasibile" to provide the connection in my area (Gulmohar cross road) - which i was expecting as the local IN cable guy has so-called monopoly and uses underhanded, illegal tactics to make sure no other operator provides services. This was told to me by Tata as well, when they said he keeps cutting their cables so they can only give me WiMax... Now what? Do i continue paying 1200 a month to tata for 512kbps? :(

Same happens here, I live on Juhu Versova Link Road, just after the circle..

Most isps say no due the exact same reason to me too.. That 7star people cut the wires. Guess what they even sabotage the common Tata sky dish atop my building.. .. I
I think they need more than 1 subscriber in an area/building.. They had some good plan about 6 years, and so the entire wing around 22 flats got Hathway.. There is a hub atop my building..

And 1200 for 512 is a lot.

MTNL is your best bet. And it's affordable too.

550plus taxes for 1/1.5 mbps unlimited..

I hardly see any point in all this, till FUP is present. Wonder when FUP will be removed by our ISPs. It is just a false mechanism to earn more money, creating an artificial milestone system.

I hardly see any point in all this, till FUP is present. Wonder when FUP will be removed by our ISPs. It is just a false mechanism to earn more money, creating an artificial milestone system.

I said the same to Prateek on Facebook chat. With 50mbps, even 50gb can be extinguished within a day easily. What's the point after that? Prices are still high IMO.

I'm super duper happy Calcutta-n ISPs don't have any FUPs!

I said the same to Prateek on Facebook chat. With 50mbps, even 50gb can be extinguished within a day easily. What's the point after that? Prices are still high IMO.

I'm super duper happy Calcutta-n ISPs don't have any FUPs!
i think he mentioned he just got a decently priced plan with good speeds.
also he mentioned of caching. so FUP or no FUP , it would hardly matter

i think he mentioned he just got a decently priced plan with good speeds.
also he mentioned of caching. so FUP or no FUP , it would hardly matter

So when you pull off the local cache which the ISP created it will not count for your DL/UL throughput...?

So when you pull off the local cache which the ISP created it will not count for your DL/UL throughput...?

I think it counts so caching does not really help, only gets you content faster. Unless the ISP has some sort of Intranet/DC++ hub or whatever it is called, i think traffic within network is not counted then but it depends on the ISP.

I think it counts so caching does not really help, only gets you content faster. Unless the ISP has some sort of Intranet/DC++ hub or whatever it is called, i think traffic within network is not counted then but it depends on the ISP.

I guessed that. ISPs should offer 1 mbps and 2mbps plans which are pure unlimited.

Last edited:
data will be counted.
just that the cached data will always be available to him at much higher speeds than 50mbps.

But how will the switch differentiate.

1. You pull off the cache = 50 mbps.
2. You pull off a normal URL = FUP speed.

Once the FUP has kicked in, how does it matter what your original plan was till your next billing cycle. Everyone is homogenized on the pretext of data saturation. It is such a vile practice, and curbs facility using a metric which is a core to the service. It is equivalent to cheating customers.

But how will the switch differentiate.

1. You pull off the cache = 50 mbps.
2. You pull off a normal URL = FUP speed.

Once the FUP has kicked in, how does it matter what your original plan was till your next billing cycle. Everyone is homogenized on the pretext of data saturation. It is such a vile practice, and curbs facility using a metric which is a core to the service. It is equivalent to cheating customers.
simple.
the data going through its own cache is not speed limited.
data going through the normal URL route is FUPed or speed limited.
even when there is no FUP but the speed is restricted according to plan you choose, the cache speed is always higher.
Edited on request.

Last edited:
Back