Budget 90k+ Lenovo ThinkPad T14 with Ryzen 4750U for 1.1 lakh - good deal?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
I see the Lenovo India website offers customisable config of the ThinkPad T14 and I'm getting the following specs for about 1.1 lakh - is it a decent deal?

Ryzen 4750U CPU - 8 cores, 16 threads.
16 GB 3200mhz RAM (8gb onboad, 8gb SoDIMM)
512 gb NVMe m.2 SSD
14 inch FHD 250 nits anti-glare non-touch screen.
Fingerprint reader
Intel WiFi AX200 with BT 5
Ethernet port
2 USB A ports
2 USB C ports
Without Operating System.

Is this a decent deal for 1.1 lakh? Tempted to buy this now as I've been waiting for ages to get my hands on a Zen2 laptop - unless anyone has reason to wait for Zen3 models?

Website as I mentioned in the initial post, yet to check offline...

Alternatively I might go for hp if they have a 4800u option at similar or less price.

I'm inclined to get a ryzen 4800u 15w based laptop but could settle for intel i5 11th gen hp pavilion 14 which is just 63k for same specs except CPU and it includes win10 home edition seems much more VFM.

Cannot comment about other spec's but a decent screen should have more than 300 nits. While 250 nits is just about average for home use, 300+ adds more punch to your screen output. Also matters when viewing under outside sunlight.
A 1.1l laptop having an average screen and AMD cpu?? I think you will definitely get a good deal offline.
Edit: No OS!! Search offline or other e-commerce portal.

You could get an E14 with a 4500U for like 50k not too long ago. Also, that display is likely a TN.

I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Ryzen 4750U CPU - 8 cores, 16 threads.
16 GB 3200mhz RAM (8gb onboad, 8gb SoDIMM)
14 inch FHD 250 nits anti-glare non-touch screen.
2 USB C ports
Without Operating System.
If 8GB RAM is sufficient for your case, then this - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08LKQBR8R/ has better 100% sRGB screen, better processor, OS, larger battery (??).. or check for more options - https://techenclave.com/threads/a-mini-comparo-of-laptop-processors-and-some-recommendations.197323/

or look at MBA, if you are open to MacOS.

So I ordered the HP Pavilion 14 laptop off amazon for 63k... it was OOS on hp.com website where there was additional 5% cashback so would have got it for 60k there if I wasn't late to order...

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 ryzen model custom config delivery estimate is 2 freaking MONTHS !

So will use this new HP laptop as stopgap and probably get whatever Zen3 laptop available this year end.

This laptop should reach tomorrow morning woohoo!

If it is coming with nvme and if there is provision to add additional storage, get it raised to 1 tb. Can you share the link of Ho laptop from Amazon?

So I ordered the HP Pavilion 14 laptop off amazon for 63k... it was OOS on hp.com website where there was additional 5% cashback so would have got it for 60k there if I wasn't late to order...

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 ryzen model custom config delivery estimate is 2 freaking MONTHS !

So will use this new HP laptop as stopgap and probably get whatever Zen3 laptop available this year end.

This laptop should reach tomorrow morning woohoo!
But that screen is too dim for that price range.

T- is flagship series. You should be able to select a better screen. Not 4k, it will eat battery, but just a brighter screen. Talking to the Sales rep might help. You may consider it.

Just a heads up that it was out of stock hence I bought off amazon but it came back in stock next day (boohoo) with 5% cashback using HDFC card, so I missed saving 3k in my rush.

My heart stopped initially when I could not find SSD AHCI mode option in BIOS but linux (latest ubuntu 20.04.2 and 20.10) works well on this device.

Back