Lenovo Y560 or Dell XPS 15.....plz help me buy...... :huh:

asquart

Disciple
LENOVO has the following config....
Coreâ„¢ i5-460M
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium ( 64 Bits)
Black / HDMI / Camera 1.3M / Bluetooth 2.1 / Card Reader / Rambo Tray in 12.7mm
4G DDR3 1066MHz
500G 9.5mm 5400rpm
1GB Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 / 15.6 HD LED Glare

whereas DELL has :
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor (2.53GHz, 2Core/4Threads, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 3M cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
DISPLAY 15.6 HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLifeâ„¢
MEMORY 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4G) (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i5 processors)
HARD DRIVE 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
OPTICAL DRIVE Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
VIDEO CARD 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics with Bluetooth (with WIDI)
BATTERIES 6 Cell Primary Battery
KEYBOARD Dellâ„¢ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English):huh:

I would say that the Lenovo Y560 is better as it's got a much better graphic card,but only a slightly lesser 500gig hard drive.It also looks very classy.

And about the backlit keys you will really get the advantage only if u work a lot at nights,u can also use a USB Light and get the same functionality.

Customer service of most of the manufacturers is the same anyway,Dell's service is not dat good anymore.U would be better off getting an extended warranty from Lenovo itself

Well i wud ve blindly told u to go for dell cos of support but having read some recent threads posted by members regarding some crappy services from dell i wud suggest u go for lenovo after enquiring bout their service in ur area.

Dell XPS 15 anyday.

don't even look at the Y560 unless you are going to the store checking out your piece for sometime and are buying it.

_

both dell and lenovo are priced at around 52,000 give take a thousand n plz can anyone tell me about the major disadvantages of both the systems......

which one of the above two will be better for gaming.......?

@DigitalDude: Mind telling why not to look at Lenovo?

Give reasons with your answers. We would like to know the reason too. Otherwise no point passing a comment like that.

XPS 15.

If you have any doubts, just go to the respective showrooms and check both the machines out. Lenovo build quality is subpar in the current playing field , specially in the 50k domain with HP dv6 , Vaio EB36 and XPS 15 as options.

XPS 15 is better on every front, except the GPU. Now lets compare the GT420M with Mobility HD5730. Let not the numbers fool you. GT420M is 96 SP GF108 part and I think Dell has clocked them at 550 Mhz (ref is 500 Mhz, not sure ask somebody who owns this machine). A nVidia GPU can be particularly handy in a mobile environment , especially with Optimus and much better Compute support , both things which the Mobility Radeon 5730 lacks (which is just an overclocked Mobility 5650 with 400 SP). For an out and out gaming machine, no doubt the 5730 will outperform the GT420M, but that depends on your personal choices and workloads

@chai

Y560 had issues with screens. don't know what's the situation now.

dell with the optimus will be cooler and have much better battery life. usb 3.0, backlit keyboard, OS disc, brushed aluminium and overall featurewise the xps trumps the y560.

also go through these threads man ;)

http://www.techenclave.com/laptop-buying-advice/dell-studio-15-vs-lenovo-ideapad-177834.html

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-xps-15-l501x-mini-review-179950.html

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-xps-l501x-180673.html

_

go for lenovo y560.........i have also bought this one n i am very happy with my laptop......
As far as screen problem is concerned it has been rectified by a driver update ..........
at last i would recommend go for lenovo.......i u hv any questions u can ask me anytime........

abhimanyu7dec said:
go for lenovo y560.........i have also bought this one n i am very happy with my laptop......

As far as screen problem is concerned it has been rectified by a driver update ..........

at last i would recommend go for lenovo.......i u hv any questions u can ask me anytime........
how is lenovo's after sale service?

i am also confused between these two laptops .....which 1 will be more reliable ?

The prices of both the laptops are approximately the same . I would advise you to go for the Dell XPS since I own a dell one myself and Its not given me any problems in the 2 years of ownership . Also with dell you can opt for accident insurance and all . Dont know weather lenovo offers it .
I know dell gives you the chance to build your own laptop , choose the configuration so that one can personally choose whatever they require. This isnt the case with lenovo afaik.
( PS -No offence to Lenovo users)

Let us know what you choose :)

Back