Budget 90k+ Lenovo Yoga 7 gen6 ryzen 5800u model 14ACN6 - 82N7000AIN - hardware details for linux compatibility?

Hi,

I'm unable to locate/determine the exact hardware specs of this laptop: https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-2-in-1-series/Yoga-7-Gen-6-14-AMD/p/82N7000AIN

Especially interested in the exact wifi and fingerprint reader chip brand and model numbers to confirm linux compatibility.

Any pointers? Tried google/youtube/reddit etc and seems this is a newly launched model so not much info out there...
The wifi/bt module is guaranteed to be intel ax200 as there is no other vendor in the market with an 11ax solution. This works fine in newer releases of linux. No idea about finger print reader however.

@Chaos hopefully there haven't been new releases of AX wifi modules by realtek or mediatek... I read recently about AMD branded mediatek wifi ax modules so a bit concerned... when I visited the lenovo driver download page it lists a single exe file with the title (intel/realtek/mtk) combined in it !

Will keep looking for wifi and fingerprint info...

The wifi/bt module is guaranteed to be intel ax200 as there is no other vendor in the market with an 11ax solution.

Well, I beg to differ.

The first name that comes to mind is the Killer AX1650 series. Yes, Rivet Networks did make it in collaboration with Intel, but the low-level hardware implementations, as well as the software stacks are entirely different.

Then come the Realtek RTL8852AE and MediaTek MT7921. Several Lenovo and ASUS notebooks are shipped with these cards. Qualcomm has the QCA6391 module as well, although I've yet to come across a PC featuring this particular model.

Keep in mind that the above only includes Wi-Fi 6 cards, not Wi-Fi 6E.

Last edited:
Back