Letsbuy is not so innocent after all

I ordered two products from letsbuy during diwali offer and did not received any gift with any of the order. After mailing the customer care and following up several time they sent 200 off gift coupon with minimum purchase of 2000.. which is no use for me as I am not going to purchase any thing very soon from the site.

Where as yebhi surprisingly sent a bottle of perfume as gift with my order though it was not advertised by them.

dissel said:
Hi, wanna know about COD, Is it allowed to open the package before handover the cash to the delivery guy ? And cod stuff comes via courier guy...right ? What the other point need to remind during COD ?

Please let me know....never done COD before.
No mate, after you recieve your package, done the payment and sign, now you can open your package. :) Yeah, the package comes via courier except flipkart (it has got its own courier service), that too in metro cities only. Further points to be taken care of-

1) Most of the discount coupons do not work on COD.

2) Shipping is a bit low prioritised as compared to pre-paid ( my personal exp).

3) If you find the package content to be faulty/missing, call the CC and complain, they'll replace it. :)

4) Lastly, its "tension free" than pre-paid of course :p

A11B1ack said:
I ordered two products from letsbuy during diwali offer and did not received any gift with any of the order. After mailing the customer care and following up several time they sent 200 off gift coupon with minimum purchase of 2000.. which is no use for me as I am not going to purchase any thing very soon from the site.

Where as yebhi surprisingly sent a bottle of perfume as gift with my order though it was not advertised by them.

I got my discount coupon with the package itself.

Thanks for the the points JuGGa

and yes I'm thinking to buying a Nokia Battery from flipkart, but I'm situated at Greater Kolkata, let see if they able to deliver the product or not....else no tension b'coz it COD order :)

Guys reposting my earlier comment from a letsbuy post on TE -

i have had my share of issues with letsbuy and i will definitely stay away from them. Bought a Sony Xylo in June, this month the screen stopped working so took it to the service center. they took the phone, after half an hour while is was waiting they told me that the phone is tampered and that the website sells refurbished phones. i ask my friend who is a big cellphone retailer, he tells me that the importer for this cell is different than the importer of all retailers in the country. whatever you do, the warranty of an online purchase specially letsbuy.com will not be honored. So i went back to the Sony Service center, paid them a 1000 bucks to replace the flex cable. Red alert for letsbuy!!

The flex cable for the zylo is an old and known issue. Wondering when mine is gonna conk off. But it's possible that the svc center dude didn't wanna honour the warranty and made excuses. I have experiences with SE svc centers for over 10 years now and have seen this issue happening not just with myself but others as well. When you bought the phone, did it come in a completely sealed box with tamper-proof hologram stickers on both ends? those stickers can't easily be removed without visibly damaging them. Also, there may be multiple importers for a cellphone brand, not just one. My zylo's is SE itself in delhi, imported october and bought in jan. Just want to know, how did he identify the 'tampering' anyway? coz the entire phone can be opened with no signs that it has been.

Edit: just checked my box, the bottom doesn't have a sticker, but the flap is designed in such a way that if opened, it will damage the flap in an obvious way.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Julian said:
They're jerks because they didn't even refund the diwali 'gift' Rs. 167 i was supposed to get when i bought a pair of batteries. Why make promises you can't keep. I don't really care because i wasn't expecting to win and it's a small amount. but it's the principle of it.

Ok, it took them 1 month and 1 week, but they've refunded the promised amount on the 18th. Just had a loko at my account statement and it's there. so i take back my negative comment about LB!

well.. yours is still going strong. he showed me that the sticker on the phone under the battery had been removed and re pasted, and so had the sticker behind the screen. Yes, it was visible, but i didn't check if it was there before or not. after looking at the flex, it appears it had been rubbing from one side, so the circuit lines had been exposed and were touching against something. Whatever it is, the customer suffers. i have a vivaz too, purchased from my friends shop, had the screen replaced and then the entire phone from sony.. just 10 days before the warranty was about to get over, why didn't they say it was tampered? It was a badly abused phone!

I use the slider very sparingly, knowing about the flex problem. In about 11 months, my slider open count is 4,938 only! I dunno man, i still wouldn't trust the word of a svc guy. I have seen time and again they try the maximum to deny warranty for one reason or another and also try to rip off the customer as much as possible. For all you know, he could have removed and refixed the sticker when he took it into the shop to check! In any case, write to letsbuy with this issue and mention that you will be approaching the consumer forum regarding cheating by selling a used/tampered/refurbished phone as new. It's also entirely possible that the disti cheated letsbuy by providing them with a tampered piece, but regardless, letsbuy is accountable because they sold you the piece. Also try to ask the svc guy to provide a letter saying that the phone was not a new piece. And just fyi going through a consumer forum isn't difficult at all, i know many people who have got unexpectedly good solutions after using this method.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Read this forum to see all the complaints about the strip problem: Sony Ericsson Zylo - User opinions and reviews

Some people are claiming that only phones manufactured before Oct 2010 are liable to flex problems but i'm not so sure.

Also, just AFTER (duhhh) buying the phone i visited the service center regarding some signal issues which turned out to be the service provider's fault. Casually asked the dude there if the zylo is a fault-prone phone and he says he has like a 100 pieces waiting for flex replacement, due to no supply from the company! :-O

Back