Budget 20-25K LG G4 now : to buy or not to buy?

Gauge

Adept
Hey all,

As the title suggests, i am looking to upgrade from my LG G2 AT&T version. The phone has served me well and is still going good.

I am getting an Imported LG G4 Dual Sim Leather Back Variant at ebay.in for 22k after using coupons. Is it wise to buy it now? Any cons?
How is the battery life on this one since it only has a 3000mah one?
I have also read about some bootloop bug on the LG4. Is it still there on the Dual Sim variant?
Another negative is absence of the fingerprint scanner, but i believe i can live without that.
Liked the design and premium factor the LG phones carry. Also have trust in LG as a brand. But still cant convince myself to ahead and buy the G4.

Another options i have been considering are Lenovo Vibe X3 or the Xiaomi Mi5 (Will have to extend my budget for it) . NOt a big fan of either of the two but since i have no other options in the said budget range, cant look anywhere else.

Also if possible, a phone with a good Dev support. I use my phones for a year or two and only the developers come to the rescue when manufacturers ditch their phones without any software or performance updates.

Suggest me please. What to buy? Range is 20k - 22k. Ready to shell out a bit more if anything good or better is available.

Things i am looking for : Awesome audio Quality (both through speakers and earphones), good display, a reasonable but good camera, and a good battery life. Rest are the things i can easily live without.

Ebay link : http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Imported...472141?hash=item1eaba0f84d:g:k2YAAOSwDuJWwcZb

As per the seller, The above item is Brand New Original & comes in a sealed pack With all the accessories included.
One or two buyers in their feedback have said that the seller indeed sends out the phones in sealed state.

Last edited:
@blr_p & @rdst_1 You guys are using RN3 on MIUI or CM for these battery life stats ?
I don't have a RN3, going by what people have told me. That is on stock so MIUI.

[DOUBLEPOST=1468050030][/DOUBLEPOST]
What version are you on the Lollipop? Will be downgrading to a pre-rooted Lollipop firmware soon.
Still on v10L and unrooted.

Waiting for 6.01.

There's been an update recently bringing security up to june, supposed to help with battery.

I don't have a RN3, going by what people have told me. That is on stock so MIUI.

[DOUBLEPOST=1468050030][/DOUBLEPOST]
Still on v10L and unrooted.

Waiting for 6.01.

There's been an update recently bringing security up to june, supposed to help with battery.

Yes I'm waiting for the same as well. Read that it has improved the battery life. Last update i recieved was with the security patch till April.

Yes I'm waiting for the same as well. Read that it has improved the battery life. Last update i recieved was with the security patch till April.
It should come out soon.

Why do you want to downgrade to L, is it for root ?

In terms of battery, streamed football for the last few matches. The drain averages around 18-20% per hour. Amazes me how loud the speaker is, when the ads come on you can hear it the next room. Certainly louder than my front firing tabs speakers.

This was on 20%, then i pushed brightness up to 50% and could not measure any increase in current which surprised me. Didn't go beyond.

If there was a possibility to download and then play offline, drain would be less but that isn't always possible.

So in either this or some other thread it was mentioned that someone might need to use their phone at higher brightness.
So decided to check it out on my RN3.

At 100% brightness, I took off the phone at 8:00 in the morning and have 27% left at 11:00 in the night. For my normal usage of watching videos and surfing forums/websites/facebook, battery drain wasn't insane. However playing Clash of Clans at 100% brightness did drain the battery abnormally. The idle drain is next to nothing as I am using CM13.

abf47f37b2e73a49b289df02373e80e8.jpg

P.S. - As you can probably see, I use a dark theme on CM13. Even the apps are themed so that probably helps as well.

Last edited:
Back