Budget Above 25K Lg G5 vs OP3 vs S6edge ?

Need good cam and decent battery.
Op3 has worst cam among the 3 but most futureproof as it also has extended warranty for 1.4k. Biggest in size though which is not good. @ 29.4 with 2 year warranty

S6edge is best looking and most premium and perfect size as well. battery life seems suspect with the snapdragon version specially. @ 33.6k

Lg G5 best cam and performance also amazing with sd 820. Since ips display and small battery battery seems suspect. @36k

WHich has the best and worst battery among the three ? I use 4g net on commute for 2 hours and 9 hours on wifi at office. around 30 mins call daily. 30 min fb check.

I like op3 simply as it has 2 year warranty, is the customer service good as im not sure how good a quality it is.

OP3 is an excellent phone, and I don't use phones or recommend these new popping out from nowhere brands, but after using the OP3 for couple of hours I have no hesitation of recommending it to anyone looking for a mid ranger device. Excellent built, nice call quality, compact enough, and the software especially is tremendous, only poor thing is the camera but for that price it shouldn't be any complaint. S6E will be on a different level in terms of display, and Samsung's after sales is always there but still TouchWiz is STILL TouchWiz, and I simply can't recommend it, even if you are not an Android purist. So if you want to try your luck a bit, go with OP3.

OP3 is an excellent phone, and I don't use phones or recommend these new popping out from nowhere brands, but after using the OP3 for couple of hours I have no hesitation of recommending it to anyone looking for a mid ranger device. Excellent built, nice call quality, compact enough, and the software especially is tremendous, only poor thing is the camera but for that price it shouldn't be any complaint. S6E will be on a different level in terms of display, and Samsung's after sales is always there but still TouchWiz is STILL TouchWiz, and I simply can't recommend it, even if you are not an Android purist. So if you want to try your luck a bit, go with OP3.
cam quality is a big priority

im happy with performance and lag free nature of my s3 so i dont need a super mega-octa core phone. just need a reliable phone to last me a day that has no network issues and has a good camera for those late night out memory capturing.
What sot/runtime do you get from the s3 ?

g4/g5/s6e/op3/s7 all have similar sot.

Camera takes up power, you are going to have to top up if you expect to use the camera much after your day is over with any of them.

One of the things i like with sd card is i can have photos or videos from long back still on my phone. You're not going to be able to do that without sd card unless you go for at least 64GB.

If you're considering a sammy ignore the s6 series. take a damn loan and get the s7. 7k more, big frickin deal. Ho wlong will you keep it. 3+ years divide 7k into that. how much per month is it. Your aritficial limits have no bearing whatsoever on asking prices.

There is a difference between the s7 & s6. edge is useless. regular is better.

Last edited:
I just picked up a 19- days used S7 for 33k for a friend just few days ago. You can check OLX and snag such a deal if you come across one.
im not sure if those good deals have a hidden agenda. too risky from unknown people of getting imported /repaired kinda phone which i wont be able to check on buying. would buy the s7 if i get a mint condition one but olx is risky as unknown people.

If cam quality is such a priority then just increase your budget.
My friend shoots unbelievably good photos with his OP3 just by spending a little time with the settings of the camera and by composing the shot properly.
I remember you started a similar thread earlier as well and even then you couldn't decide on which phone to buy as you want best features but not ready to spend money for them. And in VFM options, you don't want to make small compromises which make those phones such good propositions.
You should just try and source parts of your liking and build a phone for yourself in your budget as the market options will never satisfy you, especially if you are still so happy with your S3.

im not sure if those good deals have a hidden agenda. too risky from unknown people of getting imported /repaired kinda phone which i wont be able to check on buying. would buy the s7 if i get a mint condition one but olx is risky as unknown people.
Olx is no rocket science 1000s of people use it every day, Anyway leave it of u don't feel comfortable with it.

So if u so tight on budget.... why not decide between the 3 OP3 G5 or S6 what's stopping u?

Last edited:
Not yet. Have applied for a credit card to buy it on emi as samsung having low interest offer plus during warranty even on screen breaking its cheap to replace at 990 rs. Gonna get the S7 at 43.6k online/check offiline shop rate and buy over total 9 months.
Why not buy with Bajaj finance with no interest emi ?

Back