Android LG Nexus 4 officially launching in India

i dont trust shopclues much. rather spend a little more and get peace a mind. IIRC you also wanted to order one fro FK right?? did you do so yet, or did you go the shopclues way??

I too dont trust SC, but chances of getting a fake Nexus is too less. Maybe an imported one, but we can check if it has imported by LG India sticker. And I am skipping N4 for S3. Need a mem card slot.

^^ I have had loads of friends with Nexus 4 now.
Overheating is the same as any smartphone which gets hot when playing games, this is nowhere as close to how hot an Iphone gets. Battery is pretty decent should last you throughout the day with moderate usage, no SD card and non user replaceable battery is a bummer though. However at that price the only other option is S3, which is based on older/slower hardware but with arguably better screen, and battery life. Its a toss, but I would lean towards nexus 4 because of the updates and faster hardware.

Those people who post such comments don't have the money to buy the phone themselves, but wish to. Especially comments like wake up Indians?

And they spam all sites with a one off case.

Glass doesn't come out, break on its own. Neither does it break when I drop, have dropped it lot. Droid dna heats up more than my nexus 4.

Storage is a problem.
Battery can be easily replaced.

^^ I have had loads of friends with Nexus 4 now.
Overheating is the same as any smartphone which gets hot when playing games, this is nowhere as close to how hot an Iphone gets. Battery is pretty decent should last you throughout the day with moderate usage, no SD card and non user replaceable battery is a bummer though. However at that price the only other option is S3, which is based on older/slower hardware but with arguably better screen, and battery life. Its a toss, but I would lean towards nexus 4 because of the updates and faster hardware.
S3 with only 1GB RAM means less chances of getting key lime pie. Or at least that's how i see it until Android 5.0 (KLP?) comes out and runs properly on a 1GB RAM phone.

Note 2 would be better choice than S3, similar price. 5.5 inches of screen can be unwieldy though.

Note 2 would be better choice than S3, similar price. 5.5 inches of screen can be unwieldy though.
As an original note user, I would not agree. However it is large and many people do not like it for the size, be sure to try a friends phone (note or note2) for a day before buying it. However the larger size and the nifty s-pen gets a host of additional productivity tools, as well as multi window which is actually usable (because of the size). Increase the budget to 28k and you get the Xperia ZR too (with Snapdragon 400 SOC), you get a micro SD slot, and maybe a slightly better battery life.

Yeah, that sony is interesting, there are other models in a similar range as well. Snapdragon is a big selling point for power consumption & 3rd party support.

The first - POOR battery life. Nexus 4 does not use an OLED display. So this LCD display just consumes more battery. Just do some research on google about the battery life of nexus 4,its more than terrible.

Conveniently forgetting True Color IPS+ display with Gorilla Glass 2 & a fused screen with the best viewing angles

Believe me,the glass heats up quick than any other material
And the laws of physics shuddered ..

Fourth - Camera,not so good - Even though 8 MP,the camera lacks behind in low light photography

The Low Light HDR mode of Nexus 4 is better than the HTC One X

Fifth - Delicate. Yes,drop your phone on either side,its all over. It costs around 5000 to get the glass replaced.
Or get a friggin 500 ka case and it costs 4.3k to get the display(+ whole friggin front panel) replaced.

Also reading more reviews from this user .. http://www.flipkart.com/user-profiles/r14balu-5369
you get pretty clear idea of his high standards ..

Note II - "Dont Fall for the Smartphone market tactics - You guys have gone blind. These smartphones are not at all useful .
What will you do after you buy this phone ? You're gonna play for a week with its awesome features,try some games etc etc. "

Blackberry Q10 - "Blackberry - Kill yourself - Really aggressive pricing by blackberry. At their conference they told its going to be a cheap qwerty phone,but what the hell is this ? FYI - This is the most expensive mobile in india right now. Even more than iPhone 5 LOL
We cant have a great multi media experience with this. "

iPhone 4 - "Why this if you can Buy Nexus 4 for this Price ? - Buy Nexus 4 for this price instead of this shitty iPhone 4.

800 mhz processor,5MP cam,8 gb internal. And 25k for this phone ?

Buy nexus 4 - 1.7 quad core processor,8mp cam,16 gb internal .

iPhones suck" :D :D :D :D

Galaxy Note 800 - "Over confident Samsung . Arrogant Pricing - This price is just too much for a Tab . The features are not so nice actaully. Nothing better than the iPad 3 . Samsung just got over-confident and I guess because of their loss to apple,they are very aggressive at pricing this thing."

Blackberry Z10 - "Well,finally blackberry started its pursuit in smartphone market. The real smartphone I mean. This device is brilliant .

Received it on the same day of order as I stay in bangalore. Awesome service by flipakrt.

And the phone is good,the new OS is just a joy to use. And everything we do on the phone makes it so fast,thanks to the 1.5 Ghz processor . "

This person has over 72 reviews ..

Conveniently forgetting True Color IPS+ display with Gorilla Glass 2 & a fused screen with the best viewing angles
You did not address the battery life question ?

So presumably you have played about with ROMS and underclocking. how much difference did it make to the battery ?

You did not address the battery life question ?

So presumably you have played about with ROMS and underclocking. how much difference did it make to the battery ?

Battery life is more than enough for normal users.I get around 4-5hrs screen time.And all this without underclocking or undervolting.BDW using custom rom and kernel

4-5 hrs screen time with custom rom (which one?) & kernel (which one?)

vs

stock that gave you how many hrs screen time ?

How much improvement can be expected here is what i'm getting at.

Paranoid android rom with faux kernel.I dont really remember the stock battery.Should be around 3-4 hrs i think.Battery life on N4 is definitely not bad.The news spread during the initial days of 4.2 when drain during stand by was high.After 4.2.2 update,drain reduced significantly.

Back