LG Opimus 2x fell in water :(

He guys,

M sisters LG Opimus 2x fell in sea water (Beach Water)

And now it dosent even start...

What can I do to repair it???

I think we dont have the bill...

Thanx in advance

No use of the bill anyways since LG won't accept warranty due to water damage.

Go to LG service center and see how much they charge for repairs.

First remove the battery and leave it under a light bulb (the hot one) to dry properly, or else tomorrow morning you can leave in under the sun.

If it still doesn't work, then its time to visit the service center

Separate things like battery, cover etc etc, whatever you can and keep the phone in uncooked Rice overnight and let it dry there.

Hope it comes back to life in morning :)

The uncooked rice should do the trick . . .

Provided the mobile's components have survived the splash of salty water and there has been no short circuit :(

Best of Luck mate !! :)

Never ever try to switch on a device when it's wet.

Dry with raw rice and then try. Also in case of salt water it is better to get the phone opened and washed with distilled water and then dried.

archat68 said:

Dry with raw rice and then try. Also in case of salt water it is better to get the phone opened and washed with distilled water and then dried.

But Guys!!

He has already tried starting the phone...

So, chances of CB shorts are possible.

Anyways, Leave it in raw rice and keep fingers crossed.

comiserations dude, my iphone suffered a similar fate, the water damage was so bad that it got bricked. You will hav to take it to the LG service centre.

kidpikoon said:
He guys,

M sisters LG Opimus 2x fell in sea water (Beach Water)

And now it dosent even start...

What can I do to repair it???

I think we dont have the bill...

Thanx in advance

Even salty water damaged IC can be repaired. BUT it wont last too long. My advice is ,since anyway you dont have warranty,Get it repaired in some local shop,so that it atleast starts and basic work can be done.

Then go to another shop and sell it. Dont tell the shopkeeper and dont visit the same shop ever again.Be glad of whatever price you can get.

I did the same with My Razr a few years ago.sold it off in national market after getting a few repairs done. ;)

p.s Please dont sell it in TE market!

a similar situation happened with one of my phones today, but the strange thing is, I never dropped it and it never even fell in water.

i recieved a call on it, after hanging up i went off to sleep and when i got up to check on it, it was freaking dead! it wasn't charging, and no activity whatsoever! but the battery was fine! gave it for repairs though, i was told the power ic might have shorted! but strange how did that happen! :(

hate when things like this happens!

archat68 said:

rinsing with alcohol would be more advisable than water.

Got the bill...

Is this covered in warranty???

What should I tell the service center guys???

If I tell it fell in sea water they wont accept it...

any sort of Water damage or physical damage can be easily found out by the service center guys,last week nokia service center guys refused warranty for my cousin's display dead e63 since there was a physical damage

kidpikoon said:
Got the bill...

Is this covered in warranty???

What should I tell the service center guys???

If I tell it fell in sea water they wont accept it...

Don't mention it.

Just say, it doesn't start.

Make sure that the phone is completely dry.

One of my friend had a similar experience on his SGS i9000. The phone was drenched in rain and it showed water damage symptoms when he tried to start it. Kept it inside uncooked rice for a couple of days and then took it to the service center.

Make sure there is no water under the battery or any where else(when you approach the LG service center).

If they mention water damage on the form,then you have to pay otherwise you may get it done for free. ;)

The service center guys, opened it and showed me water damage, I could actually see salt deposits...

Is there a way to still bring back the cell phone???

I tried cleaning it with Alcohol, but it wasn't coming out...

Or was it Thermal Paste???

Since it is out of warranty you can try this:

Get a can of WD40 from a big hardware store.

Open the phone and take out the motherboard. Dry it thoroughly using a hairdryer. Spray (outdoor only) WD40 liberally over both sides of the PCB (not display). Keep the PCB under sun for 1-2 hour. After that wipe the WD40 with a cloth, dip a brush with iso propyl alcohol and rinse the PCB throughly with IPA. Finally dry it under Sun or with hairdryer.

Pray, pray and pray......

Assemble everything and hold your breath and turn on the phone.

What does WD40 do exactly, and I will need to get that white salt like thing out before doing this...

How do I get it off ???

Its not coming off by Alcohol or Distilled water...

Leave it guys, Its totally Dead :(

Any Idea on how much I can get if I sell it???

Its Camera and Full Front Body, ie. whole screen can be used to repair other Optimus Phones...
ie. everything except the PCB...

Did you try the stuff that was suggested by other people earlier?

If so and f your phone is still dead then Sorry but no one will give you any substantial amount for the phone. Max they might give you say 500 bucks for the same...

I am not sure what people will pay for a dead phone...

Back