LG Opimus 2x fell in water :(

archat68 said:
Why don't you get the motherboard changed? It should be around 6K (somebody told me galaxy s2 motherboard cost 6K, so assuming same).

Even if he changes the motherboard the service center say that there is no guarantee of the cell lasting long... So in case he invest 6K and gets motherboard changed and the thing stop working again in couple of days then there is a problem...

I have no clue/Understand why they say that there is a possibility of the phone not working again after motherboard change... some one who know please elaborate...

kidpikoon said:
Service center quoted 13k for repair and also said the phone will be back in warranty after that...

Before commiting the phone to an authorised centre , do find out the quote for the same from local general phone repair shops. In the past I have had several instances of water damaged phones. I have got them repaired at various official service centres. They always die.Well almost always.They might work fine for a month or two,and then suddenly give up.

So as I suggested get it replaced somewhere cheaper and sell it off at another place.

13k is a lot. still its your decision.If you want to keep the phone for another year,then I guess you can go for it.

If the service centre is saying "back in warranty" , then does it mean 12 more months or the same warranty that you originally got with the phone,continues?

I also had water damage to one of my phones but the local repair guy advised not to repair it as he says that apart from motherboard, there are other components which may have suffered damage and its impossible to figure out the actual damage till he starts changing the parts one by one..so in the end you just may end up paying 70% of original cost..

I think repairing in a local shop and selling elsewhere seems to be a good option as suggested by some of our wise buddies here :)

Back