LG Optimus 1 P500 Buy or not to Buy

rahulyo

Skilled
Hello friends ...

I need ur help . Want to buy a mobile. My budget max 8.5k .From letsbuy.com using Code LG O1 price 8.5k .

Is LG O1 P500 good ? Any problem with hardware / software ? How is the operating of the phone ?

I used Samsung Galaxy 3 . How is LG O1 compare to Galaxy 3 ?

H2O said:
Do you even know that the Dell XCD35 is actually a ZTE Blade, thus it has 512MB in some earlier versions it was locked(easily unlockable) in the newer versions as reported by a member here it was unlocked. Also, check Modaco and XDA again the ZTE Blade has a much bigger developer committee. And, if we would wait for updates from the manufacturer then what's the point of CFWs.
Can you read what I have written? Let me Put it here again which I posted 2-3 posts back ....

aercy said:
Dell XCD35 doesn't have roms. The original OSF/Blade has but they have higher RAM so these ROMS won't work well (or at all) on XCD35. As for LG O1 ... are you kidding? O1 has more community support than Dell XCD35, let alone Custom ROMs.

256MB Ram unlocked to 512mb doesn't meant it is a capable RAM figure.... it's still 256mb RAM overclocked. It's not a AMD Phenom II X2 where you unlonck the locked CPU Cores, RAM cannot be unlocked like that, that concept is completely wrong!!! :no:

aercy said:
Can you read what I have written? Let me Put it here again which I posted 2-3 posts back ....

256MB Ram unlocked to 512mb doesn't meant it is a capable RAM figure.... it's still 256mb RAM overclocked. It's not a AMD Phenom II X2 where you unlonck the locked CPU Cores, RAM cannot be unlocked like that, that concept is completely wrong!!! :no:

Please Google and search the forums. Here, http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/zte-blade-aka-dell-xcd-35-a-181302-62.html

RS4 said:
Now, dell xcd 35 comes with 512MB ram by default, so no need of arguing over ram figure :)
How could that be when the official site itself shows it has 256mb RAM. if it was 512mb ram unlocked wouldn't they capitalize on it by writing so on their home page. Even in shopping sites have 256mb ram written everywhere. Same with GSM Arena. Where is the proof??

aercy said:
How could that be when the official site itself shows it has 256mb RAM. if it was 512mb ram unlocked wouldn't they capitalize on it by writing so on their home page. Even in shopping sites have 256mb ram written everywhere. Same with GSM Arena. Where is the proof??
i have myself bought the phone so i dont need any proof and some other members who have recently received the phone have confirmed that it comes with 512mb ram by default from dell,its not my problem that they have not given correct specs on the website.

^^

If it's not written on the official Site, not written on the reliable tech sites, not written on the Box then it is a HOAX :D

It's clear that you just don't want to be disappointed by knowing the truth that it doesn't have physical 512mb RAM, it has 256mb RAM just overclocked.

Use logic & common sense, why would any company under-Specify its product when they have everything to gain with the increased RAM figure?????

aercy said:
^^
If it's not written on the official Site, not written on the reliable tech sites, not written on the Box then it is a HOAX :D

It's clear that you just don't want to be disappointed by knowing the truth that it doesn't have physical 512mb RAM, it has 256mb RAM just overclocked.

Use logic & common sense, why would any company under-Specify its product when they have everything to gain with the increased RAM figure?????
i think other members can decide on their own who has lost common sense and logic after reading the above posts :) buddy life is too short for fighting over a phone's specs in different threads, so just chill and be happy with your optimus one, FYI i bought the phone for my flatmate as he is not comfortable with online shopping, so i dont have anything to lose or get disappointed :bleh:

Aladdin said:
^^You want to bet its 512 indeed?
all the members who have recently(last 2-3 weeks) bought dell xcd35 have confirmed that its 512mb ram and even if you get old stock then you can get your phone upgraded to android 2.2 and 512mb ram from dell service centre for free :)

aercy said:
^^

Does AMD advertise with unlocking cores?

Does the box on your O1 say you can install CFW?

Dell locks the memory so that the phone doesn't eat into the market share of the next phone. Why don't you understand that OC'ing ram would be mean increasing the frequency not the physical size, how is that even possible?

If you do not believe, go read up on Modaco. Please learn to accept things.

Just bought an LG p500 for my sister today. I owned a Orange San Francisco till recently. I used my orange SF for over 4 months and explored most of the moded roms/builds thoroughly. I guess I am in a much better position to judge these phones.

LG Optimus P500

Pros:-

[1] Good build quality -- much superior to Orange SF/dell xcd 35

[2] Better Sound quality/loudspeaker

[3] Faster CPU

[4] Much better performance compared to Orange SF and there is absolutely no lag at all

[5] Games play smoothly with no lag

[6] The camera is better than orange SF/Dell xcd 35

[7] Better battery life (1500 mAH battery)

[8] Better resale value compared to Dell XCD 35/Orange San francisco if you sell it at some mobile shop locally

Dell XCD 35

Pros:-

[1] Larger screen

[2] More custom roms

Bottomline: The LG Optimus P500 is a much better buy.

aercy said:
^^

my compaq desktop shows 256MB shared memory on there site but its actually 512 MB

so HP/compaq does that

Back