LG Optimus 1 P500 Buy or not to Buy

rahulyo

Skilled
Hello friends ...

I need ur help . Want to buy a mobile. My budget max 8.5k .From letsbuy.com using Code LG O1 price 8.5k .

Is LG O1 P500 good ? Any problem with hardware / software ? How is the operating of the phone ?

I used Samsung Galaxy 3 . How is LG O1 compare to Galaxy 3 ?

aercy said:
How could that be when the official site itself shows it has 256mb RAM. if it was 512mb ram unlocked wouldn't they capitalize on it by writing so on their home page. Even in shopping sites have 256mb ram written everywhere. Same with GSM Arena. Where is the proof??

Oh just let me put in experience w/ Tech Specs on Product Site and GSMARENA.
Last year I bought Samsung Wave I after going through the specs on Samsung's site and of course GSMARENA.
RAM was listed (only on GSMARENA) as 512MB and HSDPA capability as 7.2 Mbps.

After the memory problems of the Wave it has been argued that the RAM is only 256MB available not 512MB.
Funny part was that GSMARENA and Samsung changed the specs from 7.2Mbps to 3.6Mbps and Memory related info has been completely removed.

I think review sites should check the H/W (by literally tearing the phone apart) because ALL sites said 512MB and 7.2Mbps and after 8-10 months the specs changed? Sketchy Sketchy Koreans.

The actual amount of RAM of the Wave is still unknown. The guys at XDA who're trying to port Android onto Wave are being plagued by this issue. Even they are unable to decide the actual amount of RAM in the Wave. So I guess this problem is only with this particular handset.

^^True, I've been following that thread for some time now. But my point is how is one supposed to trust tech specs listed anywhere if 3-4 months later it gets changed? If manufacturers are revising their products then is it too difficult to provide all Versions and accurate info on their sites? Baffling, really.

After following this thread since quite some time and also after analyzing phones ranging from OP1 all the way till Galaxy S LCD, finally i bought OP1 as i felt it will serve my purpose pretty well.

Ordered on Letsbuy(using coupon) for 8499 on Friday, and to my surprise, got the phone by saturday afternoon. :clap: And i thought letsbuy was slow

Very much satisfied with the features and performance too. Screen size is decent. it may not be a great processor under the hood, but for the usage i had(browsing, synching emails, thinkfree ,videos and games for my kid etc) it never felt laggy.

Happy user of OP1

Thanks.

Atleast for now , i dont plan to explore beyond the stock LG ROM.

BTW, just upgraded to 2.2.2(10F) as my phone had 2.2.1 earlier

I can see improvement in speed(earlier i used to get 260MB RAM) as now my free RAM has jumped to 310-320MB mark.

Hope 2.3 comes soon and makes it even more faster :hap2:

Well, my PC suite too had some problems and kept on crashing whenever i took backup.

May be you should click on update PC suite option before you try updating your phone. my PC suite is now at 4.3.14.20xxxx version

rajshenoy said:
After following this thread since quite some time and also after analyzing phones ranging from OP1 all the way till Galaxy S LCD, finally i bought OP1 as i felt it will serve my purpose pretty well.

Ordered on Letsbuy(using coupon) for 8499 on Friday, and to my surprise, got the phone by saturday afternoon. :clap: And i thought letsbuy was slow

Very much satisfied with the features and performance too. Screen size is decent. it may not be a great processor under the hood, but for the usage i had(browsing, synching emails, thinkfree ,videos and games for my kid etc) it never felt laggy.

Happy user of OP1
Which courier company did they send your package through?? mine hasnt reached in 9 days.. :mad:

Guys hello to all. am new here and in the same boat. I have some queries :

1.After june GB release , does Lg start shipping it with GB out of box.

2.Suggest a decent headfone (not earphone) for listening music on LG O1.

3. Does Angry Bird Rio lags on it.

vinaycm said:
Does the battery last for a day only? Mine lasts easily for 2 days+ on normal use.

How you guys doing it? because when i am using it with ebuddy messenger it would last for few hours ... may b 5-6 hours of continuous operation !!
anything to help u with it?

I got my O1 over bluedart, delhi to bangalore in a day. :eek:hyeah:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

swapyworld said:
How you guys doing it? because when i am using it with ebuddy messenger it would last for few hours ... may b 5-6 hours of continuous operation !!

anything to help u with it?
Mine lasts about 30hrs plus , this may be because i keep on exploring my week old handset, and about 50-60MB download per day(on wifi) and about 30-40 min talking per day.

i keep wifi on for about 6 hrs everyday

I feel main source of battery drain are:

1. GPS

2. Bad network coverage - thankfully i am at a good coverage

3. videos(offline and youtube both) - i keep watching them :( may be 5-6 hours max ??

4. excessive downloads over wifi(just enabling wifi and keeping it idle wont drain the battery much) - wifi is on, but downloads should come down soon

5. voice calls one hour plus - mine is 30-40 mins

6. Data over network(GPRS,edge, 3G) - i disable them completely

If you keep a check on these, your battery should last longer

Tech Savy said:
Guys hello to all. am new here and in the same boat. I have some queries :

1.After june GB release , does Lg start shipping it with GB out of box.

2.Suggest a decent headfone (not earphone) for listening music on LG O1.

3. Does Angry Bird Rio lags on it.

1. Maybe in india we will get out of the box 2.3 by august or so , but u can get it done via service centre or via pc suite

2. Whats your budget

3. No rio runs lag free on o1

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Actually wifi downloading does not eat up much battery

Videos, gps , data connection both 2g and 3g eat up a lot of battery

Best option is to disable data connection when not using in settings « wireless & network « mobile networks

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Back