LG Optimus One or Dell XCD35

makjack

Disciple
Hey guys, I am really confused between Optimus One and Dell xcd35 as I am getting the xcd35 at about the same price as Optimus one through one of my friends.

I know that xcd35 has a really great screen, and else all specs is nearly same as Optimus one. Xcd35 has a smaller battery and has 256mb ram(can be unlocked to 512mb). I also need to know if xcd35 has the Adreno200 gpu that is present in the Optimus one.

Please suggest which of these two is a better phone, if available at the same price.

Thanks.

comp@ddict said:
lol u think chinese means bad? remember, chinese companies make both the best and worst of products. zte happens to be the good one, they are worldwide no.5 in handset production volume, speaks cartloads about their popularity and sales.

and the modding scene of this phone is kkrrrazzy totally. Yeah, the price is Rs. 10,599 and you should go for it.

Can the Dell XCD35 be modded (the new one with 2.2)? I've heard its locked :(

Yes it can, Haste. It will come with a stock 2.2 ROM, which'll satisfy most people, but if you're a modding enthusiast (which you should be if your getting an Andoroid.. lol), you can install a custom ROM. It'll probably be GEN 2, but that's not a problem, you can always put in a stable ROM like the Swedish Spring RLS5.

JT_daniel said:
Yes it can, Haste. It will come with a stock 2.2 ROM, which'll satisfy most people, but if you're a modding enthusiast (which you should be if your getting an Andoroid.. lol), you can install a custom ROM. It'll probably be GEN 2, but that's not a problem, you can always put in a stable ROM like the Swedish Spring RLS5.
Actually advised my Dad to buy XCD35..he's got the new one with 2.2, but he was complaining of low speaker volume (during call) and unresponsive touchscreen sometimes...so was looking for alternatives for stock ROM..I'll try finding about RLS5 ROM..thanks

Thanks Man, I'll take a look into it :)

Actually he was saying usually the touchscreen is great...but some random times it become unresponsive, seems to me like software problem not hardware..

I have been hearing about the Dell XCD35 coming with 2.2 stock and also unlocked RAM to 512M

But letsbuy/flipkart they all still show the old data. Does this mean, i will still get an old piece and manually do the followup with DELL to upgrade it ?

Can someone throw some light on this ?
1. Do letsbuy/flipkart ship the XCD35 with 2.2 android and 512M RAM ?
2. Is is possible for me to confirm this before i pay them ? (even in case of COD, i wont be able to open the package isnt it)
3. Lets say i get the older 2.1 android+256 MB RAM, is it possible for me to approach DELL service center and upgrade all this for free ?

^^You may get android 2.1 or 2.2 depending on stock but the ram will be 512MB irrespective of the android version, if you get it with android 2.1 then you can go to dell service centre for the official 2.2 update.

Even the Dell website mentions its 256MB RAM. I obviously would love to have 512MB but dont want to gamble with unlocking it myself. if Dell has factory unlocked RAM, or if their service center can do it.. very good

Also Does this XCD35 support video formats like DivX/Xvid ? which seems to be default in OP1

If it doesn't then what's the use of having 3.5 inch screen :eek:hyeah:

rajshenoy said:
Even the Dell website mentions its 256MB RAM. I obviously would love to have 512MB but dont want to gamble with unlocking it myself. if Dell has factory unlocked RAM, or if their service center can do it.. very good

Also Does this XCD35 support video formats like DivX/Xvid ? which seems to be default in OP1

If it doesn't then what's the use of having 3.5 inch screen :eek:hyeah:
Even if your phone comes with 256MB ram, the dell service centre will update it to android 2.2 with 512MB ram as all XCD35 phones come with 512MB ram and its only a software limitation.

aercy said:
^ Nope. Dell XCD35 is actually cheaper at Rs.8.9k whereas LG O1 is up for Rs.10.3k. O1's price has gone up now.

i said the price was similar for the package that came without the bluetooth headset and it with the reliance coupon applied the price was shown to be at 8754/- for O1.

While the Dell XCD was at 8967/-.

abracadabra said:
i said the price was similar for the package that came without the bluetooth headset and it with the reliance coupon applied the price was shown to be at 8754/- for O1.

While the Dell XCD was at 8967/-.
Yes I realized that when fractal pointed out. Sorry, my mistake.

Back