LG P500 Discussion Thread


blueren

Well-Known Member
Adept
1. Yes. Install Titanium Backup. This is for rooted phones ONLY.

2. Yes. You will usually find the option to disable startup in the app's menu itself. If you don't find it, install Android Assistant. It has an option to kill startup items
 

messi4lyf

Member
Disciple
Sanav3 said:
First try downloading any file from a website and see if the problem reproduces.
Then try a spare card... or a friends card for testing downloads

Its not happening every time..that is the problem.I've downloaded several files after that shut down.No issues as of nw...If it occurs every time, we can make sure its an issue..
Does anybody knw abt the 3G coverage of Airtel in navi mumbai area ?
 

3dsugar

Member
Disciple
Hey guys... I am newbie to Android, got Optimus One on Monday. Spent some time going through it and downloaded some cool apps. But one thing I noticed I cannot create a group of recipients and forward sms to group... Keep adding 15-20 recipients is a boring task every time... I tried Go SMS Pro but when I went to groups, I could not find way to add contacts in group.. what can do guys ? Im a heavy sender of smses.. Whats the solution to this ?
 

messi4lyf

Member
Disciple
I'm using launcher pro nw..Sometimes, the display will not turn off..I've set the timeout @ 30 sec...Sometimes, it won't turn off the screen and when I check it is showing that it is not set...Is there any setting I've to look for ?
 

swapyworld

Well-Known Member
Adept
messi4lyf said:
I'm using launcher pro nw..Sometimes, the display will not turn off..I've set the timeout @ 30 sec...Sometimes, it won't turn off the screen and when I check it is showing that it is not set...Is there any setting I've to look for ?
why don't you set it in settings -> display ?? u can set time out there dude !!
 

blueren

Well-Known Member
Adept
3dsugar said:
Hey guys... I am newbie to Android, got Optimus One on Monday. Spent some time going through it and downloaded some cool apps. But one thing I noticed I cannot create a group of recipients and forward sms to group... Keep adding 15-20 recipients is a boring task every time... I tried Go SMS Pro but when I went to groups, I could not find way to add contacts in group.. what can do guys ? Im a heavy sender of smses.. Whats the solution to this ?
Sync contacts onto gmail and create groups there. They'll automatically show up in any messenger you use. And as for go sms, try the go sms pro version (its free despite the name). Navigate to groups > go sms groups > menu > edit groups .. if you want to have local groups without having to sync with google.
 

neoronin

New Member
Disciple
Finally found a oneclick rooting for the Optimus P500 with the latest version instead of the 'downgrading Froyo' and rooting which seems to be a pain. Question here. Which stable ROM can be used? I'm really into using multiple themes or skinning to make the phone look 'fancy'. So what should I go for?
 

blueren

Well-Known Member
Adept
If you want custom theming, you can go in for Cyanogen Mod.. although I'd suggest you wait until its out of Beta.. Just a few more bugs to fix.

If you're looking for stability + super less battery drain, go for void rom. Although developement on it has been abandoned, its still far better than the other ones out there.

If you're looking for performance and super customization (new i/o scheduler and blah blah), go in for devoid by franco. He dishes out a new version of it in under 24 hours! So watch out :p

All of which can be found here - XDA - P500
 

unixguru

Active Member
Adept
I am currently on CM7, it is quite good for a beta version. The battery drian is very inconsistent, sometimes very good, sometimes terrible. Void is by far the most stable ROM availabe. Tried an earlier version devoid.franco and was not impressed with battery life, and neocore perfomance. I will try the latest version tommorow! Looking froward to BFS and smartass! I am sure these will never land up on stock ROM.
 

cyclops13

Active Member
Disciple
Does the O1 supports Offline GPS Navigation (without data connection), I guess it uses google maps, how good are they for India when we compare it to Nokia (navteq)?

Also, please confirm if we can edit office documents (word, excel, ppt) out of the box or we need to do some modding?

Please advise guys, heavily undecided between the O1 and Nokia E5!!! I know both are different breed, but I am a bit skeptical bout the touch screen phones, never used them, kinda fancy items for me!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^^ Guys, no response???
 

messi4lyf

Member
Disciple
niteshkhatri said:
Does the O1 supports Offline GPS Navigation (without data connection), I guess it uses google maps, how good are they for India when we compare it to Nokia (navteq)?

Also, please confirm if we can edit office documents (word, excel, ppt) out of the box or we need to do some modding?

Please advise guys, heavily undecided between the O1 and Nokia E5!!! I know both are different breed, but I am a bit skeptical bout the touch screen phones, never used them, kinda fancy items for me!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^^ Guys, no response???
Google maps will not work for India without data connection

Thinkfree office which comes preinstalled on O1 will help u to edit documents,excel and ppt.I don't know how effective is to edit ppt ..Its okay to edit doc and xls.

There is a navigation app called Ndrive which comes preinstalled unless u exchange the SD card (like me :( )will do the navigation job, I guess. I'm not able to tell its effectiveness as I lost it when I exchanged the SD card on the purchase itself.

I don't know,whether this late response will help u..Again, I think this is far better than a Nokia phone when it comes to web browsing
 

sriharsha

Well-Known Member
Disciple
thanks to every one here... I took LG 01 last night (02/11 make, white color). it is awesome. Now friends, can I upgrade my phone's OS 2.2 version to ginger bread? and also, in spite having airtel internet (2GB plan), when even I try to use, it is showing "needed connection" what should I do?

thank you friends...

::noob alert::
 

Tech Savy

New Member
Disciple
sriharsha said:
thanks to every one here... I took LG 01 last night (02/11 make, white color). it is awesome. Now friends, can I upgrade my phone's OS 2.2 version to ginger bread? and also, in spite having airtel internet (2GB plan), when even I try to use, it is showing "needed connection" what should I do?

thank you friends...

::noob alert::
congrts pal for lg p500!
Can u plz post the pics of white lg o1.
1. Do u have dust issue?
2. Have u face any kind of problem with its loudspeaker ?
 

blueren

Well-Known Member
Adept
mostly next month or the month after that or the month after that or the month after that or the month after that..

Optimus One Czec facebook page says that it'll be releasing next month.
 

rajshenoy

Member
Disciple
I have my two week old phone with feb 2011 date and i can see the infamous dust problem. So i wonder if this problem is really solved post 2010 phones!!!

Called up service center and it seems some sticker is available as a solution!!

I will try this over the weekend and see if this works.
 

Aakash

Well-Known Member
Adept
Any one with optimus one,having BSNL sim..
As, i'm using bsnl 3g services.but facing a problem..
When ever i download something on my laptop through ubs tethering from lg optimus one.
the net gets disconnected frequently...
But One Phone's wifi-tethering i don't face such issue..And olso when i download something on phone,even the big files like 1gb.
I don't face the problem ,It's only with the usb tethering...
I have tried changing the data cable a few times, no effect..
Please some one help me out here...
I bought the phone in feb 2011.And now its updated to version E Firmware..
 

blueren

Well-Known Member
Adept
rajshenoy said:
I have my two week old phone with feb 2011 date and i can see the infamous dust problem. So i wonder if this problem is really solved post 2010 phones!!!

Called up service center and it seems some sticker is available as a solution!!

I will try this over the weekend and see if this works.
Sticker solution? Sounds somewhat lame. Please update here if you get it done

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aakash said:
Any one with optimus one,having BSNL sim..

As, i'm using bsnl 3g services.but facing a problem..

When ever i download something on my laptop through ubs tethering from lg optimus one.

the net gets disconnected frequently...

But One Phone's wifi-tethering i don't face such issue..And olso when i download something on phone,even the big files like 1gb.

I don't face the problem ,It's only with the usb tethering...

I have tried changing the data cable a few times, no effect..

Please some one help me out here...

I bought the phone in feb 2011.And now its updated to version E Firmware..
I"ve experienced this problem many times too. The native usb tethering drops off randomly. So for usb tethering alone, I use PDAnet. Problem solved
 

Top