LG P500 Discussion Thread

i too have ordered a samsung optimus one ysterday itself fmr letsbuy @ 8999...... if anyone finds a decent solution to this dust problem than please let knw.. ryt nw since its cmina wit a screen guard or smthng i guess i think it should be fyn for few days....

Thanks!!!

I am facing a unique problem with optimus one. I can receive & send every file via bluetooth but when I try sending any audio file through bluetooth it fails.So, please help me here.

rajshenoy said:
I have my two week old phone with feb 2011 date and i can see the infamous dust problem. So i wonder if this problem is really solved post 2010 phones!!!

Called up service center and it seems some sticker is available as a solution!!

I will try this over the weekend and see if this works.
the sticker thing is pretty neat... can go on...

received lg optimus one 2de evening, had ordered it on 31st night from letsbuy @ 8999 using RCOMLB1, really impressed by the service and the way they packed it n ol.. :) Only problem is i am having my cfa exam on 5th and i am gettin too distracted since this stuff has arrived :|

Can anyone tell me how to connect it to pc.. since i hvnt got any cd with it do i need to install its pc suite from net or some other method ??? # android new(wanna)bie ;)

guys i am facing a new problem with my P500.

I am not able to send SMS!! :mad:

I can receive SMSs, but outgoing doesnt work at all.. i saw similar topics when i searched on google. but no response yet.

I was using go SMS pro, but tried from both go as well as stock SMS client. i even uninstalled the go SMS, and rebooted the phone couple of times too

is there any setting ? or some way to reset all SMS functionality only ?

Ya, generally you need to set SMS Center and other settings like "Reply via Same Center", "Delivery Time" etc. Generally Message Center gets set automatically upon SIM insertion.

blueren said:
All the drivers / pc suite is there in the sdcard
hey thanx man

installed pc suite frm the sd acrd but now while connecting its askin please select the "pc suite mode" but in my cell its not showing any pc suite mode. The steps given to bring that are Select [Connect] from the [Settings] menu of your phone. But there is no connect tab in the settings page :|

krishnandu said:
Ya, generally you need to set SMS Center and other settings like "Reply via Same Center", "Delivery Time" etc. Generally Message Center gets set automatically upon SIM insertion.
Thanks. That helped. somehow the delivery center number got reset.

Also plz tell me how to uninstall tons of useless apps like pnr no, bollywoodji, indian nwz paper n many more, as they keep on running even if i kill them from the task killer and shows notifications.... how to uninstall them ??? :(

abhi@989 said:
hey thanx man

installed pc suite frm the sd acrd but now while connecting its askin please select the "pc suite mode" but in my cell its not showing any pc suite mode. The steps given to bring that are Select [Connect] from the [Settings] menu of your phone. But there is no connect tab in the settings page :|
The pc suit is utter bullcrap. I uninstaller within 5 minutes of installing it. You don't need the pc suit for anything! If its internet sharing with pc that you're interested in, turn on the tether option on ur phone while connected to pc via usb

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

abhi@989 said:
Also plz tell me how to uninstall tons of useless apps like pnr no, bollywoodji, indian nwz paper n many more, as they keep on running even if i kill them from the task killer and shows notifications.... how to uninstall them ??? :(
You can't do that just yet. You'll need to root your phone first. Of course.. rooting == voiding warranty. But then again, unrooting it brings back the warranty :p

^^ Thanks man, but is there noway to uninstall these applications w/o rooting n ol ???? :| i have bought the fone jst 2 days back dnt wanna risk of rooting it..

Also i wanted to connect via pc suite to have backups for contacts and updating the softwares and to gingerbread whenever it comes.....

OR atleast if anyone can suggest a really good apps killer so that even if they are installed atleast they dont run in background and slow the performance or give any pop ups... task killer provided with it doesnt helps at all neither does applications tab in settings!!! :|

abhi@989 said:
^^ Thanks man, but is there noway to uninstall these applications w/o rooting n ol ???? :| i have bought the fone jst 2 days back dnt wanna risk of rooting it..

Also i wanted to connect via pc suite to have backups for contacts and updating the softwares and to gingerbread whenever it comes.....

OR atleast if anyone can suggest a really good apps killer so that even if they are installed atleast they dont run in background and slow the performance or give any pop ups... task killer provided with it doesnt helps at all neither does applications tab in settings!!! :|
Meddle with your phone all you want. sooner or later you'll begin get bored by what you have and frustrated about what you don't have in it ;) Thats when you will invariably give in to rooting. And thats when it'll strike you that you should've done it sooner :p

Regarding the task killers, don't use any. The background tasks are there for a reason. They may occupy a teeny bit of memory, but will not eat into cpu cycles (unless they're processes)

Heres something you can read -- why android doesn't need task killers

Install watch dog lite instead, it'll alert you about misbehaving apps which you can kill if there is a need.

If you don't want your phone to slow down, don't load your phone with 2832732853 apps available in the market

And regarding your contacts backup, sync it with gmail. Thats the best thing that ever happened to android! If you don't like it, you could take a manual backup of it (contacts -> menu -> more -> import/export -> export to sd

@blueren : thanx again bddy.... loads f help!! I downloaded astro file manager n found it a lil too sophisticated to use ryt nw, but perhaps ll uninstall it after what u said. As for rooting i jst know it speeds up the system but what are the other pros n cons i have no idea mate, so ll most probably 'get sm idea' 1st, then see wt hapns..

Thanx 4 da replies tho :)

its not just speed.. It just about everything you can imagine! :D

stability, more storage space, uber apps that require root, backup and restore, themes, kenels, roms .. and what not!

Astro is the best one out there. Keep it.

Guys did some blunder and how even i dont know... :| installed astro file manager ysterday and today every time an incoming call comes i am NOT able to receive coz it shows an error "Process com.android phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" HELP needed!! :|

have bought the fone just 2 days back... and installed a few apps and all.. Is hard reset the only way ??

Back