LG P500 updating issue !!

Hi guys,

I have a LG P500 and recently installed LG PC suit IV bundled with sd card
everything went fine.....sometimes it detects the fone or sometimes it doesnt at all !! :(

Even though it did show me the phone update is available. :eek:hyeah:

The main problem is : The suit crashes every now and then....so no backups, no updates nothing and sometimes it even doesnt detect the fone. :ashamed:

Any suggestions guys? want to update it to gingerbread :clap:

Btw i am using windows 7 ultimate SP1 +avast + comodo firewall...!!

uninstall that piece of crap.

If you're looking for something (GB) Which is *WAY* better than the official update, head over to xda forums. If not, head to the nearest lg service center.

Regarding your backups, export contacts to memory card or to gmail. For your messages, try sms backup and restore from the market

Have you tried updating the PC suite ? check and update that software first..

I used to get crashes initially whenever i was trying to backup. after updating it, its stable now. but then 20E is still not visible

@rajshenoy, i did try updating it....but everytime i do by connecting my mobile...it hangs and then again crashes... :(

@blueren, executives at lg service centre near my place seem to have no clue about it dude....anything which can help updating from net directly?

dont want to root it now as i dont have much time to go through the details of rooting because i am complete noob in this part....!!

can i follow this procedure?

install official v20b gingerbread update on lg optimus one using kdz updater guide/

or this one ? i think it will void the warranty and i dont want to do it as i am yet to know how to make backup...!!

btw cant we just remove sd card n flash the mobile so the data on card remains intact?

install-android-2-3-4-gingerbread-custom-rom-on-lg-optimus-one-step-by-step-instructions/

or is there anything simpler procedure....just let me know guys...!!

which one i should go for? and are the links posted in there are of official GB for LG P500?

thanks for the help guys.....now on GB 2.3.3 :)

hope to learn to root soon.....any quick guides and suggestions for stable roms with longer battery life ?? :D

techno_guy said:
how did you update it ?

follow the first link i posted "install official v20b gingerbread update on lg optimus one using kdz updater guide"

dont use pc suite...it sucks big time....just follow the procedure by downloading the files....they all are on mediafire so no issues downloading them !!

if you have problems following the procedure anyone here can help you out...just didnt want to root and void warranty so went to GB :)

swapyworld said:
follow the first link i posted "install official v20b gingerbread update on lg optimus one using kdz updater guide"

dont use pc suite...it sucks big time....just follow the procedure by downloading the files....they all are on mediafire so no issues downloading them !!

if you have problems following the procedure anyone here can help you out...just didnt want to root and void warranty so went to GB :)

Is it official update ?

did u wind any bug in 2.3 , heard there are many bugs

techno_guy said:
Is it official update ?

did u wind any bug in 2.3 , heard there are many bugs

just updated now.....heard it too....bt at leats better than froyo.....and stable imo....!!

now looking for some good rom suggestions from TE mates....as CyanogenMod 7 is still unstable....if its out....then will move to that... :)

Back