LG Split AC 10 year warranty with gas charging?

lavidaloca

Recruit
Hello: I am shopping for a dual inverter split AC and came across the LG model MS-Q18ENZA on Amazon.

In the description, it states, "10 Years on compressor with gas charging, 5 years on PCB and 1 year on product"

I was wondering if anyone here actually got free gas charging on their LG AC while under warranty. It seems like a very good deal, if true..

Thanks!

Hello: I am shopping for a dual inverter split AC and came across the LG model MS-Q18ENZA on Amazon.

In the description, it states, "10 Years on compressor with gas charging, 5 years on PCB and 1 year on product"

I was wondering if anyone here actually got free gas charging on their LG AC while under warranty. It seems like a very good deal, if true..

Thanks!
seems to be true as LG website also states 10Years on Compressor gas charges included. " In case compressor failed during compressor warranty period, Gas charging is not chargeable from customer". Transportation charges might apply

gas charging
this should be the least of your concern when selecting an AC. It's a deal which is irrelevant.
The only thing matter is "5 years on PCB". which is very generic across all brands.

Selecting a product involves multiple things to consider, number one being how good is the after sales services of that brand in your city.
One good way to measure is - get their customer care number form their website & dial it. if you able to talk to a human within 120 seconds, its good.

Inverter AC are not as matured and tend to fail much earlier then non-inverter one, with less repairability. the marketing word related to saving money in electric bill is total BS.
In this budget you will get better and much reliable brand such as career, daikin, etc ..

From the wordings as shared by dexterz, if the compressor fails within warranty, it will be replaced and gas charging done for that instance only. If however, you would need to recharge the gas during your normal usage, it won't be covered under warranty. That aspect is only with regards to compressor warranty and the need to recharge gas for that issue.

if the compressor fails within warranty, it will be replaced and gas charging done for that instance only
Yes, that seems to be an accurate understanding of the terms. In Delhi, some of our ACs have required gas charging after only 2 years of service (and not compressor issue), and all the gas filling chaps say that "Dilli ka hawa hai". Never did understand that!

AC service especially Gas charging is a mafia of its own. Complete blackbox with no reason or logic. Gas worth some 600~800 per kg charged 2500 or more
If ac is cooling less first thing they tells customers is it's low on gas.Now that is lie.if there is leak all gas will escape and there will be no cooling at all and compressor will not be under load if it's empty of gas.IF there is no leak all the damn gas is inside ac it doesn't eats it.Its best way to make money for mechanics and lots of profit from customers.it's not gas it's condenser that are chocked.

How do you fix a choked condenser?
Fix? A ac condenser tubes will never choke from inside as hight grade oil also flows trough them.If you mean cleaning then it can be done in many ways.A machanic will carry HCL acid or sulphuric acid based cleaners to do the job quickly and it will remove all durt from fins and have same cooling as new.But in few years fins will start falling because of acid and ac condensers will be ruined.even soap water is harmful for fins.I ran a window ac successfully for 22 years without filling gas or changing anything at last I have it away still running because its huge kirlosker compressor consumed too much electricity.there was no pcb change because it had none only manual switches.Had to change blower motor because of my stupidity.it was making some noise and poured army gun cleaning oil on it.it is a good oil for cleaning and lubricating fire arms and it also removes copper fouling from rifle barrel i forgot that part and oil ate up brass bush within weak and motor burnt.I used to take it to car washing station and used to get it cleaned by water later I bought car washer.Only plain water and soft brush is best for cleaning condenser.outer condenser have thick and spaced fins it is easy to clean inner condenser have very soft fins direct pressure water will bend them so use brush and elbow grease.If you don't have so much time and mechanic is only option to clean it then buy some calcium carbonate and mix it in water.after fins are cleaned wash them with calcium carbonate water to neutralize acid on fins.

If ac is cooling less first thing they tells customers is it's low on gas.Now that is lie.if there is leak all gas will escape and there will be no cooling at all and compressor will not be under load if it's empty of gas.IF there is no leak all the damn gas is inside ac it doesn't eats it.Its best way to make money for mechanics and lots of profit from customers.it's not gas it's condenser that are chocked.
the way they portray it, ac's eat gas for 3meals a day

lol, yes :D
I hope they don't start the same thing to our refrigerators.

this entire gas-filing is a big scam, there is a decade old thread about it in teambhp as well.
the only time a genuine gas checking/filing "might" require - if we uninstall the split ac and relocate it to somewhere else.

Thank you for the detailed reply. You should start providing this service in India, it is sure to be a hit! I am not sure if I have the desire or energy to haul my ACs to the local car wash and have them hose the condensers.......I do have a power washer, and I am watching YouTube videos on this :)
I used to take it to car washing station and used to get it cleaned by water later I bought car washer.

Thank you for the detailed reply. You should start providing this service in India, it is sure to be a hit! I am not sure if I have the desire or energy to haul my ACs to the local car wash and have them hose the condensers.......I do have a power washer, and I am watching YouTube videos on this :)
I believe urban company provides this power wash service. During last year's service they added caustic soda or some chemical to clean the AC.

it is easy to clean inner condenser have very soft fins direct pressure water will bend them so use brush and elbow grease.
I intend to clean the fins of my fridge using a brush and a vacuum. They tend to pick up quite a lot of dust after a couple of years.
It's just a con. The only solution is user education if user is willing to learn. Otherwise these guys are sharks and it happens with other appliances as well. Cars is another area where this nonsense is widespread.
Only plain water and soft brush is best for cleaning condenser.outer condenser have thick and spaced fins it is easy to clean
I was about to ask why are they using acid to clean these fins ? its not a toilet bowl :oops:

Last edited:
I was about to ask why are they using acid to clean these fins ? its not a toilet bowl :oops:
Ac fins and pipes collects dust and moisture from room over time.it is hard to remove.Thats why we see blue coating fins,gold coating fins they for same purpose.these fins doesn't let water droplets on fins so only dirt deposits on them which is easy to clean with water.Water and dirt deposit on fins is really hard to clean.If a mechanic cleans ac with water it will not look clean to customer because some dirt marks remains on fins.machanic out frustration will put double quantity of acid cleaner on fins now.AC cleaner is mixture of acid and some foam making chemicals with 10% hcl in it. acid will cuts dirt and foam formed will push that dirt out of narrow spaced fins .Condensor cleaned this way looks like new and shiny and increase in cooling as brand new.Biggest drawback is you will need 200 letre water to get rid of acid from fins and pipes and still you will not be able to get it completely off the fins it will remain there and keep damaging fins over time.even if you have cleaned your fins with acid based cleaner only once it will damage fins same way as it was cleaned 10 times with acid.you don't have options sometimes if you have not cleaned condensers for years then condensers will be clogged so heavily that they can't be cleaned with water and brush you will have to use cleaners to remove heavy dirt.Moisture and dust makes a solid type of blockage between fins.If you got some sort of coating on fins they will get cleaned easily with water only a few durt marks will remain on fins.Here is where customer becomes dumb if a machanic has faithfully cleaned fins with water and brush don't ask him to clean fins like mirror shiny you are not going to shave you beards by looking at fins if air is flowing freely trough fins they are well cleaned.Now to remove those marks machanic will use acid based cleaners now.This is main reason mechanics uses acid based cleaners because customer is never satisfied with his work and wants every mark to be gone from fins.With acid based cleaner it takes 15,20 minutes to get them cleaned and with water and brush it takes 3,4 hours.so machanic can clean 10,12 ac in same time he is not going to waste 2,3 hours on single ac.front condenser in cars is always cleaned with acid it gets cleaned with water every time you gives your car for washing.Dust stuck between fins is so hard it can be removed with cleaner only.clean you ac fins when there is water in dirt if you shuts down your ac for longer period in winter.and you have not cleaned it.then water will evaporate and that dirt will be rock solid.just clean your ac when dirt is moist it is super easy to clean with water and will be out trough moisture pipe which throws out moisture from room do it before switching it of for longer time.you will get super cooling when you turns on your ac in summer season.If ac is cleaned with acid then neutralize acid with base like calcium carbonate.i learned this on site where people repairs antique radios.they removes cover from old copper wire get rids of oxidation on copper by acid and neutralizes acid with CC water and soldiers wire.They have small test tubes filled with acid and neutralizing agent.If you try to clean condensers with anything that have sodium hydroxide(caustic soda) it will react violently with aluminum fins.Try to put a silver foil in caustic sauda and see what happens.Thats why soap,washing powders are not recommended for cleaning condensers.

Last edited:
What has not been mentioned enough here with the washing of condensers is that you need to protect some of the electronic parts from water. Otherwise it will all go wrong.

I have found that most of these AC tech guys are just uneducated chaps who have never ever received formal training in AC tech. They just learn as they went along, and one chap I was talking to when they came to re-install a Daikin made a salary of 7K or so - and that too in Delhi. What kind of people do you expect to show up for such a low paying job? One day after they re-installed the Daikin in another room, it started leaking water inside the room (on the wall) because they had not aligned it correctly. So they came back and fixed it in 10 minutes, but I am left with a wall with permanent leak mark on it!

Same with plumbing, electrical wiring.........We need more trade schools in India, and enforcement of codes.

They don't know anything but consumer ke products ki aisi taisi to ker dete hai.Ever their so called experts doesn't knows any thing.if a thing gets burnt or damaged they will change whole thing but will never try to know cause of it because they lacks in in knowledge and that part they changed will get damaged in weeks again if it got burnt of some fault in other component.

Same with plumbing, electrical wiring.........We need more trade schools in India, and enforcement of codes.

It's a vicious cycle. Even if you are willing to pay more, there is still no guarantee that the tradesmen have good knowledge of their job and then there is the other side of the coin that most people can't or won't pay for quality workmanship or it is just unaffordable, like, in the west, where it is cheaper to replace the product than get it repaired.
Ever since I moved to my farm, I try to gain knowledge and carry out all the work myself, but not everyone has time for that. So people should at least try and educate themselves about the issue they are facing and one can easily find source material online for almost everything these days.
There are enough ITI across India where these people get trained, but just like our Engineering colleges the courses they teach are outdated and the knowledge dissemination is below par.

Are there any DIY websites you have found useful to learn to make repairs yourself in the Indian context?

I basically have a house to take care of, and I find the repair services shoddy all around. I also have not lived in India much, and am used to a very different set of standard of workmanship. Had to fix a dripping tap today and realized that the plumber who fixed it 2 months ago had not put any washer in it. What kind of a bloody plumber forgets to put a washer in the appropriate place? I fixed it but there are a thousand others I need to fix/get fixed.

Even simple things like what rating the electric/power lines going into the house to accommodate X number of ACs, etc is beyond the grasp of our neighborhood electrician. At one point we had 2 MCBs in our main power box, and one day our local electric guy decided we just need one, and threw out the second one, no explanation whatsoever given. Ha!

I am planning to educate myself a lot, especially given that I am planning a major renovation. So any DIY type websites would be very helpful.

It's a vicious cycle. Even if you are willing to pay more, there is still no guarantee that the tradesmen have good knowledge of their job and then there is the other side of the coin that most people can't or won't pay for quality workmanship or it is just unaffordable, like, in the west, where it is cheaper to replace the product than get it repaired.
Ever since I moved to my farm, I try to gain knowledge and carry out all the work myself, but not everyone has time for that. So people should at least try and educate themselves about the issue they are facing and one can easily find source material online for almost everything these days.
There are enough ITI across India where these people get trained, but just like our Engineering colleges the courses they teach are outdated and the knowledge dissemination is below par.

Back