LG vs Samsung for Fridge and Washing Machine

rawfiul

Disciple
Heya, need to buy a fridge and a washing machine. LG models provide 10 year motor/compressor warranty whereas the samsung one provides 20 !
It the warranty offered was same, i would have gone with LG. What are your thoughts and opinion?

Budget for Washing Machine - 30k (6 to 7 kg)
Budget for Fridge - 30k (waifu says she needs a fridge as big as our apartment; we are a family of 3)

Last edited:
Budget for Fridge - 30k (waifu says she needs a fridge as big as our apartment; we are a family of 3)
Do you guys run a morgue?

Joking aside, 20 year warranty on inverter motor doesn't make any different. Motor will outlast the machine itself. Samsung used to provide 3 year comprehensive warranty which they now have reduced to 2 years. That might say something.

Do you guys run a morgue?

Joking aside, 20 year warranty on inverter motor doesn't make any different. Motor will outlast the machine itself. Samsung used to provide 3 year comprehensive warranty which they now have reduced to 2 years. That might say something.
Yikers
Post your shortlists for either appliance

I liked this washing machine - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09Q94H46F/
and this refrigerator - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08HRX87FJ/

why are washing machine which is used once a day rated 5 stars but fridge that runs 24X7 are rated 3 stars at max ? Should i be worried if im going for 2 star fridge ?

Last edited:
Too small. The depth is only 45cm. Look for machine with depth 55cm
Check out the 471 L version. Adds a couple of more inches between shelves.

why are washing machine which is used once a day rated 5 stars but fridge that runs 24X7 are rated 3 stars at max ?
Different appliances so the scale is relative to the appliance.
Should i be worried if im going for 2 star fridge ?
No

My rated 4 star at the time consumes twice as much as what BEE claims it should

Thanks for this but im confused about refrigerator in particular now.
I would have bought LG but the ~400 L ones are all 2 star rating only.
Samsung ones are 3 star rated. Should i go for them.
Too small. The depth is only 45cm. Look for machine with depth 55cm

Check out the 471 L version. Adds a couple of more inches between shelves.

Different appliances so the scale is relative to the appliance.

No

My rated 4 star at the time consumes twice as much as what BEE claims it should

Thanks for this but im confused about refrigerator in particular now.
I would have bought LG but the ~400 L ones are all 2 star rating only.
Samsung ones are 3 star rated. Should i go for them.
Figures. They were 4 stars back in 2019 and they lose a star each year. So my 4-star in 2019 is now what? a 1 star? lol

Don't bother about it. Get the one with the features you want. Read the thread I linked to and you will get an idea of what I wanted

Figures. They were 4 stars back in 2019 and they lose a star each year. So my 4-star in 2019 is now what? a 1 star? lol

Don't bother about it. Get the one with the features you want. Read the thread I linked to and you will get an idea of what I wanted
Alright I'll get the lg

Back