Budget 25-30k LG WING @30K....buy or not?

Even the 12 Pro Max, which is supposed to be heaviest phone is around 228 grams and this is almost 40 grams heavier and add to it a case. Its nice but I'll pass. Plus I dont know how much powerful and efficient the SD 765 5G is.

Having a removable second screen like the G8x is a better option as well as more usable as a 2 screen device. Always having to carry and use such a heavy phone is going to be such a chore.
G8x is far far practical really.
Wing isn't.
G8x is lighter I guess, better last year's flagship processor, great camera ( manual mode, auto mode is ok too)
G8x is a better choice over wing...
I am waiting eagerly for the prices of g8x thinq to come down further. Check these practical things here.

Last edited:
Even the 12 Pro Max, which is supposed to be heaviest phone is around 228 grams and this is almost 40 grams heavier and add to it a case. Its nice but I'll pass. Plus I dont know how much powerful and efficient the SD 765 5G is.
765G is as good as a Snapdragon 845 which is a 3-4 year old flagship processor. Not good enough for a 30k phone.

Which phone do you use now and what are your primary requirements?

Are you very gentle on your phones and never bothered about OS updates?
Lg has promised atleast 3 os updates and its mentioned on their site as well...
As far as the swivel mechanism goes, Lg says at least 2lac swivels are guaranteed.. Of course when the phone does get traumatized by falls or weight..

Lg has promised atleast 3 os updates and its mentioned on their site as well...
Never ever go by promised updates.
As far as the swivel mechanism goes, Lg says at least 2lac swivels are guaranteed.. Of course when the phone does get traumatized by falls or weight..
Swivel mechanism is not the concern. Any problem based by accidental drops can lead to a brick if spares are not available and production of spares has stopped.
Currently using Note 10....yes exactly....never cared much for updates....mostly consider aesthetics....
Galaxy note 10? No need to even think of getting Wing.

If you are a samsung user, never ever consider buying LG phones. I bought the G8X for 20k in the BBD sale, the hardware was excellent and the build was awesome but the software experience was terrible. it doesn't even have the basic features that One Ui has. I have been using an S8 which has many features considering its age. I have sold the G8X within a week.

I would say its a vaaery niche phone. Compared to g8x it also has more ram and 5g so it has better longevity , I also kinda feel the way you can hold it with one hand when you hold the vertical screen while horizontal one is opened at top is much more ergonomic to hold than g8x , also gimbal mode is fun ( g8x has its advantages with more practical design maybe and quad dac etc ).

I think its amazing phone an eye catcher wherever you swiverl it open and a bargain at this price. I also think its one of the last few proper fun android phones, a bit like t mobile sidekicks of past which collectors still buy.

Having said all that , what I would be worried about if such a phone has a proper case or protection. I think few cases were launched and you might want to look into that because without a way to protect it well ( which seems a bit difficult ) it might not be the best buy. So i would research all that but i fthere a re options to protect it from drops etc well It could be a good buy.

Just to add to above points on care for this phone. It has curved display and is very hard to protect. I have Oneplus 8 with similar curved display.

Cannot use tempered glass as only those UV glue ones are available and they are dangerous (can damage components if not done with extreme care). I ended up using Fusion X rugged case and using normal thin film screen guard to avoid scratches.

With Oneplus 8, I have insurance and spares will never be a problem. With Wing, this can be a problem a year or two into the future.

I bought the wing during the sale and sold it in 2 months. Two main reasons- Too heavy, below average battery life. Heavy that my little finger developed a callosity. I have been an LG user since 2016 (G5-V20-V30-G8x-LG wing) . They were stellar when it came to construction and durability . Exception was the vietnam made G8x. The G8x stopped picking network and the mainboard was replaced under warranty. Now i find that the 3.5mm jack is not working , Means no quad dac functionality- my main reason to stick with LG. I can live with it since i use a usb dac which is superior to the LG quad dac.

Back