Disciple
hey need advice on buying a new mobo
current specs are
processor : intel i5 (2400)
mobo : intel dh67vr
gpu: Asus 660ti dc2t
psu : seasonic 620w
hdd : 500gb , planning to get wd blue 1tb

Selling current mobo coz the card is giving problems with this mobo, rest all cards are working good just my card seems to have problem , got it 3 days ago from RMA (good thing got processor and board both from RMA:))

Will sell this mobo, so want know which mobo should i go for
the new mobo should have usb 3.0 atleast 2
then 2 slots of pci*16
and integrated graphics and 4 ram slots.
and keep in budget guys, i don't do overclocking so no need of those high end fancy overclocking boards

yeah thinking about it in future ;) just keeping my option open to multi gpu setup , if it single then too no problem but will be happy if it has 2 ;)
selling my current for 5k so i can put extra 5k i guess , so a total of 10k.

1. help me in choosing a new mobo with lga 1155 socket and 2 pci*16 slots , thanks in advance guys
  2. What is your budget?
    • 7-9K
  3. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 (2400) sandy bridge
    • Motherboard - intel dh67vr
    • GPU - Asus 660ti dc2t
    • RAM - Transcend 1X4GB
    • Monitor - Lg LED 23 inch
    • PSU - Seasonic s12ii 620w
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  4. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • everything just want to buy a new mobo
  5. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Asus, intel, giga ,Asrock any mobo with LGA 1155 socket type, and should have 2 pci*16 slots thinking of having a another 660ti in future.
  6. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • Cabinet - CM (model not decided)
    • RAM - gskill, corsair or transcend 2X4GB (1300 or 1600mhz)
    • HDD - wd blue 1tb or 2*1tb.
  7. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Local dealer nanded (in maharashtra)
    • Open to online purchase
  8. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  9. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  10. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy Z motherboards, as i dont overclock. (dumb in overclocking got no clue)
  11. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Assassins creed series, cod , battle field, sniper , nfs any military action game :)
  12. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920*1080
  13. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  14. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • windows 8.1 64bit

Asus P8Z77-M ,
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Asus P8H77-V
Asus P8H77-M PRO

which is best among these 4 ?[DOUBLEPOST=1395202419][/DOUBLEPOST]Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H , its doesnt hv realtek it got VIA VT2021 codec , dont know if its good or not , anyone ?

Last edited:
Asus P8Z77-M ,
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Asus P8H77-V
Asus P8H77-M PRO

which is best among these 4 ?[DOUBLEPOST=1395202419][/DOUBLEPOST]Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H , its doesnt hv realtek it got VIA VT2021 codec , dont know if its good or not , anyone ?

I'll go with P8H77-V mainly because it's a full ATX mobo.

@topgear damn p8h77 v is neither available with distributor nor on any online site :(
on flipkart they have in atx
ASUS ASUS P8Z77-VLX
and in micro only p8h77 m pro not even z77 m pro
snapdeal doesnt have anything
itdepo got gigaboards
ga-z77 ud3h
ga z77x d3h
ga z77 d3h

prime got
asus p8z77 m
and same vlx (seems no one buys vlx lol)
and in giga
ga z77x d3h and g1 sniper m3

you mean my current board ?? intel dh67vr[DOUBLEPOST=1395402671][/DOUBLEPOST]coz there are some Compatibility issues or which issues i dont know, did rma of mobo and processor still my 660ti doesnt get detected and i get no display , other gpu's like 630,610,650 and radeon cards work on mobo and my gpu works on others, and its not psu fault as my gpu works on other mobo with same psu and still tried a 750w corsair on my mobo still no display , hving this issues from a month so now finally selling mobo and buying new.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply,
yes the intel board. Sounds strange to me because I read its tech specs and it looks fine. Only thing that can cause a problem is the PCI slot not proper or not giving enough power.
Are you sure you are using the correct PCI 16x slot? Am sure you are but still :). Do one thing if possible. Try and get another high power consumption gpu and check it.
If even that has problem, surely pci - e slot problem. Some connections have gone kaput.
I think you should RMA this board, I feel that will solve the issue. No use wasting money on getting another board.
If you are sure on sli, then its another matter. But if you only intend one card, I feel you should give rma a try.

slot is proper as its got only single slot of pci*16 and none of my frnd got higher card than 660ti so i cannot test it , but as for power issue i did tried other psu of 750w corsair as mine is seasonic 620w.
did everything from a month contacted intel and asus, As said i have done RMA of PROCESSOR AND MOBO both and got both new sealed packs , i even thought they gave me same mobo with packing so rechecked it with serial number.
but still after RMA the issue is not solved :( and now i dont think I can do RMA again.
As the mobo can run other gpu's ( for example i tried these : 610 , 630 and 650 and a radeon)

Sry did not read you already rma.
Was not talking of PSU, was talking of the electrical connectors in the pci-e slots. But if a 650 runs on it then am not sure if they are problematic.

This is very strange.

the RMA was sealed so i dont think there should be any problem thats why i'm confused from a month..
Read on few forums that sometimes few mobo doesnt detect a specific card and there is no solution to them.
so pls help me in buying new mobo suggest any from above listed

Gigabyte G1. SNIPER M3 Z77 , is availble on prime at 12k but it is micro Atx and got few doubts about it
like the sound chip is not relatek so is the other good and does it support intel turbo boost , i can buy it at 12k but is it best among other ??

Gigabyte G1. SNIPER M3 Z77 , is availble on prime at 12k but it is micro Atx and got few doubts about it
like the sound chip is not relatek so is the other good and does it support intel turbo boost , i can buy it at 12k but is it best among other ??

It is absolutely the best. It does not have realtek chip, but has a creative audio chip which is much much much much better than the realtek chip.
The chip on Asus maximus V gene is also realtek but uses creative audio software simulation, but this motherboard has onboard creative audio chip.
The sound is too good and much better than you would even find on much more expensive boards. It has intel nic, which is also good. Many other boards have diff ethernet controllers, but intel nic are the great.
In US this board was at the same price as asus v gene, but here it is priced properly lower than the gene. The only huge difference was this board was a moderate overclocker compared to the hardcore overclocking gene.
But you are not going to overclock, so the value of gene is useless here.

Micro atx I Cannot comment on it, its your personal choice. Sli also you need to read on this mobo as its micro atx. I can do sli but it is micro atx. lil space problems will be there
If I was in your place and willing to spend 12k on a mobo, i would close my eyes and go for this board.

Back