LG's 'Curved' G Flex Android phone heals itself when scratched

Aman27deep

Skilled
Nowadays to get a premium smartphone, we're spending upwards of Rs 40,000 and when we spend that sort of money and our devices get a scratched - there is a lot of remorse later, like I felt when I got a small scratch on the back of my Sony Xperia Z. Sadly, my phone doesn't have this new feature found in the new LG G Flex smartphone.

In the video below, you can see scratches being done on two phone's back by a wire brush on different weight intensities, and after waiting a couple of minutes - the scratches on the G Flex nearly gone; whereas the 'conventional' phone's back remains heavily scratched. Of course, this technology is not magic, so deep scratches won't disappear - although it will become lighter. Not much is explained about the technology, although I would make assumptions that it shares some tech which the self healing cutting mats use. The video also shows that the phone can actually be bent even after taking quite a bit of weight directly upon itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SphEAlsrRoo

Source

Attachments

• 34020_1_lg_s_g_flex_smartphone_heals_itself_when_scratched.jpg
    34020_1_lg_s_g_flex_smartphone_heals_itself_when_scratched.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 269
This video is a nice demo on the self-healing process. The guy actually scratches the screen and shows how it heals. He also flexes the whole phone so that it goes completely flat... with zero damage!

Interesting technology... but that durability snippet with 16-32 kg weight test seemed fake :p the way the guy was handling the weight didn't give the impression that he was handling such a heavy thing.

Interesting technology... but that durability snippet with 16-32 kg weight test seemed fake :p the way the guy was handling the weight didn't give the impression that he was handling such a heavy thing.
@ayanavish Do check out the video that I linked to. In that video the reviewer actually presses down on the phone with his hands and makes it flex.

Haaa..Old technology. Gadgetshieldz already has it..I would rather buy a Gadgetshieldz screen and body protection film. Self heals both on the screen and body and I can use it on any of my cell phones. Don't have to buy a LG Flex for this.

Back