Budget 31-40k Lightweight laptop for a Doctor

Haha useless suggestion. It is like customer care copy pasting standard response without understanding the op query or requirements

Couldn't agree more. Some fans on this forum close their senses and keep repeating the same thing
I personally use both OS. On desktop both are good. On laptop Mac OS feels better. Also let me tell you it’s an hackintosh machine for me in both cases with and ssd installed. Temps are low on same hardware in Mac OS and not in windows. Mac OS feels smooth than windows. This are thereason I personally suggest people Mac over windows. I personally don’t justify the price and that’s the reason I personally do hackintosh. But for people who are not into this. Investing in hardware seems a good option. Rest you are open to think what ever on the suggestion. Linux is also an good option but person I felt it’s not for me so don’t have extensive experience as a user so don’t recommend it normally.

normally people set a budget because they think this should be sufficient for a given amount of time. It can be true as well as a false assumption. Based on requirement and understanding I prefer giving suggestion. Like for a friend of mine who is in video editing and stuff Mac was a good option but he also wanted to play games on the same so that option was no longer valid, so recommended him a msi gaming laptop which he bought. Hardware is strong but it’s not that portable but he invested in a higher model because last time when he bought a laptop. It’s did served him well for a period of 2 years then it gave problems as it was not able to full fill the requirements. I don’t know what kind of usage OP will have. I have been on the heavier side which taught me that this ward ware will were off quite sooner than thought.

for 2 years or so, as laptop in the budget of 45k max is good but for rest I would suggest to invest in better hardware.

I personally am not some one like apple, intel, amd, nvidia fanboy. I but stuff which does better work for me and is vfm.

Another example which is personal one is my gpu purchase. Was looking to buy new one sense new series. Option where Nvidia 3080 and Amd RX6800XT or above. For most nvidia offers better pricing, package and value. For me it’s amd. I was offered RTX 3080 for 78k and 80k for different models. But I bought the RX6800XT for 81K+. For most it’s a stupid decision but not for me. I am running an dual boot hackintosh on my RX6800XT and saved a lot money. It was a gamble but it worked. My work requires me to have Mac OS and so instead of having 2 system, I am running 1 system with all. Now I keep my hackintosh laptop as a backup in emergency only as it’s not that powerful for me now a days for day to day use even though it’s just 3 years old.

for 2 years or so, as laptop in the budget of 45k max is good but for rest I would suggest to invest in better hardware.
Thanks for the detailed explanation but I dont know where this assumption is coming from. I used my Dell inspiron 1521 for almost 8 years and sold it off for roughly 40%-50% of the cost I had purchased in 2013. It ran perfectly well and for me even after all these years. I moved to linux recently on that and it used to run almost like new. Even windows 10 used to work fine but not as well as linux. Similarly I got a chromebook roughly 15k from the US in 2016. Its an Acer chromebook, still to this day it works without any issues. For this one, the battery is also working fine. Chrome os also works fine after all these years. I have recently moved to Gallilium os on this machine which is an ubuntu chrome variant but again it runs perfectly fine on both chrome os and linux.

Overall, I think if maintained properly a 45k machine can easily run for years.

Check this out too
Says 10th gen in the title but looks like a mistake. It's 11th gen i3 in description.

Thanks for the detailed explanation but I dont know where this assumption is coming from. I used my Dell inspiron 1521 for almost 8 years and sold it off for roughly 40%-50% of the cost I had purchased in 2013. It ran perfectly well and for me even after all these years. I moved to linux recently on that and it used to run almost like new. Even windows 10 used to work fine but not as well as linux. Similarly I got a chromebook roughly 15k from the US in 2016. Its an Acer chromebook, still to this day it works without any issues. For this one, the battery is also working fine. Chrome os also works fine after all these years. I have recently moved to Gallilium os on this machine which is an ubuntu chrome variant but again it runs perfectly fine on both chrome os and linux.

Overall, I think if maintained properly a 45k machine can easily run for years.
As I said depends on the kind of useage and requirements that the time on evaluation.

If you can add another 10k then LG Gram 14 will be the perfect lightweight laptop:

Is he open to buying refurb? At this price range he should be able to get 3 year old refurb enterprise class ultrabooks which will be above and beyond any thing new you can buy Today in that budget in terms of quality or reliability

Something like this https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-ThinkP...wed+laptop&qid=1619837779&sprefix=rene&sr=8-3

Search harder on 2 gud and Amazon. Look for 12.5/13 inchers if you want further weight reduction. Durability of these enterprise models is a class of their own, with metal chassis and easily serviceable parts

Last edited:
I just came across this, fits the requirements very well, do consider this as well.
This is down to 39k right now.

Flipkart has a sale ongoing. Definitely worth a buy at this price. Also, additional 1000 rupees if the buyer has an HDFC card.
Well, Amazon has the 15" version for even cheaper. (36k)

Well, Amazon has the 15" version for even cheaper. (36k)
OP needs light weight. 14" is more suited for their requirements.

If there are not many video calls, the suggested Mi laptop is a great VFM. Looking at the customer feedback, it would be better to completely check and buy at a physical store. Build quality is very good.

Other options: Acer Swift 3 or Aspire series and the Asus Vivobooks are very good.

Back