Limbo - Discussion Thread

In other good news -

Additionally, the PC version of the game is "the only" release of the game "that runs at a full 60fps.

PCs FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! :p

It really doesn't make that big of a difference, to be honest. This game is slow, in terms of gameplay, so doesn't really need 60fps. :p

True Ethan, but being a "PC only" gamer and having been at the receiving for several years now of "console -ported- PC games" I don't miss a chance to celebrate a feature that's present on the PC but missing on the console version. ;)

Playing already and it's fun... and bit tiring and bit too much on my already-tired-from-work mind. It's no Braid (I missing that awesome ambient music part), but the overall ambiance is very good (the sound design, little sound effects in the background etc.). Some of level definitely require multiple tries and does get bit tiresome going over and over again.... But I'm still playing... so boo-yeah!!! :D

I have also installed it on my HTPC so connecting the Xbox controller to it and playing on big TV is freakin' fun. The best thing to do would be cranking up my speakers, turning off all the lights and play. Unfortunately that will have to wait till I get alone and house to myself, so no one can disturb moi. :eek:hyeah:

Watch out for those bear traps. The sound of your bones snapping isn't pretty. The fact that it has no music, creates that much more impact. :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
Watch out for those bear traps. The sound of your bones snapping isn't pretty. The fact that it has no music, creates that much more impact. :p
Yeah. The horrific and violent ways in which you die is one of the most amazing things in the game.

Reached chapter 12 and man this game is (in Russell Peters words) MIND BLASTING!

I can't believe how much the devs have pulled off with just basic platforming controls like moving forward, backward, jump and grab. These are the only controls you'll have access to in this game. Everything else depends on your observation to the surrounding area and how to use the objects effectively to your advantage. Times puzzles require more tact, but a few deaths would eventually let you figure out how to get across. Very subtle music has kicked in. I love the amount of artistic detail they have provided to each level. Sounds are extremely crisp and the first few chapters are brilliant, especially the boss fight. Seems like a really short game, but very addictive.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Meaning? PC version flows in the same way that console version does.
360 has some 24 levels and pc version i think has 30 or 34 levels.no wonder gameplay is same but the chapter distribution seems to vary.

^^limbo becomes a bit difficult towards the ending chapters therefore i tried to find a walkthrough.But was not getting a proper one as the chapters were not matching

No not additional levels the save system is i think different.

eg:- xbox 360 level 18 is i think level 28 something for the pc.

Back