[LIVE]PS4 India Official Introduction (not launch).

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
You can watch the live event here.
http://sonyapps.in/ps4/

PS: I'm surprise that no one posted this. You guys not interested? :/

Official price announced: Rs.39,990.
Many tweeples are raging online.
Price of first party games: 3999Rs.
PS4 hits stores on Jan 6, 2014 for 39,990Rs

Last edited:
It is. 26k in US and 40k in India. Dunno whose fault it is.
I was expecting around 35k.
Whatever the price crazy fanboys will still buy them. Thats for sure. :p

With all the issues plaguing the PS4.. Dont think it ll be wise to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

Btw, as it is a known thing that the playstations are not repaired in India.. So any info that after the warranty expires, how much % worth of credit note will Sony be issuing?
And is that credit note valid for any Sony product purchase or playstation console only? (Sorry for the n00b question)

AFAIK there aren't any deal breaking issues with the PS4. The HDMI problems and the console not booting up turned out to be affecting less than 1% of the overall market.

They had a replacement policy for PS3s, so i'm sure they'll have the same if not similar conditions for the PS4.

Was thinking of buying this but at 40K never, I was about to buy the PS3 for gaming and 3D Blu ray but instead bought a simple 3D player now I am feeling sorry should have gotten a PS3 ohh well just have to buy and build a new computer I guess. Maybe a HTPC gaming computer silent but deadly. As far as Sony goes around 30K I would have bought it now gonna spend that on a computers.

Was thinking of buying this but at 40K never, I was about to buy the PS3 for gaming and 3D Blu ray but instead bought a simple 3D player now I am feeling sorry should have gotten a PS3 ohh well just have to buy and build a new computer I guess. Maybe a HTPC gaming computer silent but deadly. As far as Sony goes around 30K I would have bought it now gonna spend that on a computers.

Why did you buy a Simple 3D Player? PS4 could have done that. Waiting for PS4 price would have made sense. Now you could have gone and brought a PS3 which again is capable of doing that.
Wondering if waiting for Xbox One makes any sense or should I just go and build a computer?

There are 3 reasons to avoid both consoles at this point of time.
  • The ridiculous pricing at this point. Xbox One still doesn't have a price tag but I don't think it will be cheap.
  • Remember the RROD and YLOD that was solved to a large extent in the second iteration of each console. Lets see how well the consoles run over a period of time.
  • Game prices. This can be seen as a deadlock. The problem is both the console price and game prices. Since both them are high not a lot of people will buy them at this point. Those who rely on used games will also suffer because of this as since no one is buying no one is selling.
Better build a good PC and if the exclusives interest you then wait a while.

There are 3 reasons to avoid both consoles at this point of time.

You forgot the number 1 reason, there are no system sellers. All launch titles are terrible and the other AAA ones are already on current gen.
Only games i'm excited for are Witcher 3 and Titanfall and they are coming to the PC so no need to get this until holiday 2015 when Uncharted 4, God of war 5, LBP3 and MGS5 will probably be out along with a price cut for the system.

Honestly, people should hold on at least until the steam machine launches or at least until Halo 5, Uncharted 4 or Last of Us 2 releases. Till then 360 and ps3 will do just fine.

Back