Llano based lappy...MSi,hp or sony vaio?

MAGNeT

Skilled
Have decided to get a llano based e450 chip based lappy.

COnfused which company to get.

As i am getting msi with 2 years warranty at 21k while for hp warranty is for single year and vaio after buying for 25k i need to spend 2-3k more.

Planing to get mifi router that will set me back by 7k almost.

Hence thinking msi is the based to buy.

How is its service point?ALso how is the service for vaio too?Hp so far is the last option as less warranty plus service have taken a hit as have heard from many.

Try importing the Thinkpad X120e from the us. Its selling for 325$. Warranty is honoured by Lenovo India. Or else go for the Hp Dm1z.

LLano ! = E450

Brazos = E450 , E3xx and c series.

The Hp Dm1 model is one of the best sold right now other than that Sony YB and Thinkpad are other viable alternatives.

Battery:

Asus Eee PC 1215B - 5200 mAh

Dell Inspiron M102z - 5000 mAh

Fujitsu Lifebook PH512 - 4800 mAh

HP Pavillion DM1 - 4400 mAh

Samsung NP305 - 4000 mAh

Sony Vaio YB - 3500 mAh

All these units have the same internals, so battery size is good indication of battery life. Notably, the Asus 1215B has a 12.1-inch screen while the other units have smaller 11.6-inch screens. The larger screen would consume a little more juice. The Asus, Dell and Fujitsu are you best choices for endurance.

Others:

Asus Eee PC 1215B - It is the only one equipped with a USB 3.0 port.

Dell Inspiron M102z - Comes with 4GB of RAM, the others only comes with 2GB. Also comes with SRS surround sound.

Fujitsu Lifebook PH512 - Has a 640GB hard drive, most of the others have 500GB hard drives.

HP DM1 - Comes with Beats Audio

Sony Vaio YB - The Sony Vaio YB comes with 384MB of dedicated video memory. Only comes with a 320GB hard drive, most of the others have 500GB hard drives.

Samsung NP305 - Smallest of the bunch, meaning it also has the narrowest keyboard.

Source: e-450 roundup - Google Search

Check for any updates in Asus Eee Pc in India, as it will be a good option if they've released this E-450 version in India

I don't think the MSI CR430 has bluetooth.
I was considering it, but the lack of bluetooth bumped it off my list.

sunny27 said:
Try importing the Thinkpad X120e from the us. Its selling for 325$. Warranty is honoured by Lenovo India. Or else go for the Hp Dm1z.

Can you provide any link for the Thinkpad at $325? or is it only available offline at that price?

It says bluetooth optional so is usb 3 one port.

so does it have it or is not there at all in msi cr 430.

Msi warranty is supported by smartlink.And i have heard good story about it,its past name as digilink.Also there service centre is quite near which also is plus point for me.

I called up the Asus distributor here in Chennai for asus 1215b availability and they told me that they are not importing asus 1215b but only 1201t is available.

FYI

sato1986 said:
Source: e-450 roundup - Google Search

Check for any updates in Asus Eee Pc in India, as it will be a good option if they've released this E-450 version in India

Asus have 3 usb 2.0 ports

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee PC 1215B

Seeing the price ratio msi wins no doubt about that.

But a 14 incher means more battery squeeze up.

Would had love if dell too had its presence but i guess they have remove their only amd old listing too from india m101z.

Avoiding Hp/sony as i need to keep price low so that mifi router and some ram and hdd upgrades can be done.Also ipad or prime transformer might be bought in 2012.

Was almost flaunted getting a vaio cheap but had to avoid it.

Anyways i have almost made my mind for MSI.Now need to sort out 3g net issue without which i can go ahead with my plans.

No bro.Unfortunately someone got injured in my home.So i had to drop plan atleast till feb.As i plan to test 3-4 models in person.

^^ sad to hear that bro.
<

Looks like then i will be the first one to get Llano based lappy then. currently eyeing on Asus X43 Series.

As darky mentioned its brazos.I wrote the title wrong.

I dont think ideapad x120e is available here.

I am still more inclined towards Msi but again since alot of time have passed i need to re-ask whether the present system is right to get or more updates have come.

Local MSI dealer quoted me 18500 for MSI cr430 with 2 years warranty. cheaper than letsbuy and flipkart(20,500/-) and it is out of stock on both sites.

I have changed my mind from Llano to Brazos as this is going to be temporary(6-8 months) lappy.

MSI CR430 :

2 years Warranty

6-cell 4400mAh battery

14" Led backlit display.

How may hours can i expect from 6 cell on 14" ?

Back