Logitech Folio Touch v/s Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11

wisekaiser

Disciple
Hey guys,

Just bought an iPad Pro 11' today and am now looking for a keyboard case that's best suited for my needs. I'm looking to use iPad Pro for mainly for studying (note taking, typing, plenty of web surfing, reading pdfs, going through online documentation and videos, writing code occasionally) and occasional entertainment (light gaming and watching movies/documentaries). I'll be using the device mostly while working from home or while sitting outdoors. These are the three options I've narrowed down upon (feel free to suggest something better):

1. Logitech Folio Touch (Cost: ~Rs. 10k): Have a friend who can get this for me within 2-3 weeks from Spain.
Pros - Good protection, the keyboard material feels more durable, extra function keys, multiple levels of backlighting, strap to keep apple pencil in place when not using the ipad, keys are decent
Cons - Very Bulky compared to magic keyboard, Harder to take off if I plan to use just the tablet in bed, not lappable when typing (should be okay while using pencil/watching videos though), takes more space on the desk that Magic Keyboard

2. Magic Keyboard (Cost: ~ Rs. 16k): Have a friend who can get this for me in 2 months time from the US
Pros - Versatile as you can easily attach/remove ipad from the keyboard depending on what you want to do, Extra USB type C port (for charging), Lappable, More sleek, Looks better in my opinion
Cons - Expensive, Offers very minimal protection on the edges, Nothing to stop apple pencil from detaching when kept in bag, Material feels nice but doesn't feel as durable as Logitech, lesser function keys compared to Logitech, hard to write using pencil while the ipad is mounted on the keyboard (although there are some workarounds).

3. Keychron K2 keyboard + ESR Flip cover (Cost: ~ 1.5k as I've already bought the keyboard): My friend from Spain is already getting me the keyboard in 2-3 weeks, just need to buy the flip cover off Amazon.
Pros - Great typing experience, Cheap because already bought the keyboard for my desktop, Keyboard is pretty durable, 75% keyboard so can be carried along in the bag if needed
Cons - Can't be used while iPad is in lap or while I'm in bed, Although can be carried it's still way more bulky than above 2 options, Requires charging and Bluetooth connection

Eagerly looking forward to hear from you all. :)

Back