Logo Design Competition

Praks

Skilled
A friend is looking to design 2 logos for his upcoming ventures & looking for good logo designers.

Price - 1000 Rs (For both logos), It can be increased if logos are too good & friend really likes it. Money will be paid via online bank transfer.

Note - Once logo is handed over after payment, my friend will be have total ownership of these logo & you need to sign handover form. There will be copyright process on it through lawyer.

If you are good at designing & like to be part of this work then please PM me. Concept & work profile of the company will be provided so you can have your design ideas ready & start working on it.

Hi Praks,

Just saw your post. It may be too late but am still doing to clarify something.

What you are asking to be done i.e. getting two logos designed for Rs. 1,000/- is like asking for the sky.

A logo represents an identity of an organization and a great amount of thought goes into creating one. It is just not about putting two alphabets or a piece of a GIF together and call it a logo. No designer worth his/her salt will even touch your work unless the payment is respectable.

Please understand that I am saying it from my personal experience as have been dealing with advertising/designing people for donkeys years.

No self-respecting guy who will do a decent job for you will do it for anything less than 8-10 K per logo. Of course, you can have it created by a DTP guy for peanuts, but what value will it serve, only you can tell.

Bless you.

Hi Praks,

What you are asking to be done i.e. getting two logos designed for Rs. 1,000/- is like asking for the sky.

A logo represents an identity of an organization and a great amount of thought goes into creating one. It is just not about putting two alphabets or a piece of a GIF together and call it a logo. No designer worth his/her salt will even touch your work unless the payment is respectable.

Please understand that I am saying it from my personal experience as have been dealing with advertising/designing people for donkeys years.

No self-respecting guy who will do a decent job for you will do it for anything less than 8-10 K per logo. Of course, you can have it created by a DTP guy for peanuts, but what value will it serve, only you can tell.

Bless you.

Agreed :)

Photoshop for basic design and then it can be traced to vector using Illustrator (or even Photoshop, but Photoshop doesn't output to vector afaik). Vector format is a must.

@RD274 If you stick to shapes only in Photoshop, then wouldn't it be vector?

Agree though that Illustrator & CorelDraw are the most popular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it would, but Photoshop doesn't output to a popular vector file format like EPS or SVG, hence Illustrator is more professionaly preferred.

jademagnet.com has list of 5-10 different companies in each field.
Logo Design - 4-5 people, Based on my budget & their commission they will give work to someone.

Correct ?

Hi Praks,

Bless you.

I think most of the guys who are starting up do their work for free so that they can build up a portfolio. Its not like you pass out of an art school and start getting commissions.

@chiron >

Of course you are so right about getting the work done for free from fresh art-school grads, etc. Even I won't mind getting it done that way, because it will save me a lot of money, and help the fresher gain some experience and pocket money.

However, I would certainly look into the fact as what is my "real objective" is -- Am I getting a "new logo" designed for my company, or getting my company stationery designed based on an "existing logo"?

Having said that I rest my case. You are a sharp guy and you certainly have another argument to counter my point. However, I do not want to get into an unnecessary argument.

Bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back